Allen Robinson’s next contract

pwny

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I should add, probably the biggest thing this actually changes...is likely Marqise Lee's next contract.  Probably helps ensure that it's unnecessarily lucrative for him, based on whatever shrapnel he manages to actually catch in the absence of ARob.

As long as he stays healthy, you’re probably right. Ideally he puts together an 800 yard season or something thereabouts, and the other receivers step up. A good 1,100 yards+ season from Hurnsy would be super good.

12 minutes ago, iPwn said:

As long as he stays healthy, you’re probably right. Ideally he puts together an 800 yard season or something thereabouts, and the other receivers step up. A good 1,100 yards+ season from Hurnsy would be super good.

Id like to see a 1000 yard season from mr Cole but thats unrealistic. Id say 500 since he probably is our 3rd wr. 

Just now, Its A Sabotage said:

some of the chatter prior to the season was you give each marqise and  arob the same deal and whichever accepts you trade the other if things go south

Marqise just doesn’t deserve that kind of money though. Healthy ARob is probably getting top 5 money. Lee hasn’t don’t anything to deserve more than top 20. And even that is only for inflation purposes. 

11 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Marqise just doesn’t deserve that kind of money though. Healthy ARob is probably getting top 5 money. Lee hasn’t don’t anything to deserve more than top 20. And even that is only for inflation purposes. 

you forget top picks that are 5* guys in high school have an infinity to get these types of deals. he may get overall less money than arob would have gotten due to inj history but he's still getting that robert woods deal

14 minutes ago, Its A Sabotage said:

you forget top picks that are 5* guys in high school have an infinity to get these types of deals. he may get overall less money than arob would have gotten due to inj history but he's still getting that robert woods deal

7mill/year like Woods got seems about right for an 800 yard receiver. 

I feel like ARob would get 12+/year. 

3 hours ago, Its A Sabotage said:

some of the chatter prior to the season was you give each marqise and  arob the same deal and whichever accepts you trade the other if things go south

Maybe Marqise really takes the reigns with ARob out, but at this current point in time I have no idea how anyone can think ARob and Lee are on even playing fields right now. Lee showed some really good things last year but I'll never forget the ARob of 2015 when the QB play was half way competent (may be another + for Lee, considering his first healthy year he had Bortles who was absolutely awful last year and still made some things happen).

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Cole might have 1000 yards in catchable balls but likely drops half of them

Come on now, he dropped like two balls in the preseason. They happened to be on potential big plays but lets not stake him to a post for it. Very young guy who showed pretty solid potential. Let's see what happens.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Come on now, he dropped like two balls in the preseason. They happened to be on potential big plays but lets not stake him to a post for it. Very young guy who showed pretty solid potential. Let's see what happens.

Pretty sure he’s had 4 drops since the big catch in preseason tho. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Pretty sure he’s had 4 drops since the big catch in preseason tho. 

I remember the endzone one with Henne, the go route where he was open along the sideline (likely would have been a 70-80 yard TD), and what else? This past week wasn't a drop, defender got his hand/helmet on it.

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

Yeah.  The "staying healthy" part is obviously always a questionmark with Lee, until he does it.  If he does stay mostly healthy though, the balls are going to have to go somewhere in the vacuum with ARob out.  We don't have a lot at TE that i'd expect to pick up a lot of volume.  So it's going to be primarily Hurns and Lee.  That means Lee is going to catch a lot more volume thrown his way than he would with a guy like ARob.  Which natural means he's going to pick up more yards than he would with a healthy ARob around him.  

It's the old..."someones gotta score" scenario - even on bad teams, someone's still gonna end up doing something.  Even on a team with a lackluster receiving core and QB right now...someone is going to be catching passes.

And this team seems uncomfortably eager to pay Marqise.  Which seems even more misguided considering the really viable "replacement" we have for him in DeDe - who is not a real replacement for ARob.

The smart play imo, even if Lee lights it up...is to let somebody else overpay him for a good year, while we lock up the real go-to guy of the WR corps in ARob, for pretty much whatever it takes.  Heck, maybe we'd even net a comp pick out of it - though i'm sure we'll also be "winning" FA next summer so that's probably unrealistic.  But that's what you see good teams doing.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Dropped another on Sunday too. Announcer said the DB hit it but it didn't look that way

7 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  The "staying healthy" part is obviously always a questionmark with Lee, until he does it.  If he does stay mostly healthy though, the balls are going to have to go somewhere in the vacuum with ARob out.  We don't have a lot at TE that i'd expect to pick up a lot of volume.  So it's going to be primarily Hurns and Lee.  That means Lee is going to catch a lot more volume thrown his way than he would with a guy like ARob.  Which natural means he's going to pick up more yards than he would with a healthy ARob around him.  

It's the old..."someones gotta score" scenario - even on bad teams, someone's still gonna end up doing something.  Even on a team with a lackluster receiving core and QB right now...someone is going to be catching passes.

And this team seems uncomfortably eager to pay Marqise.  Which seems even more misguided considering the really viable "replacement" we have for him in DeDe - who is not a real replacement for ARob.

The smart play imo, even if Lee lights it up...is to let somebody else overpay him for a good year, while we lock up the real go-to guy of the WR corps in ARob, for pretty much whatever it takes.  Heck, maybe we'd even net a comp pick out of it - though i'm sure we'll also be "winning" FA next summer so that's probably unrealistic.  But that's what you see good teams doing.

Yes to all of this. I think in a “normal” situation, Lee is a guy who can be an 800 yard third option for a team pretty consistently. Hurnsy is a guy I see as a 1,000 yard receiver consistently. And then ARob is the guy who can be a 1,200 yard guy consistently. (This all assuming all at 100% healthy, obviously. And then also not being the guy who catches passes just because someone has to). The guy who is supposed to do what Lee can do is on the roster in Dede, even if I’d prefer not to root for a team with him as a focal point. But there really isn’t one who can do what ARob’s role is. Hurns has some overlap, but it’s not quite the same.

Archived