Week 11 GDT: New Orleans Saints (7-2) vs. Tampa Bay Bucs: Pick yourself up off the mat

Canadian Saint

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I was more surprised at PJs performance at #2 than Apple at #1

you could have two Eli Apples at 1/2 and that’s still a damn good duo. PJ is a pretty significant drop off, but he played well yesterday.

And how about Marcus Williams getting to keep his INT without it being nullified by a penalty. He's at 4 for the season. Probably should be more like 7. He has 1/2 of our team totals at INTs. Bell, Lattimore, Vonn, and Damario Davis all have 1 each.

• Like 1

Kiko Alonso had a pretty good game. I could see him upsetting AJ Klein and then transitioning in to his position.
Klein's due $9mil next season, whereas Alonso's due $6.4mil, so I'm guessing Klein will be gone.

We have a lot of work to do this season and next. Our LB corps is aging, as is Cam Jordan.

We've got a younger secondary, so that's promising, and a fairly young offense. Just need some more hands on offense.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 11:57 AM, Dome said:

I was more surprised at PJs performance at #2 than Apple at #1

you could have two Eli Apples at 1/2 and that’s still a damn good duo. PJ is a pretty significant drop off, but he played well yesterday.

Typical PJ. Garbage, garbage, garbage, WHOA where'd that game come from?? He's turned the corner! Nevermind, that corner was a left hand turn on an oval track...

• Like 4

On 11/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, SWATcha said:

Which is great news for the Saints, as Easton will come cheap and they can let Peat walk.

We’ll see. Need a much larger sample size but it is definitely nice to have options other than Peat knowing that there is probably a 25% probability of him resigning next year. From what I understood, Easton’s deal is a four year deal but almost all of his guaranteed money is this season. So the Saints could cut him next year for a small cap hit.