Week 11 - Bears @ Rams

stl4life07

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I have zero emotion for the rest of the way. I don’t expect the rams to make it. But sure would be nice. Ugly ugly game. 

I think we have too many limitations this year. It would take a miracle. But I'm hoping we still pull out 9 or 10 wins.

The Rams have found the right side of their line. Edwards and Evans played their butt off against the Mack, Smith, Floyd. McVay finally got the message like I thought he would and thats run the ball. Gurley is the best offensive player on the field hands down. Give him the ball. Gurley looked good in 3rd quarter last week and didnt get a touch in the 4th quarter. McVay came into the game with a purpose and I hope it carries throughout the rest of the season. The Rams are going to have to be a running team that plays great defense. The Rams defense is great. Top 5 against the run. Top 6 against the pass. The last 5 games (20pts, 10pts, 10pts, 10pts, 7pts) have the Rams defense allowed. Im proud of this Rams team to come out with no Woods, two banged up tight ends toughing it out, and again two rookies in Edwards and Evans having their coming out party. People who are crying about the Rams finding quality OL prospects. Well how about Edwards and Evans? Again they were up against a great front seven and did a great job. Ramsey impact keeps looking better and better. Im pumped about next week to see if the Rams can slow down the Ravens offense. Ive already said the Rams will win next week. Right now with the Lions, Eagles, Panthers, Cards, and now Bears losing today, the Rams have some cushion in the 7th spot and they keep breathing down the Vikings and Seahawks for one of those two wildcard spots. Big win tonight. 

12 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Playoffs seem far fetched but if we get Cooks and Woods back next week that will definitely help. 

How is playoffs far-fetched? The Rams are 1.5 behind the Vikings. Even 2 games behind the Seahawks and we playing them again in LA in a few weeks. I expect the Vikings to lose a few more games because as they showed today, no game is a lock for them. The Seahawks certainly have been living on the edge with all their close wins. So the Rams are in great position but they have to handle their business in which we have the team that is capable of doing so. So I dont think the playoffs is far fetched. 

Also I dont mind the Rams playing the way they played. No Cooks, no Woods, two banged up tight ends and two rookies starting on the right side of the line. Ive always learned that its easier to run block than pass block. Those two rookies held their own tonight that allowed the Rams to run the ball effectively. Plus with this defense the Rams dont have to win shootouts like they did last season. Trust me, McVay wasnt playing it safe with Goff. He was just playing the hand he was dealt. You have the big and little joker (spades), in the defense and Gurley. Lets shutdown the opposing team offense, and run the ball with one of the best backs in the NFL. No need to throw 40x again especially without Cooks, Woods, two banged up tight ends, and two rookies on the right side of the line with a great front seven on the other side. 

Edited by stl4life07

Just now, stl4life07 said:

How is playoffs far-fetched? The Rams are 1.5 behind the Vikings. Even 2 games behind the Seahawks and we playing them again in LA in a few weeks. I expect the Vikings to lose a few more games because as they showed today, no game is a lock for them. The Seahawks certainly have been living on the edge with all their close wins. So the Rams are in great position but they have to handle their business in which we have the team that is capable of doing so. So I dont think the playoffs is far fetched. 

You are way more optimistic than me. We still have the following assuming we sweep Arizona which we can't assume:

Ravens, Seahawks, @49ers, and @Cowboys

I feel like we have to win 3/4 because I don't think 10-6 makes it. Unless we'd have the tiebreaker over Minny. Minny has a lead on us and an easier schedule. Either way, I haven't seen enough from this team to even think we are closing 4-2. 3-3 seems most likely.

If we beat Baltimore next week I will start to believe more but a loss there puts us close to needing to win out. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Also I dont mind the Rams playing the way they played. No Cooks, no Woods, two banged up tight ends and two rookies starting on the right side of the line. Ive always learned that its easier to run block than pass block. Those two rookies held their own tonight that allowed the Rams to run the ball effectively. Plus with this defense the Rams dont have to win shootouts like they did last season. Trust me, McVay wasnt playing it safe with Goff. He was just playing the hand he was dealt. You have the big and little joker (spades), in the defense and Gurley. Lets shutdown the opposing team offense, and run the ball with one of the best backs in the NFL. No need to throw 40x again especially without Cooks, Woods, two banged up tight ends, and two rookies on the right side of the line with a great front seven on the other side. 

