Can we name every team's best player ever?

Hunter2_1

On 11/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Steve McNair, Eddie George, Keith Bulluck all have arguments if you're coutnimg just since they've been in TN. Chris Johnson and Albert Haynesworth probably had the highest of highs, but neither had the longevity.

Nobody has an argument other than Steve McNair.  He defined that era for the Titans.

He's easily the best player in franchise history (since they moved to Tennessee). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Why? Just go to your local HS Friday night lights. Better athletes now. 

Yes, players today are better than they were in the past but I submit if some of these players who dominated their era could be around today with the nutrition and physical training today's players get some of these players folks like you like to dismiss out of hand might surprise you.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

I've debated this with others - Earl isn't a Titan or a Texan. He's an Oiler, and he's now lost in discussions such as this. 

The Titans are part of the Oilers lineage, the Texans are not. He would therefor be apart of our franchise history.

Tennesseeoilersinauguralpatch.png

On 11/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

Jets - Revis? Maybe it's me, but I think it says something about the perpetual state of the franchise that I'm having a tough time thinking of a long-term NYJ player that was great. Namath is overrated IMO, so maybe Don Maynard? 

Hall of Famer Curtis Martin? Revis was better than him though and they actually played in NY for the same length of time.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

The Titans are part of the Oilers lineage, the Texans are not. He would therefor be apart of our franchise history.

He never played a single down in Tennessee. Claim him all you want, but his history happened in Houston.

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He never played a single down in Tennessee. Claim him all you want, but his history happened in Houston.

Right, but not as part of the Texans organization but as of the (now) Titans organization.

It's why the Titans are allowed to wear the Oiler throw backs and the Texans are not. We have every logical claim to him.

93075382.jpg.0.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Right, but not as part of the Texans organization but as of the (now) Titans organization.

It's why the Titans are allowed to wear the Oiler throw backs and the Texans are not. We have every logical claim to him.

93075382.jpg.0.jpg

I guess you do, but nobody who follows your franchise can actually talk about watching him first-hand. You're relying on highlight reels and second hand accounts to things us Houstonians saw happen live, and in living color.

So, if want to claim that - sure, I guess. We know who really experienced this up close and personal, and it wasn't a Titans fan.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:
16 hours ago, ET80 said:

I've debated this with others - Earl isn't a Titan or a Texan. He's an Oiler, and he's now lost in discussions such as this. 

I seriously dont care what logic/negotiated claim you have. There is no logical conclusion that takes Earl out of Texas. He was born here. He played his entire career from HS through the NFL here. Tennessee can go (buzz) themselves. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I guess you do, but nobody who follows your franchise can actually talk about watching him first-hand. You're relying on highlight reels and second hand accounts to things us Houstonians saw happen live, and in living color.

So, if want to claim that - sure, I guess. We know who really experienced this up close and personal, and it wasn't a Titans fan.

That's not true at all. There are many people who continued to be Oilers fans and then Titans fans when the franchise moved to Tennessee - some of which who even post on here.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I seriously dont care what logic/negotiated claim you have. There is no logical conclusion that takes Earl out of Texas. He was born here. He played his entire career from HS through the NFL here. Tennessee can go (buzz) themselves. 

He played for our organization, end of story. He has nothing to do with the Texans.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

That's not true at all. There are many people who continued to be Oilers fans and then Titans fans when the franchise moved to Tennessee - some of which who even post on here.

I would call that a very small minority at absolute best.

Still doesn't change that everything he did, he did in Houston.