BDL 2019 Week 11 - Oklahoma City EF5s @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

SirA1

Oklahoma City EF5s @ Williamsport Soul Reavers  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oklahoma City EF5s
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2019 at 05:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 11

Match:  Oklahoma City EF5s @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Away Owner: @Whicker

Home Owner: @wwhickok

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Oklahoma City EF5s

QB: Kyle Allen

RB: Melvin Gordon

WR: Allen Robinson

WR: Emmanuel Sanders

WR: Robert Woods

TE: Mark Andrews

LT: David Bakhtiari

LG: Quinton Spain

C: Rodney Hudson

RG: Brandon Brooks

RT: Brian O'Neill

RB: Joe Mixon

RB: J.D. McKissic

RB: Frank Gore

WR: Michael Gallup

WR: Keelan Cole

TE: Luke Willson

OL: Morgan Moses

OL: Jon Feliciano

LEO: Von Miller

DE: Cameron Heyward

NT: Corey Peters

DE: Sheldon Richardson

OLB: Dont'a Hightower

ILB: Cory Littleton

CB: Tre'Davious White

CB: Marcus Peters

CB: Joe Haden

FS: Malik Hooker

SS: Adrian Amos

LEO: Ryan Kerrigan

NT: Steve McLendon

DL: Lawrence Guy

LB: Devon Kennard

LB: Quincy Williams

CB: Pierre Desir

CB: Michael Davis

S: Jordan Poyer

Williamsport Soul Reavers

QB: Dak Prescott
RB1: Chris Carson
WR1: Golden Tate
WR2: Calvin Ridley
Slot WR: Randall Cobb
TE: Dallas Goedert
LT: Charles Leno
LG: Austin Blythe
C: Mitch Morse
RG: John Miller
RT: Dion Dawkins

Reserve:
FB: Derek Watt
TE: Maxx Williams
TE: Jeff Heurmann
RB2: Derrick Henry
RB3: Tevin Coleman
RB4: James White
WR4: John Brown
OL: J.C Tretter

Defense:
(3-4 look)

LE: John Simon
NT: DJ Reader
RE: Michael Bennett
ROLB: Bud Dupree
ILB: Devin Bush
ILB: Hasson Reddick
LOLB: Brian Burns
CB1: Byron Jones
CB2: Steven Nelson
FS: Quandre Diggs
SS: Morgan Burnett

Reserves:
DE: Tyson Alualu
DT: Shyheim Tuttle
LB: Tarrel Basham
LB: Vince Williams
NCB: Cam Sutton
CB: Carlton Davis
S: Marquise Blair

Oklahoma City EF5s

Offense:

This week we're going to use a run based offense to grind down the defense of the Soul Reavers. We have the best center/guard duo in the league in Hudson/Brooks and we are going to take advantage of them against a light defensive front. Melvin Gordon and Joe Mixon will both get heavy touches as we will use them both in the power run game, screen game, and passing game including splitting them out wide. J.D. McKissic will also work as a gadget player.

Allen Robinson and Robert Woods will play outside with Emmanuel Sanders working the slot. If Sanders doesn't play, then Woods will play the slot with Michael Gallup lined up outside. We like our matchup with our slot receiver here and we will target them often in key situations as a way to keep the chains moving. Williamsport has also had Byron Jones play sides often, and we will try to keep Robinson away from him. We like Robinson's matchup against Steven Nelson. We will keep our route concepts relatively simple to accommodate Kyle Allen.

We will also utilize 2 RB sets with one RB split out wide. We will also utilize 2 TE sets both with Luke Willson and Morgan Moses as a 6th OL.

Defense:

Our defensive focus this week will be to shut down the running game from Williamsport. We will accomplish this with a bigger front that will control the line of scrimmage. Cameron Heyward, Corey Peters, and Sheldon Richardson will form a three man front with Steve McLendon and Lawrence Guy rotating in often.

Von Miller will switch off sides in this game with Dont'a Hightower playing opposite him and spying Dak Prescott. Cory Littleton will play inside linebacker, call the plays, and play the running back. Adrian Amos will play in the box and cover the TE.

Our secondary is playing very well and we are going to trust them in this game. Tre'Davious White will shadow Golden Tate. Marcus Peters will play outside and Joe Haden will play inside or out depending on where White goes. We have Pierre Desir and Michael Davis available for 4 WR and 5 WR sets.

