How good is Carson Wentz

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

He used to be one of the biggest freaks of nature at the position but back and knee injuries age you.  If they’re out of it with 2-3 games left they shut him down and have him going into his first offseason healthy in three years.  

If you actually watch Carson, his escape ability and being able to move is back to his 2017 form. Injuries are not the problem right now. He is fully healthy, and looks great.

The problem is that he doesn't trust any of his WRs, and I don't blame him. He has no playmakers. They all drop the ball, and can't get an inch of separation to save their lives. He just holds on to the ball too long for WRs to become open, and has to eat it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

As someone who doesn’t catch every Eagles game:

- You say Wentz’ ability is still there, but is the decision making/vision? I don’t think he’s gotten a weaker arm or less mobile, anything talent related. But it does seem like he’s missing some things more than in 2017 or more than he should be. 

- What happened to Pederson? Was he “figured out” or do you think it has a bit to do with Reich? We were talking about him (and McVay) as the next big thing in the league, but I’m hearing a ton of criticism regarding his schemes. 

Pretty much what Matts said.

To elaborate a bit on Wentz, it's hard to gauge his vision without watching the all-22 every week, which I don't. I know early on in the season he was not taking easy check downs when he should, but that doesn't feel like much of a problem anymore. Biggest thing is just a mistrust in his WRs, which is on everybody. WRs for... not being good, coaches for not scheming guys open, and Wentz for being scared to throw at them. Sure, I'd rather Wentz just not throw to them than force it to them, that's how bad they've been, but ideally he'd still find them when they do manage to get open.. but I'm not sure that's happening and that is a problem, you cannot move the ball throwing to RBs and TEs no matter how good they are.

As it is now, the WRs need to be wide open, or desperation time, for Wentz to throw their way (besides J-Matt, J-Matt in his 1st week back got about 5 or 6 passes thrown his way and I'm not sure he was open on any of them. Wentz and JMatt are close friends and Wentz's 2016 security blanket, so clearly chemistry is an issue here.) The current group, they're not good WRs, but their production would probably suggest an all time bad receiving group at this point, and they're certainly not THAT bad.

Decision making is about to same, at least in regards to mistakes. Usually pretty smart w/ it but prone to a head scratching throw each game. 

2017 he had that momentum, confidence... whole team did, so I wouldn't say he is playing as well as he was in 2017, but abilities are the same. Could definitely be missing things he has no excuse to (more than he should), I wouldn't rule it out.

• Like 1

He should theoretically be a lot better than he's looked this year. Elite arm talent, good (not great, but good enough) pocket awareness, great mobility and typically makes good reads. The weird thing about him is that his accuracy runs very hot and cold. It's like he forgets how to throw with good mechanics for spurts, but then rights himself. 
He could be Mahomes or Trubisky on any given play.

33 minutes ago, Starless said:

He should theoretically be a lot better than he's looked this year. Elite arm talent, good (not great, but good enough) pocket awareness, great mobility and typically makes good reads. The weird thing about him is that his accuracy runs very hot and cold. It's like he forgets how to throw with good mechanics for spurts, but then rights himself. 
He could be Mahomes or Trubisky on any given play.

Image result for take it back gif

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Do you guys remember when there used to be a debate about who was better between Wentz and Dak?  Those were good times.  While Dak is going to break a ton of Romo’s Records this year, most Eagle fans are whining about not having Foles.  

The one positive coming out of Daks season thus far is the $35-40M a year contract the Jones's are going to TRY and convince He, his Agent and the Masses NOT to give him next offseason. It's almost Joe Flacco esq', only without the SB Ring! Probably going to be Kirk Cousins to death with Franchise Tags. 🍿🍿🍿

To think Jerry could of had him easily signed already for 26-28M pre Wentz and Goff. Ooooopppssss! Enjoy.

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

If you actually watch Carson, his escape ability and being able to move is back to his 2017 form. Injuries are not the problem right now. He is fully healthy, and looks great.

The problem is that he doesn't trust any of his WRs, and I don't blame him. He has no playmakers. They all drop the ball, and can't get an inch of separation to save their lives. He just holds on to the ball too long for WRs to become open, and has to eat it. 

True he still has some freak left...

wentz is top 5 QB ,  with brady going downhill the last two years , and breese river and big ben getting old .     WentZ can make any throw , he is just a little inconsistent. now i dont know if that is from all the dropped passes from his  wrbbbbbbbbbbnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

7 hours ago, coltstrong said:

wentz is top 5 QB ,  with brady going downhill the last two years , and breese river and big ben getting old .     WentZ can make any throw , he is just a little inconsistent. now i dont know if that is from all the dropped passes from his  wrbbbbbbbbbbnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Did you have a stroke? Do we need to send help?

7 hours ago, coltstrong said:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Did you not evade the rush?

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The one positive coming out of Daks season thus far is the $35-40M a year contract the Jones's are going to TRY and convince He, his Agent and the Masses NOT to give him next offseason. It's almost Joe Flacco esq', only without the SB Ring! Probably going to be Kirk Cousins to death with Franchise Tags. 🍿🍿🍿

To think Jerry could of had him easily signed already for 26-28M pre Wentz and Goff. Ooooopppssss! Enjoy.

Dak has already said publicly he doesnt feel he can ask for "superbowl winning money" (Wilson @ $35m/yr) until he wins a superbowl. So..... yeah...

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak has already said publicly he doesnt feel he can ask for "superbowl winning money" (Wilson @ $35m/yr) until he wins a superbowl. So..... yeah...

Ya, and good for Dak.

One of the biggest hosings I ever saw was Flacco winning the SB in his contract year. Ozzie don't make a lot of mistakes but giving Flacco the big $$Bucks really set that franchise back a bit. 

Then came The Lamar to bail them out.