Blessuan Austin

Abe56

I NEVER go by that PFF crap. They miss more times than get it right. All you need to know is watch the games and you can tell who does well and who does not do well. Ya stats don't say everything because some guys are space eaters and take on several lineman. You can see this by watching the game. I feel like PFF is just some guy in a room that just throws out numbers and you got people that follow this. It reminds me of the guy when you do your FF draft and he sticks right too the yahoo rankings. 

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Through 3 games, Bless Austin now has an 87.5 grade on PFF, which is just a hair under an "elite" grade. 

For comparisons sake, he would be 2nd in the NFL among CBs if he were eligible (200 snaps min)

I really, really hope the injury bug is behind him. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Abe56 said:

Let’s not forget Maulet has a 72. O grade and Canady a 66.4 (both above average) while Hairston, Johnson and Roberts are all about 52 which is below average. Even if you don’t like PFf, it’s pretty clear that these 3 (Austin, Maulet, and Austin) are playing better than our original starters.  Our defense is currently ranked 6th.  With a healthy Mosely Wilkerson and Cashman, it could be elite, despite not having a pass rusher. 

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not a good game from Austin

Not his best game but I think he battled and show improvement within the game.  Specifically, after his PI the next time tested deep he made sure to spot the ball and turn back.  Good adjustment and learning.  CB is a tough position and while I agree he had better games I think the was solid yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Guess the honeymoons over. He’s been brutal. 

Gotta love his IG post after the game though. He gets it, I still have high hopes. 

If you didn’t see it, the caption was “Unfortunately got welcomed to the NFL today. But guess what? Jets win.” 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Gotta love his IG post after the game though. He gets it, I still have high hopes. 

If you didn’t see it, the caption was “Unfortunately got welcomed to the NFL today. But guess what? Jets win.” 

Like that attitude. He battles. Just a tough stretch. He still looks like he could have decent upside especially for a 6th rounder.