Week 11 GDT: Squish the Fitz

Trentwannabe

5 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Victory formation coming up with some very loud cheering by Bills fans!

After that recent Arctic blast, if you were living in Buffalo you too would be in a good mood after a dose of Miami sunshine. ;)

Bills much more focused today compared to the game in Buffalo. Congrats on the sweep, see you next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

After that recent Arctic blast, if you were living in Buffalo you too would be in a good mood after a dose of Miami sunshine. ;)

Bills much more focused today compared to the game in Buffalo. Congrats on the sweep, see you next year. 

Best of luck vs. Cleveland next week. I do think that is a winnable game for you guys.

Couple things

Levi Wallace continues to be very meh

Star Lotuleilei needs to go.. Let's keep Jordan Phillips long term with Oliver, Harrison Phillips and Corey Liuget. Liuget has been ok.

Dawson Knox was a nice get, he's gonna have a long career with Josh Allen

Josh Allen is a franchise QB. He flashes a upside that is unrivalled and is only gonna get better. He's scratching the surface still.

Ty Nseke is gonna sting. Probably finished in Buffalo 

Still not buying our pass Rush. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Couple things

Levi Wallace continues to be very meh

Star Lotuleilei needs to go.. Let's keep Jordan Phillips long term with Oliver, Harrison Phillips and Corey Liuget. Liuget has been ok.

Dawson Knox was a nice get, he's gonna have a long career with Josh Allen

Josh Allen is a franchise QB. He flashes a upside that is unrivalled and is only gonna get better. He's scratching the surface still.

Ty Nseke is gonna sting. Probably finished in Buffalo 

Still not buying our pass Rush. 

Ty signed a two year deal. Would like to see him back competing next year as I still don't buy Ford as a RT.

Agree about Josh Allen. He likely will never be a consistent top 10 QB but the progress he has made from year 1 to year 2 and how he has played the last 6 games 10 TD passes, 1 INT and 4 rushing TD is exactly what we need from him. 

DE is definitely a major issue and likely our biggest need moving forward.

Great win today. Daboll being upstairs may be the key going forward. Can communicate with Josh pre-snap about what he is seeing and clearly an effort was made to get Singletary the ball. 

I am still absolutely baffled why Duke Williams is inactive because of Foster supposedly being a special teams guy and a deep threat. Duke is what we need for a 3rd down guy.

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Allen hasn't thrown a pick in 2 calendar months now.

One more compliment to Smoke and Beasley and I think this offense could make some good strides if Allen really has learned to stop playing hero ball.

It’s honestly crazy that he hasn’t had a pick in that stretch of time.

Sean McDermott now has 22 wins as HC of the Bills with 6 games remaining in his third season.

Here is how our previous coached stacked up after their 3rd season or when they were fired.

Rex Ryan: 15-16 fired with one game remaining in his second season

Doug Marrone: 15-17. Quit after two seasons.

Chan Gailey: 16-32. Fired after three seasons

Richard Jauron: 24-33. Fired 9 games into his 4th season.

Mike Mularkey: 14-18. Quit after two seasons. 

Greg Williams: 17-31. Not re-signed after 3 year contract

Wade Phillips: 29-19. Not re-signed after 3 year contract.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Allen hasn't thrown a pick in 2 calendar months now.

One more compliment to Smoke and Beasley and I think this offense could make some good strides if Allen really has learned to stop playing hero ball.

Laviska Shenault and Justin Jefferson are 2 big body guys coming out should be available between picks 20-31 where we should be picking

AJ Green has to be on table this off season as well. 

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Great win today. Daboll being upstairs may be the key going forward. Can communicate with Josh pre-snap about what he is seeing and clearly an effort was made to get Singletary the ball. 

I am still absolutely baffled why Duke Williams is inactive because of Foster supposedly being a special teams guy and a deep threat. Duke is what we need for a 3rd down guy.

Robert Foster was strictly in this game for Special Teams, at times he was on the sideline basically kicking rocks. He was either squating down or looking at his feet. He had no interest on being there it is going to be a problem if he is placed the ERFA again. Duke needs to either come in to his own on special teams or they need to start figuring out another player to be inactive moving forward because the big targets are only knox and kroft which Knox has made some great plays but also has dropped a couple. Having another tall guy in there could be beneficial.

Finally I got my wish and they ran singletary 15 times and he averaged 5 ypc again so he is consistently moving the ball, they just need to continue to do that. I couldnt tell but it also seemed like Lee Smith was on the sidelines the entire game which was something I was happy to see as well. 

Offensively there are some issues that still need to be resolved, Allen throwing at Gores ankles on a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage is unacceptable he did that twice and stalled the drive. Other thing is the offense at times seemed vanilla and just nothing going on in the backfield for teams to bite. The one play which was the mckenzie sweep worked out well but I thought for sure they would do it again since it worked so well but it didnt. Week 10 and I think the bills only have pulled a screen once I wish they did this more often and maybe a wr screen to mckenzie to create some open field for him. Im not trying to bash on Daboll he did a fine job yesterday but when you got to face opposing defenses that are better then the dolphins you need to bring out some more creative plays.

Defense stepped up big time, the pressure was consistent and worked the dolphins oline. Luiget has been a great addition and I would like to see him take more snaps on and less from star. Another person who looked strong was Kevin Johnson he seemed more comfortable then Levi Wallace. Levi gives guys to much cushion and I am not sure if McD wants him to play off or if he is not being aggressive. Kevin was all over Hurns and Gesicki at times compared to Levi. Pass rushing is still a concern I really do not like Trent Murphy and him playing is a waste of time as he hasnt shown his worth out there. I think its safe to move on from him this off season