MNF - WK 11: LONDON CHARGERS v. MEXICO CITY CHIEFS

Small Town Values

12 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Why are the fields so ****ty in Mexico?

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

The NFL said this field was in great condition lol

I admit I did not watch this game. So if these comments and news reports this morning are to be believed - this is the second year in a row that Mexico City cannot produce an NFL quality field that the players can safely play on.

That means there can be only ONE reason that the greedy owners feel the need to move a home game of one of our NFL teams. This is OUR home grown game. The league is the N-F-L aka NATIONAL Football League, not the IFL. Do you really think that international teams coming here would stand for a soccer pitch that was in similar condition?

At least London ponied up the money to provide safe playing conditions at New White Hart Lane Stadium, Twickenham, and Wembley.

Owners out for for nothing more than a blatant cash grab.

I find the chatter in the media about the field quite humorous. It wasn't really that bad. 

We've seen significantly worse field conditions in Chicago where the entire field is torn up, in Oakland where you are playing on a sewage flooded baseball diamond, or slush fields in Pittsburgh. 

Im starting to think people just forget what its like to watch a contact sport played on real grass. lol

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I find the chatter in the media about the field quite humorous. It wasn't really that bad. 

We've seen significantly worse field conditions in Chicago where the entire field is torn up, in Oakland where you are playing on a sewage flooded baseball diamond, or slush fields in Pittsburgh. 

Im starting to think people just forget what its like to watch a contact sport played on real grass. lol

Look at that awful Redskins field lol