Dwayne Haskins talks to Oline During Game - Doesn't get Great Response

MKnight82

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I never said he was good but the declarations after two games is kinda silly. If he sucks next season then I totally get moving on but give the guy a chance. The whole “he’ll never be able to do this or that” is kinda crazy. 

Really leaves us between the rock and the other spot-- cause this is the year , the draft-- to get the Q B .. We could win 4 -5 games in 2020 and the elite Q Bs will be gone in the 2021 draft.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Really leaves us between the rock and the other spot-- cause this is the year , the draft-- to get the Q B .. We could win 4 -5 games in 2020 and the elite Q Bs will be gone in the 2021 draft.

Trevor Lawrence will be in next years draft. If Haskins sucks we’re going to be real bad so we should be in line to draft him. 

• Like 1

Time to play the ole Play Index Game again. Here are the numbers from some familiar QBs’ second starts:

Eli Manning: 6/21, 148 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 16.9 rating

Matt Ryan: 13/33, 158 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 29.6 rating

Steve Young: 8/17, 53 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 29.8 rating

Alex Smith: 8/16, 92 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 41.7 rating

Matt Hasselbeck: 9/24, 62 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 45.8 rating

Joe Flacco: 13/19, 129 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 47.8 rating

Peyton Manning: 21/33, 188 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 51.1 rating

Donovan McNabb: 19/36, 155 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 51.3 rating

Matthew Stafford: 18/30, 152 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 56.5 rating

Lamar Jackson: 14/25, 178 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 58.4 rating

Tom Brady: 12/24, 86 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 58.7 rating

Cam Newton: 28/46, 432 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 72.0 rating

Sam Darnold: 25/41, 334 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 74.6 rating

Daniel Jones: 23/31, 225 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 78.0 rating

Point being, rookie QBs are typically not good. Haskins is in a worse situation than most rookie QBs, with less experience to prepare him for the role. For the most part, the only guys who play well right out of the gate are the ones who got to sit for a long time, the ones who are superior athletes that can be competitive simply because of their sheer athleticism/physical talents, or the ones who have a great team around them. 

None of those is Haskins. And admittedly, it’s been even rockier than expected with him, I think. But it takes a while to develop a great NFL pocket passer, especially when you’re trying to grow them in an unhealthy environment. Many of the best QBs in history struggled mightily early on. They worked through it — I think we ought to give this guy a chance to do the same. 

• Like 2

I believe like that his lack of playing time will limit his progression. If you believe he has the goods, it will take longer as opposed to a four year starter in college. 

He definitely has the talent but my biggest worry is how coachable he is and as I said before in other posts is his attitude towards being a team guy. I guess I want someone with high character. IMHO you need that if you’re the leader of the team. 

14 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I believe like that his lack of playing time will limit his progression. If you believe he has the goods, it will take longer as opposed to a four year starter in college. 

He definitely has the talent but my biggest worry is how coachable he is and as I said before in other posts is his attitude towards being a team guy. I guess I want someone with high character. IMHO you need that if you’re the leader of the team. 

Has anyone on the team said he’s not a high character guy?

I haven’t heard that once said about Haskins. Not this year or the previous two years when he was at Ohio State.

And, are we really going to blame Haskins for being frustrated with Jay Gruden when it was clear that Jay was more interested  in getting Keenum ready for the season than to work with Haskins and develop him for the future.

Jay basically ignored Haskins, then reporters report that Haskins isn’t ready and all this stuff, but that’s bc Jay had no interest in getting Haskins ready to ply this year.

I mean, that’s as clear as day!