Does McLaurin Break 1,000 Receiving Yards?

MKnight82

He currently has 566 yards in 9 starts (he missed one game due to injury), for an average of around 63 yards per game played.  With 6 games remaining, if he continues at the same rate that would be another 377 yards, or 943 yards in total.  So he would need a big game or two to get over the hump.  Its worth noting that he was averaging 77 yards per game under Gruden, but has dropped to 52 yards per game under Callahan.  He's had 39 & 69 yards in Haskins two starts.  

So does he get there?  

I think he gets over 900, but not 1,000. As Lavar said, Callahan runs the ball too much and with Haskins being the QB now, he’s not as experienced as Keenum was so that will hurt the passing game the final 6 games some too as it has in Haskins first two starts. So, a combination of those two things keeps McLaurin from getting 1,000 yards IMO.

I’m guessing 350 more yards receiving and 2 TDs over the last 6 games for 916 yards and 7 TDs on the season.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This dude is ridiculous. He’s made multiple pro-bowl CB’s look foolish throughout the season  

Really remarkable how polished he is at such a young age. 

I read a quote by Keenum the other day saying that McLaurin has really good “body language” coming out of his breaks, in order to let the QB know exactly where he’s going to be. And you can really see that in the clips, he’s very decisive and very definitive about where he’s going. None of this wishy-washy route-running like you get with guys like Quinn or even occasionally Jordan Reed, where they’re not comfortable or decisive about exactly where they want to get to. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Woz said:

Only needs 167 yards in the last two games.

I think he actually does it! And, he has a chance at 10 TDs too, although that’s more of a long shot.

Do you think he has a shot at offensive rookie of the year?

I think he has a good shot at that too!

Edited by turtle28

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think he actually does it! And, he has a chance at 10 TDs too, although that’s more of a long shot.

Me too. All he needs is a couple long passes like today.

Do you think he has a shot at offensive rookie of the year?

I think he has a good shot at that too!

Unless a Redskins player is far and away the best choice, we will never get these accolades.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Scary Terry is just 8 yards away from breaking Gary Clark’s Redskins rookie record for receiving yards and just 81 yards away from 1,000.

I think he gets a thousand. We will be playing from behind and Keenum likes to sling it. (Even if most are overthrows) lol

• Like 1