If tua comes out for the draft

Kiwibrown

Which round would Tua be taken  

62 members have voted

1. 1. which round will Tua go

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Breaking your hip during a routine football tackle is just such a huge red flag to me.  High ankle sprains happen pretty regularly, you can look past that. But when's the last time you heard of someone breaking their hip playing football?  Ever?

He did not break his him he dislocated it.  And I did not know this but learned it today, apparently CJ Mosely dislocated his hip in the BCS title game in 2011 last game of the season, then he was named All American the next two seasons at Alabama and was a 1st round pick after fours years in college, injury happened the end of his SOPH year.  

So maybe this is no big deal long term and a team will get a flat out steal if Tua drops beyond the first three selections of the draft.  

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Many reports saying he broke part of the hip socket.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28108718/tua-tagovailoa-resting-successful-surgery-hip

I guess he have a posterior wall fracture on his hip, my bad.  But...

"Tua's prognosis is excellent, and we expect him to make a full recovery," Alabama orthopedic surgeon Dr. Lyle Cain said in a statement. "He will return to Tuscaloosa in the next several days to begin his rehab."

He broke his nose apparently in the fall also.  Still not sure this is something he can never come back from ever.  A broken bone is nothing compared to ligament damage and tendon issues I feel.  That hip will clearly have a tendency to come out early since he dislocated it already once but with the training they have now a days he could make a recovery hopefully.  

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 5:12 AM, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t think that you can take this injury in isolation. He’s going to have big medical red flags, not just for the hip but because he seems to collect injuries.

I agree, but also consider that Josh Rosen (who lacked the ceiling - which tends to be the universal balm were QB's are concerned - that Tua does; and this is coming from someone who before this injury felt like Tu'a had a good chance to get nitpick-dinged out of #1 overall by scouts when he was healthy) still went Top 10 despite legitimate concerns that "one more concussion (something you pretty much have to assume a QB's going to suffer over the span of his pro career) could be his last."  Till given reason to believe otherwise, I'll hedge on the side of NFL GM's to continue recent trends over deciding to establish new paradoxes that buck said trends.

I'll be honest, part of this is because I have little faith in Tom Telesco to effectively draft OL (or to trade up marginally if a target OL gets within reach to avoid someone else snatching said guy ahead of him... as has happened multiple times now), the Chargers are likely Tu'a floor is LA stays picking in the Top 13 picks.  They have Tyrod under contract for another season and would have the bridge in place - and Tyrod would get to play place-holding sacrificial lamb behind a sub-par OL for the second time in 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 7:08 AM, THE DUKE said:

I voted 2nd rd, but the more I think about it, back end of rd 1 makes more sense because of that 5th controllable year.  Could see a team at the top of rd 2 trade up to the 28-32 range to take him.

Unless there's significant concerns medically, he's still going in Round 1.  We're still a QB-driven league, and when was the last time we talked a potential top 10 pick as a QB slip out of the first round?  I think you'd have to go back to Jevan Snead.  Cincinnati seems poised to take Joe Burrow assuming they go QB, which seems likely.  The injury probably gets Miami to sit on not taking a QB at 3 (or wherever they pick) and end up going BPA whether it be Chase Young or someone else.  Denver at 5 seems the first team up for a QB.  The Chargers, Buccaneers, and Panthers figure to be in the mix for QBs this year.  And then you've got teams who could potentially take him as their QBOTF including Atlanta, Green Bay, or Minnesota.  There's enough QB needs around the league that he isn't slipping unless he's being removed from boards because of medical concerns.

On 11/28/2019 at 5:06 PM, CWood21 said:

Unless there's significant concerns medically, he's still going in Round 1.  We're still a QB-driven league, and when was the last time we talked a potential top 10 pick as a QB slip out of the first round?  I think you'd have to go back to Jevan Snead.  Cincinnati seems poised to take Joe Burrow assuming they go QB, which seems likely.  The injury probably gets Miami to sit on not taking a QB at 3 (or wherever they pick) and end up going BPA whether it be Chase Young or someone else.  Denver at 5 seems the first team up for a QB.  The Chargers, Buccaneers, and Panthers figure to be in the mix for QBs this year.  And then you've got teams who could potentially take him as their QBOTF including Atlanta, Green Bay, or Minnesota.  There's enough QB needs around the league that he isn't slipping unless he's being removed from boards because of medical concerns.

I think there are enough potential 1st round QBs that Tua has an outside shot of slipping out of the 1st, though as The Duke said a team will likely trade up from the 2nd to grab him at the back end of the 1st if he drops that far just because of the controllable 5th year.

Pre Injury he was a Top 4 Pick Lock and would go to Miami at the latest. 

I could see him falling to the 10-12 range now (although still wouldn’t be surprised at all if Miami picks him at 4 still). 

His potential suitors in that range are the Chargers, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Raiders, and Colts. 

Don’t be shocked at all if the Raiders make a move. They need a face for Vegas and Carr been atrocious past two games.