Week 11 GDT: New Orleans Saints (7-2) vs. Tampa Bay Bucs: Pick yourself up off the mat

Canadian Saint

This will be a short one as real life is getting in the way lol. Losses happen, especially to division rivals with nothing to play for. The best measure? How teams responds. If they come out flat then there are some alarms going off. We need our leaders to step up in a big way this week.

Coaches Corner:

- We will be without OG Peat, CB Lattimore and KR/PR Harris for this game. I assume Clapp gets the nod at OG, PJ Williams takes over on the boundary (vomit) and I'm blanking on who takes over on Harris' duties.

- Lattimore is obviously the most problematic as Evans and Godwin are a handful and a half to handle. I expect us to stay in nickle like 90% of the time.

- Shout out to Kiko Alonso who played well with increased snaps last week.

- Thankfully CGM is not on the injury report.

- Kirkwood got designated for return off IR status this week, so in the next few weeks we'll see him work into the offense.

- I expect a very heavy dose of Murray and Kamara for us. Keep possession and churn out yardage.

Prediction:

With us going 5 straight wins with a back up QB, I'm not going to discount this team even when missing key players. So as usual:

24-17

D rebounds, Murray and Kamara have a big day on the ground, Brees throws 1 TD.

• Like 1

This is an easily losable game.  The Bucs can be one of the best passing offenses in the league and we're down Lattimore.  It all depends on whether or not Jameis goes full Jameis.

I expect us to pass the ball a lot again, as they are a top rushing defense in yards/attempt.  No need to run into a brick wall all game long.  If it turns out we can run the ball on them, then all the better for us.

Oline gonna have to show up, Brees gonna have to show up, and for the love of god, will a receiver other than Thomas show up?

• Like 2

No superstition here, and I'll say last week, I made a point prediction (against my better judgement) and I failed miserably, so I'm not doing that again.

Last week, all 3 off the teams I give a rip about lost. Iowa, Iowa State, and the Saints. It was fun to watch LSU win, though.
This week, so far, Iowa beat #8 Minnesota - GO HAWKEYES!!!, Iowa State beat #19 Texas, now the Saints need to pull the trifecta!

Other than big nutz Lutz, nothing went our way last week. There was so much to improve on that I don't even know where to start. Perhaps we start with Payton not abandoning the run again. I know the Bucs D is stout against the run, but we have to stick with it! It has been working, and it opens up the pass. Gotta keep that defense honest.

That said, Tampa's secondary is garbage, so I know Payton/Brees will be tempted to pass 77% of the time.

Here's to a strong comeback, and a sweep of Tampa for the season.

I'd like to see:
Taysom Hill run for a TD, pass for a TD, and receive a TD.
I'd like to see us hold Tampa to 5 FG attempts, with only 3 or 4 of them made.
And I'd like to see a convincing win!

Just now, tyler735 said:

Glad to see Payton is going with a heavy dose of Kamara to start the game. Opens everything else up when the defense has to try and contain Kamara.

That's what made that touchdown possible. The defense was totally looking into the backfield.

• Like 1