Team: Williamsport Soul Reavers

Base Offensive Scheme: Erhardt-Perkins system, west coast WR concepts, RPO and zone blocking run game concepts

Core strengths: Mobile QB that is excellent in play action, RPO. Multiple RBs that can run both power and zone. Multiple WRs that excel in short to intermediate routes.

Strategy Against OKC : 

Offensive Gameplan

After multiple weeks of trying out numerous formations we feel like we have come up with a Formula that can work against OKC.

We are going to be using our 3WR sets, I formation, and 2 TE sets. I will use an occasional split back with both Carson and Henry to keep the defense guessing on which back to pursue.

2 TE and 3 WR will dominate this game, I am planning to use a lot of our rushing attack in this game with Carson and Henry. I will use Tevin Coleman as well, and also use him as a receiver in the flat to keep the defense guessing but for the most part its gonna be on my workhorses.

As a twist this week I'm going to use some RPOs and that will include a few Triple Option plays with Coleman and White out of the backfield in the same direction as a way to split defenders and force them to choose who to attack, ideally leaving either the QB free to run for one of the receiving backs wide open for the 'dump off' with running room.
I have been happy with the 3 WR starters that I have and the rotation I have them in so I am sticking with it.

I also have decided that I am going to show some extra aggression in this game and any time I'm on the opponents side of the 50 with 4th and short, we are going for it. We will use the running game to try to neutralize OKCs strong pass rush and my RBs are being told to keep 2 hands on the ball at all times.

In 3 WR sets I will respect the secondary but I wont be afraid of them. I will attack OKC with slants, levels, and comeback routes (not limited to these, all the normal routes will be made available).

Occasionally, when there is an opening we will send Ridley or John Brown deep. But we will attack the soft spots in the zone. If they play man to man with Haden, we are going to attack him with Tate out of the slot in those situations.

It's all about letting the Running game be the muscle and allowing Dak to find the holes in the defense.

DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN

Base Defensive Scheme: 3-4 front 7, Cover 2 Zone secondary

Core strengths: DL and LB are able to play the run and generate pressure both naturally and through blitzing. Linebackers also excel in zone coverage. 

Strategy against OKC:

With Matt Stafford likely out for this game, we are focusing on the fact that Kyle Allen is susceptible to throwing interceptions.

We are going to run a good mix of zone and Man coverage. Mostly Cover 2 and Cover 3 when in zone.

IF Adam Theilen doesnt play OKC has 2 capable WRs to step in for him. Itll be important to keep our secondary playing well.

Jones on Sanders
Nelson on Robinson
Sutton on Theilen if active, Woods if not
Carlton Davis on Gallup (or Woods) (in 4 WR sets)

IF any 5 WR sets are used by OKC I will bring Marquise Blair on the field and take all My 2 OLBs off.

Jones, Nelson, Sutton will be the CBs on the field in situations that require 3 CBs (nickel packages).

Bush will be responsible for the TE in coverage. I want my Safeties protecting against the deep ball.

The blitzing will come from the DL and OLBs. I plan to blitz early to try to rattle Allen. Overall I will blitz about 40% throughout the game. I will be running more base in this game on the Dline. I'll also use the 4-2-5 Defense, taking Burns off the field for the extra DB however I will not use this as a "box formation", instead I'll use this as a coverage formation, keeping my Safeties Deep. The reason I specify this is because it's common to move Safeties closer to the line in said formation. I dont want to do that. (Its essentially the nickel defense I'll use)

In Dime, Burns will leave the field. Donte Jackson will come on as the 4th CB.

Now, as far as the run is concerned itll be a combined effort and maintaining gap integrity. Neither Mixon or Gordon have been having a great year but we still gotta do our job and contain them to losses or at worst short gains and make OKC one dimensional.

** IF Jackson plays he will help 5 WR sets with priority over Blair

Edited by SirA1

I’m starting to really like this Williamsport offense. Their defense is light at the ends and I think OKC can take advantage of that. However they are studly at NT. And the C/G combo is great but it’s not enough to consistently win this matchup. Having your safeties playing for the deep ball against a run first attack isn’t going to help Williamsport. Williamsport behind Dak win a close one. 21-17

• Like 1

I've got some issues here I'm trying to work through with this game. 

