Colts, Texans, or Titans, best in the AFCS?

patriotsheatyan

Colts, Texans, or Titans, best in the AFCS?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Colts, Texans, or Titans, best in the AFCS?

• Colts
    • Texans
    • Titans

No love for Jax, I see. I'm good with that.

Actual team talent: 

1. Titans

2. Texans

3. Colts

Coaching ability:

1. Colts

2. Colts

3. Colts

Colts will probably win, simply because Frank Reich is CONSIDERABLY better than Bill O'Brien or Mike Vrabel. Titans have a very talented roster at majority of positions, but are a QB away (and Vrabel is a bad coach). Texans have the best QB of the bunch, best WR of the bunch and a few nice pieces, but the secondary and front seven are absolutely horrible against the pass (and O'Brien is a very bad coach). The Colts don't have any singular star at any position outside of Leonard and Nelson, but Frank Reich is simply great at getting the most out of his guys.

• Like 2

Are we including QB? Because Houston has such an insane advantage at QB. That's why to me it doesn't matter who wins the division, Houston will still beat the divisional winner in the Wildcard round.

Just team talent outside of QB definitely goes to the Colts though.

Edited by Nozizaki

On 11/18/2019 at 9:01 AM, ET80 said:

Actual team talent: 

1. Titans

2. Texans

3. Colts

Coaching ability:

1. Colts

2. Colts

3. Colts

Colts will probably win, simply because Frank Reich is CONSIDERABLY better than Bill O'Brien or Mike Vrabel. Titans have a very talented roster at majority of positions, but are a QB away (and Vrabel is a bad coach). Texans have the best QB of the bunch, best WR of the bunch and a few nice pieces, but the secondary and front seven are absolutely horrible against the pass (and O'Brien is a very bad coach). The Colts don't have any singular star at any position outside of Leonard and Nelson, but Frank Reich is simply great at getting the most out of his guys.

I pretty much agree with everything you said but do you not think TY is a star? He isn't top five but he might be the most consistent wr in the NFL not named Julio Jones. 

1 hour ago, seriously27 said:

I pretty much agree with everything you said but do you not think TY is a star? He isn't top five but he might be the most consistent wr in the NFL not named Julio Jones. 

I think when he's healthy, he's in the top 10 discussion. When he plays the Texans, he's in the top 3 discussion (maybe even #1).

It seems to me he misses a lot of time with small injuries. I'll admit he should be on the list of guys, as should Marlon Mack - both are top 2 in the division at their position at the very least. "Star" might be pushing it a bit, IMO - but that's semantics ultimately, those two are difference makers.

Actual team talent: 

1. Titans

2. Texans

3. Colts

Coaching ability:

1. Colts

2. Colts

3. Colts

I can agree with this sadly and I’m glad someone outside of Titans fans sees this. Talent isn’t an issue with the Titans. The OL is underperforming despite numerous 1st round picks, pro-bowlers, and all-pros on it. The WRs are definitely a good group. Not elite but it’s a group that in the right offense and with a good QB is probably in the top half of the league. Damn good RB. QB and coaching is what is what is killing them. The difference from a 9-7 team to a 11-12 win team is that side of the ball. Defensively, they’ve been a top 10 unit the past few seasons and the coaching on that side is completely fine. Tannehill has been better than Mariota no doubt and maybe he leads the team to a 10 win season this year(winning 5 of the last 6) but I still don’t trust him to be the guy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I can agree with this sadly and I’m glad someone outside of Titans fans sees this. Talent isn’t an issue with the Titans. The OL is underperforming despite numerous 1st round picks, pro-bowlers, and all-pros on it. The WRs are definitely a good group. Not elite but it’s a group that in the right offense and with a good QB is probably in the top half of the league. Damn good RB. QB and coaching is what is what is killing them. The difference from a 9-7 team to a 11-12 win team is that side of the ball. Defensively, they’ve been a top 10 unit the past few seasons and the coaching on that side is completely fine. Tannehill has been better than Mariota no doubt and maybe he leads the team to a 10 win season this year(winning 5 of the last 6) but I still don’t trust him to be the guy. 

Titans scare me the most. Jake Fromm + Eric Bienemey as HC means we're looking at a potential decade of Titans dominance.

That would make me physically ill.

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Titans scare me the most. Jake Fromm + Eric Bienemey as HC means we're looking at a potential decade of Titans dominance.

That would make me physically ill.

Da fuq? You serious? All the QBs you mentioned you could’ve mentioned and Fromm is the guy? As far as HC, Vrabel isn’t going anywhere. The whole offensive staff needs to be swept out the door. I’m not the biggest Vrabel fan but no way should he be fired as this point. Joe Brady is my dream as OC.

27 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Da fuq? You serious? All the QBs you mentioned you could’ve mentioned and Fromm is the guy? As far as HC, Vrabel isn’t going anywhere. The whole offensive staff needs to be swept out the door. I’m not the biggest Vrabel fan but no way should he be fired as this point. Joe Brady is my dream as OC.

I know not many people like Fromm. I'm not one of those people, I think he's gonna be a very good QB.

i'm torn on vrabel as a coach. he's made a few genuinely bad in-game decisions this year but many of the others have been a little bit overblown. several of them were actually the right move statistically, even if they didn't work out. frankly, the biggest issue i have with him is hiring arthur smith. even then, it's apparent that the offense was pretty hamstrung by mariota (even though smith is still not great). had we started tanny from the get-go (and the rumor is that's what the coaches wanted, although idk how much truth there is to that) this team is absolutely leading the division right now. i think we're gonna learn a lot about him in this tough stretch of games the titans have to close out the season.

• Like 2