Thoughts Going Forward

dll2000

This season is so difficult to gage and plan around.  

So many players are playing under their talent.  I am thinking of Cohen, Miller, ALL of the O line especially Daniels, Roquan Smith at times, Jackson at times, Burton, Shaheen, and Mitch Trubisky.  Even Mack is massively underperforming by his standards.

Now that is not to say Burton, Shaheen  and Trubisky are good, but like others on list they have shown they can be better than they have been this season. Some of others have been great and have stunk this year.

So what do you do? Who is just having a bad year and who will continue to stink beyond this season? Who do you give a big contract?

I think even our kicker is very talented and playing bad  

Its been like a perfect storm of crap.  With a handful of guys playing well one week and non existent the next   With some just consistory awful. 

If you make wrong decisions Bears could be bottom feeders for next 4-5 years.  Who do you keep? How much do you pay?

That being said I think there is talent on roster.  Top end talent.  There is a reason we were excited for this season. It’s just not playing like it as a whole. 

I think one thing is clear we cannot win without Oline playing magnitudes better and we cannot win with this QB. 

I think the QB is a lost cause. I think Daniels is playing like garbage in 2019, but is still Uber talented. I worry about the position changes ruining him. I think a Whitehair is not a center.  I think our tackles are over achievers and their talent level may be catching up with them. 

I think we need a new line coach and a new QB  at very least. I don’t think Pace or Nagy will be fires for 2020 despite some people wanting that. 

Beyond that at this point I am not sure what Bears need to do or can do to turn this around.  We may be in for a bad stretch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

So many players are playing under their talent.  I am thinking of Cohen, Miller, ALL of the O line especially Daniels, Roquan Smith at times, Jackson at times, Burton, Shaheen, and Mitch Trubisky.  Even Mack is massively underperforming by his standards.

Now that is not to say Burton, Shaheen  and Trubisky are good, but like others on list they have shown they can be better than they have been this season. Some of others have been great and have stunk this year.

So what do you do? Who is just having a bad year and who will continue to stink beyond this season? Who do you give a big contract?

Its been like a perfect storm of crap.  With a handful of guys playing well one week and non existent the next   With some just consistory awful. 

If you make wrong decisions Bears could be bottom feeders for next 4-5 years.  Who do you keep? How much do you pay?

That being said I think there is talent on roster.  Top end talent.  There is a reason we were excited for this season. It’s just not playing like it as a whole. 

I think one thing is clear we cannot win without Oline playing magnitudes better and we cannot win with this QB. 

I think the QB is a lost cause. I think Daniels is playing like garbage in 2019, but is still Uber talented. I worry about the position changes ruining him. I think a Whitehair is not a center.  I think our tackles are over achievers and their talent level may be catching up with them. 

I think we need a new line coach and a new QB  at very least. I don’t think Pace or Nagy will be fires for 2020 despite some people wanting that. 

Beyond that at this point I am not sure what Bears need to do or can do to turn this around.  We may be in for a bad stretch. 

I don’t think Pace or Nagy will be fired for 2020 despite them deserving it. 

Fixed it.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

For awhile I was 100% in the "sign/trade for a decent QB and try to win in the next year or two with this still-good defense." It makes sense. Last night showed that the D is still capable.

Consequently, I am so sick and tired of the good D/bad O nonsense. I've been dealing it for my entire life. It sucks. Give me a 40-35 loss over a 17-7 loss any day. 

So, I've bolded the last part for one reason: I hope they go 1-15 next year and draft Lawrence or Fields.

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

For awhile I was 100% in the "sign/trade for a decent QB and try to win in the next year or two with this still-good defense." It makes sense. Last night showed that the D is still capable.

Consequently, I am so sick and tired of the good D/bad O nonsense. I've been dealing it for my entire life. It sucks. Give me a 40-35 loss over a 17-7 loss any day. 

So, I've bolded the last part for one reason: I hope they go 1-15 next year and draft Lawrence or Fields.

