BrownLeader 2018 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

On 10/21/2017 at 9:32 AM, IDOG_det said:

You do realize the people at NFL.com are just trying to write articles that get your attention, right? They don't really care if they're right or wrong, no one is going to hold them to what they say. They're judged on how many clicks they get, not on how right they are. Not really the people you should put your trust in if you're going off of someone elses opinion.

Disagree on a couple of points. They do need clicks that is for sure, but as professional ex scouts, I am sure they take pride in their work and do not want to come across as idiots.

A lot of non NFL.com draft analysts completely agree with their assessment of Allen and they score pretty high on their lists when it comes to predicting the draft.

Also, being ex scouts, they have serious contacts within the scouting community and access to info, we simply do not.

Take Gil Brandy as an example - I have seen him be right on 29 1st rounders, higher than anybody else, but I do not think it is his work alone, I think he has access to the Cowboys actual draft board.

3 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

ahh....

I haven't been a strong supporter of Kizer since he started regressing halfway thru of his soph year at Notre Dame. But carry on.

Sorry, I was way off and mistook you for somebody else on the Brown's forum. My mistake completely. I humbly apologize for my error.

On 10/22/2017 at 11:51 AM, ClutchDJ said:

Can you give a analysis on Justin Reid? Please & thank you.

I think he's a smart, slot cover guy atm. Really good burst, ball skills and awareness of things in front of him. Listed as a safety but not real physical or big. Just an adequate tackler and doesn't like to jump in there and punish. I'd guess he projects as a nickel DB, FS, or CB. Stock depends on how athletic he really is.

14 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

How good is Harrison Phillips? I can’t seem to find an anylsis on him anywhere.

He's solid a lot of potential being that he's rarely gotten to.play his natural position, 3-4 RE and He has always played a ton of snaps and could never go.all out like he would in a rotation 

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Though not many give up football and take a job in the real world due to their injury history.

Meh he gave up football during the offseason, and ended up playing the next year. Barely even a noteworthy detail IMO

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 1:25 PM, ClutchDJ said:

How good is Harrison Phillips? I can’t seem to find an anylsis on him anywhere.

He looks like one of the best interior guys in this class...top 3-4 imo. Good short area quickness for a NT. Handles the double team. He's got long arms that he uses to bench press guys off the snap. Gets free quickly and finds the ball. Monster motor. Doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses. Vea is more of a specimen but Phillips is a better player.

17 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

He looks like one of the best interior guys in this class...top 3-4 imo. Good short area quickness for a NT. Handles the double team. He's got long arms that he uses to bench press guys off the snap. Gets free quickly and finds the ball. Monster motor. Doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses. Vea is more of a specimen but Phillips is a better player.

He is super meh to me, strictly a 2 down plugger, not very athletic, offers nothing in the pass game. Strong, has good punch, doesn't have the same effort in the pass game than in the run game, rotational guy on the next level. At best he could sneak his way into a Kyle Williams type of player but he is more than likely a Jamie Meder type of player, you mention Phillips being a better player, he may be a better player for their scheme on the college level, but its about what they project on the next level.

Top 3?, So you have Payne, Vea, Nnadi, He's not better than Kendrick Norton, Dontavius Russell, Lowell Lotulelei, B.J.Hill, Greg Gilmore, Josh Frazier,Khalil McKenzie, Bryan Mone Nifae Lealao, and a few others I failed to mention but these are 1 - tech/NT prospects. And this is just for the sake of arguement

Also in your or someone's else opinion, who would be the best blocking WR and TE in the 2018 class

Archived