Week 11. Jets vs Native Americans

doumeyer

17 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Not a big analytics guy...for those of you who are, what are you thoughts about DVOA in comparison to Total Defense. Which ranking is more accurate? I see we are ranked 11th in DVOA before today. Somewhat impressive considering how crazy this season has been. I still feel good about Mosely and Williamson giving that defense a real shot in the arm next year even before we do anything else to improve the corners and pass rush. 

And PFF ranks us as the 3rd best D in the NFL

Pretty crazy

38 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah im going to need to know how they did the math there haha. i dont trust them nearly as much anymore.

+1. Their lack of tranparincy is an issue. Sometimes I feel like I watched a different game. I like Football Outsiders better. Their DVOA and QBR metrics aren’t perfect, but they’re transparent and limit any potential bias. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

That high 3rd rounder is looking nice.

Nathan shepherd is looking like a stud. 

Remember when people were calling out Jets fans for being happy we traded Leo? Suggesting he was underrated and we were going to miss him. Good times. It was a great trade for us. 

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I mean between Shep, Phillips, Q, and Fatukasi we are loaded up front.  That is an insanely talented front, just need 1 CB (assuming Austin is the real deal) and 1 pass rusher (opposite Jenkins) and we can focus the rest of our money and picks on the offense.

I like how we match up against OAK next week.  They use TE's and run the ball mainly.  We handle both spots pretty well with our front 7 and safeties.

Would you try and trade Henry Anderson? He’s set to make $9 mil which isn’t bad. But maybe we can allocate that money elsewhere. 

Looking ahead a bit. But we have a chance to win our next 3 games. If we do, huge if, that Thursday night game against the Ravens will be the most meaningful game we’ve played in a long time. Glad our team is showing progress despite being disseminated by injuries. 

24 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Looking ahead a bit. But we have a chance to win our next 3 games. If we do, huge if, that Thursday night game against the Ravens will be the most meaningful game we’ve played in a long time. Glad our team is showing progress despite being disseminated by injuries. 

Yeah. To be honest I just want to beat Oakland first. I dont even want to think about that Thursday night game for the fact that we always seem to get embarrassed in those games and they are just flat out better and its not even remotely close. Oakland on the other hand is a solid team whose weak defensively and it would be a really nice win for us. I think that win would kind of really validate us as progressing even if its just slightly. Would really start to get rid of all the negativity. Got to start building for next season.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah. To be honest I just want to beat Oakland first. I dont even want to think about that Thursday night game for the fact that we always seem to get embarrassed in those games and they are just flat out better and its not even remotely close. Oakland on the other hand is a solid team whose weak defensively and it would be a really nice win for us. I think that win would kind of really validate us as progressing even if its just slightly. Would really start to get rid of all the negativity. Got to start building for next season.

Oakland is a real test. They’re not overly talented but they’re not a push over. We’re home, they’re coming from the West Coast and it’s a 1pm game. These are games that we should win if we ever want to be a consistent contender(not this year but you get the point) can’t drop these, they’re rare.

9 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Would you try and trade Henry Anderson? He’s set to make $9 mil which isn’t bad. But maybe we can allocate that money elsewhere. 

I’ll answer for him: yes. He’s being used as an EDGE rusher and that won’t change anytime soon considering our interior depth. See if you can get someone to take on his contract and ask for a 7th in return. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I would.  He was on my list of tradeable assets at the deadline.  There will be a cheap vet out there for depth so yes I would dump Anderson but I doubt there's a market because he's overpaid.

Probably have to eat some dead money just like Tru this offseason.

Edit:. Just for context we'd have 7m of dead money if we cut him and save 1.3m.  compare that to 2021 when we would have no dead money and free all 9m.  It's likely gonna have to be a trade because he's worth more then 1.3 m.  If not he's just good depth for another year until we can walk away.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s bc our rush defense is 1st in the NFL I believe. We were 2 going into yesterday’s game and shut down the run. So I assume we might have gone to 1.

We are 1 in ypa at 3.0.  LAR is at 2 with 3.3

Our run defense is elite.  A healthy ILB core and adding 1 cb and 1 pass rusher and we are looking great for next year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I would.  He was on my list of tradeable assets at the deadline.  There will be a cheap vet out there for depth so yes I would dump Anderson but I doubt there's a market because he's overpaid.

Probably have to eat some dead money just like Tru this offseason.

Edit:. Just for context we'd have 7m of dead money if we cut him and save 1.3m.  compare that to 2021 when we would have no dead money and free all 9m.  It's likely gonna have to be a trade because he's worth more then 1.3 m.  If not he's just good depth for another year until we can walk away.

Or maybe we trade him to a team for another contract that’s similar for a guy in a similar situation. Sizable contract and no     longer a fit. Or for a late pick to a team with a massive amount of cap that won’t fill it. He’s a good football player but we definitely need a player like him at a position we have a massive surplus and a highly touted rookie.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Or maybe we trade him to a team for another contract that’s similar for a guy in a similar situation. Sizable contract and no     longer a fit. Or for a late pick to a team with a massive amount of cap that won’t fill it. He’s a good football player but we definitely need a player like him at a position we have a massive surplus and a highly touted rookie.

I like that idea too.  

Like I said when Avery went down, ILB is a easy position to fill. Jame Burgess has been making some plays, I liked what I saw from him in preseason idk why he wasn't on a roster. In his NFL career when given a chance he has been good at making tackles for loss. Hewitt has been good when he plays. 

Avery will probably be gone due to having too much money stuck at ILB and he can be cut with no dead money. 

We need the money to re-sign Jordan Jenkins and to address the other EDGE spot. 

• Like 1