Does everyone get fired in this scenario?

If so I can live with it.

To me MT was disappointing, but I knew that was a distinct possibility.

The crushing disappointing of 2019 has been the O line play.  This has been just beyond awful for their talent level.  I have seen worse Bears O lines, but none that under achieved like the 2019 group. 

-The season is over. It was a pathetic excuse for a season and the Bears 100 went off how it should. Great defense, pathetic offense and a losing record, nothing is more Bears. George McCaskey should be proud.

-If you are still defending Ryan Pace you pretty much have to be related to him. His hand picked QB sucks, his hand picked coach sucks, he cannot find a kicker or a TE, and many of his recent picks are struggling. This is unwatchable garbage and it all goes back to him.

-Matt Nagy looks like a fraud. Swaggy Nagy is dead. His team is unprepared, undisciplined, we have seen regression at most positions, and on top of it all his play calling is ***.

-Mitch sucks. Even when he has some flashes and drives he goes right back to the back foot throws and throwing non-competitive passes on 3rd down. Nagy gave up on him last night. It is over.

-Taylor Gabriel can be benched now. He is having a miserable season and is dropping a ton of passes. Add that to the fact that he is 4' tall and I am not sure why we continue to force this to work. Him stopping on the deep route is just ridiculous, that is why you are on the field.

-Anthony Miller can hit the bench as well. He is a mental case and a moron and I would rather see what a normal and stable human in Riley Ridley can do in the slot.

-Play Javon Wims more.

-Trey Burton cashed in and checked out. Horrendous signing for Pace guaranteeing the 3rd year of the deal for a guy who has "mysterious injuries", which is code for I don't want to play, but I want the money.

-The Bears need at TE is so desperate it is pathetic. The Bears have spent a 2nd round pick and 32 million in guaranteed money to have nothing at TE under Ryan Pace.

-Bobbie Massie got paid and is having a terrible season. Dude is on the ground more than an 18 month old baby.

-Calling Charles Leno overpaid is about as nice as I can be.

-The entire OL as a unit is a disappointment and part of that has to come back to the legendary Harry Heistand, who should also be fired. The softness of his line, the weak and lazy run blocking technique. The inability to pick up a stunt or a blitz, the disastrous Whitehair and Daniels switch. This unit has been mismanaged over and over again.

-Tarik Cohen continues to look a little better every week.

-David Montgomery should buy the OL plane tickets this offseason. 1 way anywhere but Chicago.

-This unit is just cover in poor execution and effort. WRs and QBs not being on the same page, guys quitting on routes, soft play on the OL. Poorly coached is to kind for this unit.

• Like 1

-Leonard Floyd had a really good game. Super active and flying around.

-Roquan Smith looked like a star, which is huge, because if he isn't a star we have a GM that has never drafted a Pro Bowl player with 4 top 10 picks.

-Kwik was solid, but they did not pass which plays into what he wants to do.

-The Rams ran the ball early because the Bears did not have enough big personnel on the field when they did they stopped the run.

-Khalil Mack gets paid 24/season to impact the game, not for us to talk about how he is double teamed.

-Eddie Jackson was better, but still gave a lame goal line tackle attempt. I need to see more from him consistently, not getting burnt by Cooper Kupp.

-Kyle Fuller was pressing late in the game trying to generate a big play and score. I cannot blame him for that based on the pathetic Bears offense.

-The Bears miss Akiem Hicks, his replacements are not bad, but none of them can over power and get off the block like Hicks. They are block holders.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

In Biggs' article today, he said that Clay Matthews said postgame that they had trouble getting into a rhythm because "it was so easy to get off the field."

Clay Matthews is a dink. Never fails to throw low blows at the Bears organization. This team was driving on them well in the 1st half so I'm not buying this.

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

In Biggs' article today, he said that Clay Matthews said postgame that they had trouble getting into a rhythm because "it was so easy to get off the field."

Matthews is a damn idiot. Bears had almost 33 minutes of time of possession and 74 plays of offense. lol