Is Marshall Newhouse the worst starting offensive lineman for us in the Brady/Belichick era?

Elky

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

he got picked off the street for a reason. He is pure garbage and it was a gross roster miscalculation even having to give him a roster spot.

I'm still in shock how awful he is. We've been spoiled from excellent line play for 20 years.

Edited by Elky

I remember the days of Nick Kaczur getting roasted on the old format of this website. Twas a simpler time. I think Nate Solder blows too but he at least managed to look decent here before leaving.

I'm sure there are some obscure spot starts other the years that those guys had to be immediately replaced because of how awful it turned out with them in the linup. Was Vlad Ducasse ever here for like a week? He was bad. There was the Devey guy who struggled. Ted Larsen at times played okay but also became notoriously bad for the Buccaneers and other teams around the league.

Trying to think because Newhouse started off not as bad as some of the series of snaps he's had of late. Marcus Cannon was brutal at times early in his career, to the point that I never saw him having the longevity he's been able to maintain here.

If we're looking at just a window of games where they played really bad, then some of these players named fit in with Marshall Newhouse.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Ryan Wendell, center/guard

*Probably doesn't belong in the conversation for the simple fact that he maintained a starting spot over the course of two seasons. However Wendell was frequently overpowered and lost was replaced by Bryan Stork quickly for a while before David Andrews took over. Ted Karras is doing his best and has improved a little so far but he isn't great either.

We need to cool the jets on the Wynn = miracle cure, by the way. Not accusing anyone, but there does seem to be that air of his return will flick a switch. He's played fewer games than we've won superbowls - we don't actually know HOW good he is yet. he's clearly a massive upgrade over Newhosed, but he's not some miracle worker that will enable us to be the 2014 Pats again or whatever. We still won't be able to run up middle, we aren't running off-tackle right either. cannon is also a liability at the moment. 

Looking forward to his return, but not expecting too much

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We need to cool the jets on the Wynn = miracle cure, by the way. Not accusing anyone, but there does seem to be that air of his return will flick a switch. He's played fewer games than we've won superbowls - we don't actually know HOW good he is yet. he's clearly a massive upgrade over Newhosed, but he's not some miracle worker that will enable us to be the 2014 Pats again or whatever. We still won't be able to run up middle, we aren't running off-tackle right either. cannon is also a liability at the moment. 

Looking forward to his return, but not expecting too much

if he can hold his block 1-2 seconds longer than Newhouse it already pushes us from a top 15 passing attack to a top 10 passing offense at least which is huge.