Dwayne Haskins talks to Oline During Game - Doesn't get Great Response

MKnight82

Take this for what you will.  I'm sure Haskins was frustrated, and he's not saying anything bad here, just saying "what do I need to do to help you?".  But he certainly doesn't get a great response from the Oline players, and they were probably irked a rookie QB was breaking into their conversation on the bench.  He's basically calling out their playing mid game.  I don't know whether this shows leadership in some way or if the vets will just get irritated by him.  

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah on one end it's like, okay he's taking charge, but maybe not the way he should of. I'm not sure tbh. We'll just have to see. 

I think the reality is you have a group of vets that already know the season is lost and are just cruising, then you have this young kid coming in his 2nd start and they are just way apart on where they are as far as enthusiasm.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

This says more about the O-Line to me then Dwayne. No one has an urgency there, no one is playing for their jobs even though it's a 1-9 team. At least it seems like Dwayne cares, that's better than probably 40 people on the 53 man roster

Yep. This looks much worse in the guys that have been getting everybody killed back there. And Moses talking trash to the Junkies is just hilarious. I’d cut that dude and be done with it. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. This looks much worse in the guys that have been getting everybody killed back there. And Moses talking trash to the Junkies is just hilarious. I’d cut that dude and be done with it. 

Replacing two starting OTs in one offseason would be very difficult.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Take this for what you will.  I'm sure Haskins was frustrated, and he's not saying anything bad here, just saying "what do I need to do to help you?".  But he certainly doesn't get a great response from the Oline players, and they were probably irked a rookie QB was breaking into their conversation on the bench.  He's basically calling out their playing mid game.  I don't know whether this shows leadership in some way or if the vets will just get irritated by him.  

These Bum *** 300 plus pound Grow Men better lose the ******* attitude and do thier Job. Haskins didn't do anything wrong, He asked how he could Help, That's IT! BECAUSE he's a rookie he's not suppose to ask? 

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

This says more about the O-Line to me then Dwayne. No one has an urgency there, no one is playing for their jobs even though it's a 1-9 team. At least it seems like Dwayne cares, that's better than probably 40 people on the 53 man roster

Who legitimately would be playing for their job?  

Donald Penn - Journyman at this point. Probably winding down his career and doesn't care if he comes back next season.

Ereck Flowers - Maybe the only guy actually playing for a job? After being a bust at LT for the Giants, he's probably looking to re-invent himself as a decent guard. Ironically, he's probably the one that has suffered the most from Trent Williams being out.

Chase Roullier - Has played decently, despite poor coaching and worse set up from the rest of the team. He's back next year at less than a mil, so I don't know what he really has to play for. 

Brandon Scherff - Pretty much a lock for a monster deal at this point. 

Morgan Moses - Already being (over)paid. Nothing to be urgent about. 

If I never see Scherff or Moses in a Redskins uniform again after this year, I’m cool with it. Maybe he wasn’t saying the right things, and maybe they think he should already be able to do the things he’s struggling with — but if your approach is to just stiff-arm the rookie QB when he comes to you in an attempt to show some fire and leadership, then you’re not for the team. And I’m not for you.

I would franchise and trade Scherff and just flat-out cut Moses. Give me two 2nds for Trent and Scherff, in addition to our early 3rd and (eventually) multiple 4ths, and we’re starting to build up the pick assets to rebuild the OL on the fly. Perhaps a 3rd for Kerrigan as well.

The loyalty I feel toward the long-term players on this team is disintegrating by the day. Yes, the team is poorly managed. Maybe it’s not their fault that they’ve become accustomed to losing. But they have, and I’m pretty much done with them. It’s time to build around the young guys (Haskins, Guice, McLaurin, maybe Roullier on offense, Bama boys and Greek/Dunbar/Sweat on defense). These guys are infected with the toxicity of this organization, and I don’t know that any new coach/GM would be able to cure that. Not in time for them to be useful compatriots for the young guys who need a positive environment to develop in right now, at least.

• Like 4

Here's the actual video of Morgan Moses response, he didn't say anything negative about Haskins and even said he expects him to have a great future.  It sounds like Moses is more hinting at how its hard to stay focused with the circus going on around them.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

These Bum *** 300 plus pound Grow Men better lose the ******* attitude and do thier Job. Haskins didn't do anything wrong, He asked how he could Help, That's IT! BECAUSE he's a rookie he's not suppose to ask? 

I agree with you. Just stop the swearing, please.