How good is Carson Wentz

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, Danger said:

The only silver lining I can take right now is that Carson's lows aren't as bad as Dak's lows.

Dak isn't injury prone, is more clutch and his team doesn't hate him.  Sure, Rayne Dakota dances like Carlton Banks but at least he doesn't have gross acne and wear a stupid sleeve on his throwing arm.  That's not just low...but grody.   #firegarrett

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Dak isn't injury prone, is more clutch and his team doesn't hate him.  Sure, Rayne Dakota dances like Carlton Banks but at least he doesn't have gross acne and wear a stupid sleeve on his throwing arm.  That's not just low...but grody.   #firegarrett

You mean Orlando Scandrick doesn't hate Dak? (he probably does, hes a pathetic and bitter has-been Cowboy)

He was a replacement nothing for 3 weeks in Philly and gone. He is nothing. He is no one.

Feel free to name another Eagle that does not like Wentz

I don't like the sleeve but its nowhere near as gross as Zeke's belly shirts. He looks like he stepped out of the People of Walmart video.

Edited by SkippyX

51 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You mean Orlando Scandrick doesn't hate Dak? (he probably does, hes a pathetic and bitter has-been Cowboy)

He was a replacement nothing for 3 weeks in Philly and gone. He is nothing. He is no one.

Feel free to name another Eagle that does not like Wentz

I don't like the sleeve but its nowhere near as gross as Zeke's belly shirts. He looks like he stepped out of the People of Walmart video.

Scandrick hates everyone and everything...even water and sun.  And even then, I don't think he hates Carson more than his team.  Carson's neck boils are gross, he reeks of false confidence, the locker room knows this and has acted accordingly. Look at how the receivers drop his 2-yd bomb passes and his O-linemen let opposing Defensemen crash into him unabated?  That's respect? That's love? Not on any planet I've flown to. 

Listen...in my mind, Wentz is just a more wholesome version of Jay Cutler. Just as cocky as a Guatemalan Rooster but he lacks cigarettes, the razor-blade spurs and durability (outside of that 2009 playoff run...).  Plus, Dak could straight flat-line that ginger punk in any no-holds-barred match. Full stop.  Who wants a wimpy, milktoast QB like Carson who has to charter his first deer hunt at 20+ years old?   

Edited by ///mcompact

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Strong disagree. The offense and especially the line is very talented. This isn't like he's QB for the Bengals. 

I wouldn't mind those weapons for Wentz TBH. 

Boyd, Tate, Mixon even Gimpy John Ross. Then you have Mr. AJ Green when he decides to actually play Football. You know when he gets his contract ext, the teams not a lost cause (0-10), no reason to really play because teams in Tank Mode. That AJ Green.  Weapons are there.  OL, TE position yeah not so much!!

11 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Strong disagree. The offense and especially the line is very talented. This isn't like he's QB for the Bengals. 

It's not though. They don't have a running back. His receivers are constantly hurt. Jason Peters is old and battling injuries. Lane Johnson has missed time. Outside of Ertz and Goodert his weapons are lacking.

39 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

It's not though. They don't have a running back. His receivers are constantly hurt. Jason Peters is old and battling injuries. Lane Johnson has missed time. Outside of Ertz and Goodert his weapons are lacking.

They are averaging 122 rush yards a game. They don't have a star but Sanders and Howard are plenty capable. Lane Johnson played 100% of the snaps through the first 9 weeks. He's literally only missed a portion of 1 game. Kelce has played 100% of the snaps this year. Brandon Brooks is potentially going to be an All-Pro this year and played 100% of the snaps weeks 2-11. Peters has missed time but been on the field the majority of the time. They are replacing him with a 1st rounder. Can't say I ever keyed in much on him so maybe Dillard has been rough when he's been in for spot duty.

Ertz is a top 5 TE. Goedert is a really strong #2. Jeffrey has played most of the games this year. I just count 3 games that he missed. 

The only player of note that has missed time is Jackson. This team was supposed to be a Super Bowl contender. So they supposedly had enough talent in the preseason. If just losing Jackson derails the entire offense then they should have never been Super Bowl contenders. 

8 hours ago, Duff said:

Overrated. They should have kept Foles and traded Went for a couple first round picks. Foles won them a SB. I don't see how you trade a SB winning QB away. 

Lol yeah because he is tearing it up in Jacksonville. 

Foles will never be a franchise QB. He won the SB with a good team that go hot at the right time and made a run, but he is injury prone and is just average. 

Listen, the WRs are horrible, the O-Line can't protect him with Lane Johnson being out and Sunday Brooks as well. The coaches aren't helping him, and he has no running game since Howard has been injured. 

But at the end of the day, Wentz has to get some of the blame as well. I can't just blindly defend him, because he hasn't been good, especially the last 2 weeks. He has lost trust in his abilities and others, and his mechanics have been awful. He is trying to do too much and want's to win the game with every throw, and he just doesn't trust anybody around him.