The good, the bad, the 2 games above .500 vs. Bengals (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Yeah. That sucks. Gotta hope for buffalo to lose a couple. Anyone else going to the Jets game next week? 

That and we need to root for the Texans next weekend over the Colts (and take the South). If we finish with the same record as the Colts we're in obviously, so we need the Texans to win the division and not have to worry about them because of their head to head win against us. 

Edit - Or we could handle business next week, and then go into Arrowhead and leave with the division lead and finish the job down the stretch lol. 

Edited by Mr Raider

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Jordan has one sack where Finley was escaping the pocket and got caught from behind. Besides that I didn't notice a bunch. Swearinger was super active early vs. the run and had some good tackles. I saw a lot more Riley on the field as the game went on and they began passing more.

I just re-watched the Mullens game-sealing INT (good for him btw). Maxx bulldozed his assignment onto the QB's lap. However, Dion Jordan was lined up at DT and got in there just as quickly. He helped flushed Finley and gave chase. Wonder why we keep putting him at DT. He isn't the same kind of player as Cle. Maybe we just think very little of our ability to generate pressure inside?

I would have liked to see us look a little better coming out of a mini bye and playing the bengals. The good is a win is a win, is a win is a win. 

I know the bengals weakness is the rush defense but it felt like they knew we were really gonna try and key in on that, we should have tried to make the pass set up the run more. I’m glad we won obviously but this makes the jets game look like more of a challenge now. 

10 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I just re-watched the Mullens game-sealing INT (good for him btw). Maxx bulldozed his assignment onto the QB's lap. However, Dion Jordan was lined up at DT and got in there just as quickly. He helped flushed Finley and gave chase. Wonder why we keep putting him at DT. He isn't the same kind of player as Cle. Maybe we just think very little of our ability to generate pressure inside?

This is becoming more and more obvious. They've rotated Cle in at DT a lot this year. Jordan comes off the street and is being rotated in at DT on passing downs. They clearly are trying to generate pressure inside and not getting it from the DT's. DT will be taken early in the draft, you can almost count on that.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is becoming more and more obvious. They've rotated Cle in at DT a lot this year. Jordan comes off the street and is being rotated in at DT on passing downs. They clearly are trying to generate pressure inside and not getting it from the DT's. DT will be taken early in the draft, you can almost count on that.

Yeah the DTs have been pretty disappointing overall. Hurst hasn’t built on his rookie year PJ Hall has slowed down. The Raiders certainly need a Warren Sapp type to come in a deliver pressure up the middle.