28 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game?

• Jimmy G
    • Ross Dwelley
    • Deebo Samuel
    • Jimmie Ward
    • Arik Armstead
    • Deforest Buckner

So who gets the game ball? Tough decision this week, but I think I'm going with Jimmy G despite the two INTs. Made the clutch plays in the last drive and was pretty much moving our offense by himself after the first few tough drIves. No run game at all and we still ended up with over 400 yards. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Gotta give it to Deebo. Jimmy's ints were horrible and turned this game into a nail-biter. Passing yards total looks nice and he did throw the winning TD but I doubt we're even in that position if it weren't for him. Samuel came up huge on some key 3rd downs and showed his the potential. Him and Hurd in this offense is going to be fun to watch these next few years because their both basically RBs with the ball in their hands, after the catch.

• Like 2

I went with Jimmy, because we were forced to live or die with his arm, and we lived. Not the greatest day. This cards team is giving us problems (which makes me even more terrified of facing the ravens). I feel like Kyle should try to find ways to open up the running game through the passing game. We usually use the running game to misdirect the opponents to open up the passing game. We should try the opposite and see if we could get some good gains in the running game off of the pass. But anyway, Jimmy had to win the game with his arm, and he did. The INTs made it harder (and he deserves the blame for both of them), but when you're forced to pass 45 times, you're risking more bad decisions through the air then when you're throwing only 25 times and running the ball 40 times.

• Like 2

Yup, has to be Jimmy or Deebo. 

I'd give the edge to Jimmy, since he brought us back at the end.

Deebo had a great showing, but most of his work was what any decent WR should do. Regardless, I'm proud to have him step up, and random tip of the cap to Sanders playing hurt.

Dang near a coin flip for me between Jimmy and Deebo.  Ultimately, I went with Deebo.  It was starting to seem like Deebo would drop every pass thrown to him earlier in the seaons, but you can tell he has been working hard on that and it showed in this game.  So, in a coin flip scenario, progress wins out to me, I guess.  Credit given to Jimmy for not letting prior mistakes affect the rest of the game like it does a lot of quarterbacks, though.

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Deebo for me. Kid is a DOG out there and I LOVE the way he plays. Hes got the juice

I've never loved the cat / dog analogies, but it is crazy how apt it is for both he and pettis. like, they are great descriptors of what we see from their games. Deebo is a dog, Pettis is a cat. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I've never loved the cat / dog analogies, but it is crazy how apt it is for both he and pettis. like, they are great descriptors of what we see from their games. Deebo is a dog, Pettis is a cat. 

Well Pettis is obsessed with cats. Like he has a serious fetish for them so there you go. It explains alot actually when you think about it...

Edited by 757-NINER

21 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Well Pettis is obsessed with cats. Like he has a serious fetish for them so there you go. It explains alot actually when you think about it...

And DEEBO got his nickname because he literally shook down all of the kids for their lunch money when he was a child.

• Like 2