Bro, he's being realistic. We have a tough schedule. We'd need Seattle or Minnesota to melt down. Unless you think we're going to finish 5-1. And I don't.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

You are way more optimistic than me. We still have the following assuming we sweep Arizona which we can't assume:

Ravens, Seahawks, @49ers, and @Cowboys

I feel like we have to win 3/4 because I don't think 10-6 makes it. Unless we'd have the tiebreaker over Minny. Minny has a lead on us and an easier schedule. Either way, I haven't seen enough from this team to even think we are closing 4-2. 3-3 seems most likely.

If we beat Baltimore next week I will start to believe more but a loss there puts us close to needing to win out. 

The thing is you are assuming the Rams cant beat those teams. The Cowboys arent scary. They are inconsistent. They lost to the Jets and was trailing today to a Driskel led Lions. The Niners played the Rams it was 7-7 at halftime with the Rams having some missed opportunities in the 1st half. And they played that game without Gurley. The Seahawks beat the Rams because Zeurlein missed a potential game-winning field goal. So like its not like the Rams cant win those games. Ill say the Rams are in better position this season than the Eagles was last season when they made their playoff run and of course the same narrative was the Eagles had little to no chance to make the playoffs because nobody thought they would go to LA and beat the Rams or even beat the Texans, except they did. Just like those Eagles, the Rams still have the talent as the reason why they went to the Superbowl the previous season. They just underachieved this season so far but make no mistake about it, the Rams are capable. I think 10-6 could make it. I have the Vikings losing to the Seahawks and Chargers (both on the road) and the Packers at home. So the Vikings will go (9-7). So I do think (10-6) could do it for the Rams. But lets just say the Vikings go (10-6) or better. What about the Seahawks? They have the Eagles, Panthers, and Rams (on the road) and Panther and Niners at home. Like thats a tough 5 games but the Rams obviously have to win their meeting for things to be interesting. So yeah like again its not far fetched just because the Rams dont have to jump alot of teams. They just need the Seahawks to lose one game (thats thinking the Rams beat them in LA) or need the Vikings to lose two games. If that happens and the Rams handle their business and get hot like the Eagles did last season and the Falcons did the season before last then I can see the Rams getting into the playoffs. If they do, I think they can be a dangerous team with the defense playing the way its playing and if Gurley gets going then the running game will travel too. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The thing is you are assuming the Rams cant beat those teams.

I do believe we CAN beat all those teams. But why should I believe that the Rams can pull off 6 straight games when we've been anything but consistent? We win 3 straight and get spanked by Tampa. We win 2 straight and have a bye to prepare for a bad Pittsburgh team and get beat. I'll be ecstatic to make the playoffs but at this point I'd consider it pretty shocking. 

Seeing the offensive line perform like this gives hope. Maybe Woods and Cooks come back next week and help. 

47 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I do believe we CAN beat all those teams. But why should I believe that the Rams can pull off 6 straight games when we've been anything but consistent? We win 3 straight and get spanked by Tampa. We win 2 straight and have a bye to prepare for a bad Pittsburgh team and get beat. I'll be ecstatic to make the playoffs but at this point I'd consider it pretty shocking. 

Seeing the offensive line perform like this gives hope. Maybe Woods and Cooks come back next week and help. 

I see what you are saying but as I said this is where we will see what this team is really made of. 

I wonder with Edwards and Evans playing great tonight will McVay keep them both in the lineup even when Havenstein get healthy enough to come back? I’d personally stick with them as long as they are playing well. 

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I have to stop myself from engaging in Goff trolls. 

Goff throws a bad interception and the pitchforks come out.

Goff wins the game in the 4th and it's crickets, or better yet, revisit the first bad interception. 

I've stopped and it's much healthier. 

It wasn't a great Goff game. I don't even know if I'd say good because the pick was awful in a game that we knew would be low scoring. 

But the last drive if you include the 51 yarder to Reynolds in your eval was as good as he's ever been. And it was to exclusively Reynolds and Everett while picking on Kyle Fuller. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I've stopped and it's much healthier. 

It wasn't a great Goff game. I don't even know if I'd say good because the pick was awful in a game that we knew would be low scoring. 

But the last drive if you include the 51 yarder to Reynolds in your eval was as good as he's ever been. And it was to exclusively Reynolds and Everett while picking on Kyle Fuller. 

It was one of Goff's better games this year even though the stats don't reflect it. However, the pick to Smith was BAD. The dropped pick by Fuller was a huge break for us and there were a few errant passes he just missed when having a clean pocket. A deep crossing route to Reynolds sticks out where he missed him completely. 

Keep the offense simple. Keep running the ball. Keep Goff under 30 pass attempts per game and play good defense. 

• Like 1