Early returns for the 2019 Raiders Rookie Class

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Dude, guys aren't getting moved inside to get other players on the field. That's a ridiculous argument. He was getting moved inside because he was failing to deliver pressure outside. It should have helped him generate pressure against slower guards inside, but he couldn't do that either. 

This is a bad argument, Goldfish. We've seen that happen for years. Remember the Giants and their NASCAR package? They moved Justin Tuck inside. Michael Bennett was an absolute force earlier in his career when Seattle would slide him inside on passing downs. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We'll have to wait and see how it does in future years. It'll hinge on how people like Ferrell and Abrams pan out. Otherwise, you're looking at very good to great HB (expected out of a first round HB), a potential steal in the mid-rounds at DE (assuming Crosby remains a quality starter), and a bunch of guys who are role players.

Mullen has also looked good in limited time. His contribution or lack thereof will be crucial to determining what this class turns into.

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

I immediately question this list without his inclusion of Bosa there, unless he just wasn't including him. 

He was too high to include I think.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

This is a bad argument, Goldfish. We've seen that happen for years. Remember the Giants and their NASCAR package? They moved Justin Tuck inside. Michael Bennett was an absolute force earlier in his career when Seattle would slide him inside on passing downs. 

Yep, it's player dependent. 

• Like 1

Yes Mullen is one guy people need to consider. He was pretty average to start the year but the past 4 games or so he’s been pretty good. Especially the past 2 games. He looks like he belongs as a starter. 

Rookie Corners are impossible to judge though. We’ll find out next year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No it's the same point. His argument was that Ferrell's production was being hampered by getting moved inside. I'm saying they are sliding him inside to try and increase his production. But he's not been producing there either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We'll have to wait and see how it does in future years. It'll hinge on how people like Ferrell and Abrams pan out. Otherwise, you're looking at very good to great HB (expected out of a first round HB), a potential steal in the mid-rounds at DE (assuming Crosby remains a quality starter), and a bunch of guys who are role players.

I don't think we have to wait and see anymore. at this point you are paying a guy pennies and producing the same production if not better than someone who you let walk for a big contract. Not only that, but you received so much compensation that already makes you the clear winner in the trade. 

20 minutes ago, DBoiFresh24 said:

I don't think we have to wait and see anymore. at this point you are paying a guy pennies and producing the same production if not better than someone who you let walk for a big contract. Not only that, but you received so much compensation that already makes you the clear winner in the trade. 

I think we do need to wait and see before deciding how good the Raiders' 2019 class is.

34 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

No it's the same point. His argument was that Ferrell's production was being hampered by getting moved inside. I'm saying they are sliding him inside to try and increase his production. But he's not been producing there either. 

Gotcha. I thought you were saying that teams don't move good players inside, not that he wasn't performing inside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

But that's verifiably not true. Show me one place where that's been said. It simply isn't the case. Our DC has literally refuted your point. But do you.

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

What I find comical is how many people were getting on to  the Raiders for their reaches. When in reality...they were only reaches because nobody had the handy Mayock draft guide in front of them. Lol

Yeah I’ve seen this made quite a few times. I really think Ferrell would of been in his Top 10.

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

What I find comical is how many people were getting on to  the Raiders for their reaches. When in reality...they were only reaches because nobody had the handy Mayock draft guide in front of them. Lol

IIRC, Ferrell was mocked to Ravens at 22 more than any other player. From the lens of that "rank", what I saw did not make me very excited about him as a prospect worth the 22nd pick.

Josh Jacobs wasn't a reach at the time. I wanted Hollywood or him at 22. 

Edited by wackywabbit