Second favorite teams?

cconocool

Bears - I like the city, at least the north suburbs anyway.  I love all the tradition from the '85 team too, with Ditka, Sweetness, Fridge, etc.  Urlacher and Hester were also excellent under Lovie.

Cowboys - When I was a kid I used to love the glamour of the Cowboys.  Tony Dorsett was my favorite RB back in those days, and who doesn't love their cheerleaders?

Raiders - I used to dislike the Raiders and their cheating ways, but this new squad with Gruden and Mayock is very easy to cheer for.

Giants - Ok, I don't really care about the team that much, but the owner's daughter, Kate is spectacular!  Daniel Jones' early success has been a fun story too.

There's no team I call my second and third favorites, but...

Bears and Packers.

I love football. These two embody football, good football, like no other teams do. Great venues, great history, and great players. Favre was my favorite player in the league when he was a Packer. (Imagine how I felt when he became a Viking!) I really enjoyed watching Reggie White, Brian Urlacher, Ahman Green, LeRoy Butler, KGB, Mike Brown, and all of the Packers' recent receivers. I have also lived in Wisconsin before.

I get that their positives are our negatives, and there is a lot of bad blood between many of the fans, but all that is whatever to me. Not into the Romeo and Juliet type of gang-minded hatred. If the Vikings are in need of a Packers or Bears loss, then I'll root against them fervently, but that's about it.

The Steelers are also a team I loved to watch when they had such great defensive players in the 00's and Ben on O with Ward and Bettis. Sadly they look absolutely nothing like they use to, even if they're still average at worst.

Edited by Duluther

As much as I hate the Bears and Packers, once the Vikings are eliminated I root for the remaining NFC North teams. I want our division to win it all even if it isn’t us.

Outside of the Vikings I’ve always been a fan of players instead of teams. LT, Ochocinco, Calvin Johnson, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Jerry Ball, Dante Hall, Brian Urlacher, Mike Alstott, Olin Kreutz, Julius Peppers, John Lynch, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, Janikowski, Curtis Martin

Patriots: I've liked them since 1996.They exemplify professionalism, preparation, teamwork and consistency. They have the greatest HC/QB tandem in football history, and nine times out of ten they will find a way to beat you. They also have a gift for knocking off teams I dislike.

Bills: I feel for them. Also, they have the best uniforms in the league.

Titans: They were once the Oilers, who I really liked as a kid. I was disappointed that they moved, but I still like them in Tennessee. They were very exciting with Steve McNair and Eddie George. Too bad they didn't win Super Bowl XXXIV.

My 2nd favorite teams have always been AFC teams, just because I can't root for any other NFC team (NFC North teams especially).  However, it currently is the Chiefs, mostly because I've lived here in the area for most of my adult life and the Vikings and Chiefs have "so" much in common...but when I was a youngin', my 2nd favorite team was the Seahawks (who played in the AFC West at the time)...in the era of Krieg, Largent, the original "Curt" Warner, Kenny Easley, and our Mike Tice (who was a TE).  That, along with my love of Pearl Jam, played factors in me deciding to move to Seattle back at the turn of the century.  But, that like of the Seahawks lessened with Mike Holmgren and completely dissipated with Pete Carroll.  I don't absolutely despise them, but I don't really like them.

7 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Patriots: I've liked them since 1996.They exemplify professionalism, preparation, teamwork and consistency. They have the greatest HC/QB tandem in football history, and nine times out of ten they will find a way to beat you. They also have a gift for knocking off teams I dislike.

yeah, those guys.

i even liked them in the Bledsoe era.

That's one team I can't admit to either liking or hating.  I felt sad for Tony Eason in '85 having to go up against the Bears...and while I've respected Parcells and Belichick since then, I just don't care for their personalities, which makes it hard for me to feel anything for them.  

I can't say that I have a 2nd favorite team.  This year, I was pulling for Saints while Teddy was playing, but now I can't stand them again since he's gone to the bench.  I used to really root for the Oilers when they had Earl Campbell and were coached by Bum Phillips.  I appreciated the machine that was the Bill Walsh 49'ers, but I didn't really root for them.  I will always believe that the Patriots of this era are shady.  No team in the NFL can be that dominant in this era.