GDT: Week 11 Bengals @ Raiders

TheVillain112

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Also, we're two games in and I've seen nothing that makes me think "Wow this Finley guy could be something special. We may have something here". Pretty meh all around.

i'm not saying it was the wrong decision, because it wasn't.  And i'm not saying that Finley couldn't still develop into something in this league, because he could.  

But man, he's been dreadful two games into this season.  This will get said a lot this week, but the Bengals could have won this game with Andy.

If he's like this for another two games, i'd throw Dolegala out there and see what happens.  We know he has the arm talent, but is likely deficient with his mental game.  Still might be worth seeing what they have there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Couple things:

- It's nice to see us play with some grit. We battled the entire day. Especially the defense. They made a lot of good stops when it mattered.

- Josh Tupou needs to be resigned. The man can play. He and Andrew Billings made some plays today.

- Sam Hubbard is the future Dunlap of this team. Above average, unspectacular foundation piece along the line. Does everything well. Smart player.

- Jackson III, Williams, and Bates are going to be solid pieces moving forward. I really like all three. Kirkpatrick needs to be replaced by someone new. 

- Hardy Nickerson is still bad.

- Carl Lawson is still good.

- The linebacking core is still a mess. 

- Auden Tate is great. Dude just makes plays. 

- Mixon and Bernard are both really good.

- Randy Bullock needs to be replaced this offseason. 

You forgot

- John Jerry is still bad

Otherwise i agree.  Got some good games out of a lot of guys, which is a positive thing moving forward.  They need that going into next year so they know who to build around.

14 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Just tried to turn the game on. Apparently. not enough interest in Columbus Ohio for the Bengals to not carry the eagles and Patriots.  Of course,  I might be the only person interested in watching this game anywhere  

For the second week in a row, the dayton CBS station went dark here.  maybe they are trying to save us from ourselves.

10 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

For the second week in a row, the dayton CBS station went dark here.  maybe they are trying to save us from ourselves.

Oh did they actually enforce the blackout?  It was supposed to be on in the Dayton/Cincinnati area.

https://506sports.com/

EDIT: wait, that makes no sense.  It was in Oakland.  Why wasn't it on?

44 minutes ago, theJ said:

This will get said a lot this week, but the Bengals could have won this game with Andy.

I think that's part of the reason he's been benched. Which is nice because it at least means there is potentially a plan in place to tank. I would still like to see them ride out Andy for the remainder of the year unless things get really bad and a mutiny forms in the locker room. 

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Oh did they actually enforce the blackout?  It was supposed to be on in the Dayton/Cincinnati area.

Blackout in both cities if the attendance doesn't meet the requirements.  But in Oakland, I'm guessing that wasn't the issue...

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Probably a contract squabble between the station and my cable provider.  It might have been out for the whole time and I never watched anything to know