SNF Week 11: Rams v. Bears

D82

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

He's not the worst. Fox couldn't even make the playoffs. Same with Trestman. Abe Gibron was awful. 

Nagy is in his 2nd season, and coming of a 12-4 division crown. 

Fox had a horrific starting position in terms of roster and morale. He wasn't great, especially his in game decisions, but I believe he built the locker room up to actually have some respect which bled into last season. Nagy is destroying that, along with the crap play calling.

You know, I get that the Hair Product And Well-Maintained Facial Stubble Triplets are all the current rage as far as being the biggest head coaching heartthrobs in the league, but Matt Nagy is actually a pretty good looking dude himself. Maybe a more mature, silver-fox situation going on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

You know, I get that the Hair Product And Well-Maintained Facial Stubble Triplets are all the current rage as far as being the biggest head coaching heartthrobs in the league, but Matt Nagy is actually a pretty good looking dude himself. Maybe a more mature, silver-fox situation going on.

Naggy looks like he gets physical. Mcvay just looks like a Spanish guitar playing in the BG type of guy. As he showers you with roses on the bed. 

36 minutes ago, base615 said:

All smoke and mirrors. Lots of trick plays last year. Defenses cottoned on to them this year and has zero ability to call a good basic offense.

Yeah, Nagy might be part of the problem, but Mitch's inability to hit the broadside of a barn is also a problem.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, Nagy might be part of the problem, but Mitch's inability to hit the broadside of a barn is also a problem.

We lead the league, by a long way, in drops this year and, in general, our WRs are struggling to get separation. Mitch is not absolved of any responsibility and doesn't throw well from the pocket but he plays very well when rolling out. He's 6th in passer rating when rolling out yet we're near the bottom of the league in attempts of that nature. That is play calling to be so rigid that you refuse to play to the QBs strengths.

Also, our running game is absolute pants but we've had good success on the odd occasion we've run out of the I formation with JP Holtz as the lead blocker. After the game where we did that and Montgomery got over 100 yard of rushing, Nagy was asked why we don't do that more and replied "I wasn't hired to run the I formation". He seriously said that. We've barely seen it since and we've not been able to run the ball again.

A few games back, we had Mitch throw 53 times while having 7 running attempts on Walter Payton day of all days. Afterwards, Nagy said "We've just got to find a way to run the ball". WTF? You called 7 run plays dude. Mitch is not the guy to pass 53 times when the D knows that's what you're going to do.

He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and refuses to accept any responsibility. I'm actually convinced he's sabotaging the team at this point.

Edited by base615
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, base615 said:

We lead the league, by a long way, in drops this year and, in general, our WRs are struggling to get separation. Mitch is not absolved of any responsibility and doesn't throw well from the pocket but he plays very well when rolling out. He's 6th in passer rating when rolling out yet we're near the bottom of the league in attempts of that nature. That is play calling to be so rigid that you refuse to play to the QBs strengths.

Also, our running game is absolute pants but we've had good success on the odd occasion we've run out of the I formation with JP Holtz as the lead blocker. After the game where we did that and Montgomery got over 100 yard of rushing, Nagy was asked why we don't do that more and replied "I wasn't hired to run the I formation". He seriously said that. We've barely seen it since and we've not been able to run the ball again.

A few games back, we had Mitch throw 53 times while having 7 running attempts on Walter Payton day of all days. Afterwards, Nagy said "We've just got to find a way to run the ball". WTF? You called 7 run plays dude. Mitch is not the guy to pass 53 times when the D knows that's what you're going to do.

He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and refuses to accept any responsibility. I'm actually convinced he's sabotaging the team at this point.

JP Holtz is awesome. He's the man.