OKC is determined to run the ball against a 'light' front. One I agree with, because generally 3-4 defensive lineman are 2 gapping, and John Simon (260 lbs) and Michael Bennett (270ish lbs) are both going to get eaten alive in the run game having to take on double teams to free up the LB's behind them. Also, as far as having LB's that excel in zone coverage for Williamsport.....who exactly is that? Yea Bush is a freak athlete, but from what I know he hasn't lit the world up in coverage, and Burns, Dupree and Reddick aren't exactly capable pass defenders either. 

You put tons and tons of effort into confusing and containing Kyle Allen when in reality OKC is planning on just smashing you in the mouth all game behind a good offensive line and a defensive line (aside from Reader) that isn't built to take up space like a typical 3-4 DL. 

People pointing out OKC's hurting WR's, but the WR coming in for Woods who is inactive this week is Michael Gallup and he's got more receiving yards than any of Williamsports WR's do this year. 

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I've got some issues here I'm trying to work through with this game. 

OKC is determined to run the ball against a 'light' front. One I agree with, because generally 3-4 defensive lineman are 2 gapping, and John Simon (260 lbs) and Michael Bennett (270ish lbs) are both going to get eaten alive in the run game having to take on double teams to free up the LB's behind them. Also, as far as having LB's that excel in zone coverage for Williamsport.....who exactly is that? Yea Bush is a freak athlete, but from what I know he hasn't lit the world up in coverage, and Burns, Dupree and Reddick aren't exactly capable pass defenders either. 

You put tons and tons of effort into confusing and containing Kyle Allen when in reality OKC is planning on just smashing you in the mouth all game behind a good offensive line and a defensive line (aside from Reader) that isn't built to take up space like a typical 3-4 DL. 

People pointing out OKC's hurting WR's, but the WR coming in for Woods who is inactive this week is Michael Gallup and he's got more receiving yards than any of Williamsports WR's do this year. 

So much wrong with this. Simon and Bennett already have been major contributors in a defense that runs both 3-4 and 4-3 with them as ends, not to mention that DJ Reader is having a great year.

The zone LB thing confuses me as I plan to run a lot of Nickel to keep the passing game in check, having said that apparently you havent watched Bush or Dupree this year. Dupree especially has been playing like a man possessed in both the run and pass.

When my LBs are on the field, a VERY weak RB that is Melvin Gordon and Joe Mixon are not going to so well against them. In fact since returning Gordon hasn't done much of anything and Mixon DIDN'T have much success against the Steelers, namely Devin Bush and Bud Dupree. Also, you mentioned Gallup like he is doing something special. He has barely 200 more yards and just as many TDs as Tate who has played 4 less games. He barely has more yards than Ridley and less TDs.

So let's not over exaggerate the situation and oh btw, Bennett also plays DE in Dallas' 3-4 Defense

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

, Bennett also plays DE in Dallas' 3-4 Defense

No, he doesn't. Dallas plays a 4-3. I can't imagine I'll convince you of that though.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Jlash, it's okay to admit that OKC is not the better team this week.

Not based on what I see and read, but again I can't imagine I'll convince you of that.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

No, he doesn't. Dallas plays a 4-3. I can't imagine I'll convince you of that though.

Not based on what I see and read, but again I can't imagine I'll convince you of that.

That's fine. You're right my team sucks.

Your right Dallas used to run a 3-4. I was mistaken. 

Edited by wwhickok

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Based on what? They have a terrible QB and neither one of their RBs have had relevant success all season. Magically that's gonna change just because they're playing WSR?

W/e.

I think Allen Robinson is better then Golden Tate...but both are held back by QB play.  Sanders is more reliable than Ridley right now.  Gallup and Cobb have both been inconsistent but both had very good weeks.  Andrews and Goedert have both been very good this year.  So while close, I think he edges out your weapons.  

As for his OL, he really has a very good OL with Spain being the weakest link.  But the right side of his OL has been very good and Bakh has been good(but admittedly not as good as past years).  Your OL has been solid overall, but nothing special.  

On D, I just trust his guys in the front 7 a bit more than I do yours to handle their business.  I also like his depth a bit more.

Those factors overcome the difference in QB where you do have the advantage.