Week #12 GDT Steelers 5-5 vs. Bengals 0-10

Steeler Hitman

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm glad they reduced Pouncey's. I don't think he deserved 3. 

it's ok as long as they let Finney stay at C after anyways;) Maybe pouncey will play better after the suspension, I don't expect it though.

1 hour ago, kurgan said:

The article on SteelersDepot mentions that some of the guys might be miced up and that the league would have this information already.

This confirms that he is an idiot.  To make that allegation, you would have to have some type of backing, and the guys would have already mentioned it.  For someone to get in his ear and convince him to use this tactic is just sickening.  YOu would have to know that the league would have evidence that this did NOT happen.

Just deplorable...

he might have been advised by his legal team to say this, we will never know and the notion . Maybe the nfl will have microphones on everyone now to see who is saying bad things out there.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurgan said:

The article on SteelersDepot mentions that some of the guys might be miced up and that the league would have this information already.

This confirms that he is an idiot.  To make that allegation, you would have to have some type of backing, and the guys would have already mentioned it.  For someone to get in his ear and convince him to use this tactic is just sickening.  YOu would have to know that the league would have evidence that this did NOT happen.

Just deplorable...

He also would have said that right away.  He would not have waited until an appeal. His actions discredit the legitimacy of real claims. There is enough tension, hate, politics, and disgreements in the world already. Don't bring it to a football game. Leave that crap somewhere else. I also think Mason handled this situation well by moving on from it and not even dignifying it with an answer. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

He also would have said that right away.

This is a very important point.  In my experience, players will tell coaches immediately when things happen on the field.  I had a kid (I coach high school football) get a 15 for throwing a punch during a game 6 or 7 years ago.  I asked him what he was thinking, and he told me that the kid called him a fat pig.  I was shocked that it took so little to make him do that, but also how honest he was.  The point is... Garrett would have been saying this to coaches and teammates from the jump.  Not at his appeal hearing.

That is... if he trusts his coaches and teammates that is....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kurgan said:

This is a very important point.  In my experience, players will tell coaches immediately when things happen on the field.  I had a kid (I coach high school football) get a 15 for throwing a punch during a game 6 or 7 years ago.  I asked him what he was thinking, and he told me that the kid called him a fat pig.  I was shocked that it took so little to make him do that, but also how honest he was.  The point is... Garrett would have been saying this to coaches and teammates from the jump.  Not at his appeal hearing.

That is... if he trusts his coaches and teammates that is....

Football is a team game and it is a brotherhood/fraternity whatever you want to call it.  When someone name calls, talks about family, race, religion, or whatever it goes from competitive to PERSONAL.  We stay away from that stuff on this forum because it brings out emotions, feelings, etc.... We can get pretty personal and caught in our feelings when someone disagrees with us about a Steeler, player, issue or perspective.9_9:D

Let us not forget: THIS IS A GAME!  This isn't war! You are not defending the honor of your wife, protecting your children or anything that is PERSONAL. When you go there (family, race, character, etc.) it can become personal especially when you are competing.  I remember Rod Woodson and Carl Pickens of the Bengals going at it because Pickens started making reference to Rod or his children being bi-racial. He mocked Rod with  (Jungle Fever theme song/movie reference if I recall). Pickens crossed the line and Rod tried to light him up!!! IMMEDIATELY!!!!   Afterwards, he even went to former Bengals Coach David Shula and told him to brig Carl out of the locker room so he could finish it. To this day, Rod still says that he will light Carl up!  He made reference to this when he was on the NFL Network a few years ago.  There's no place for that, but it does happen sometimes.

• Like 1

I can understand rotating Barron and Williams to an extent due to their limitations...however while Vince struggles in coverage and space, Barron just plain sucks.

Bush should be on the field at least 90% of the defensive snaps save for an occasional breather...you used 3 premium picks on him. This team seems to have gone all in for next few years anyways...better to learn right now in lost season rather than next year.

24 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Imagine being this stupid. Dumbest coordinators in the league

why not just keep the best player out there doing what they do best. But reconsider, being from the LeBeau tree,  drop your best pass rushers into coverage on obvious passing downs9_9

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

@3rivers...the Steelers aren’t benching Pouncey unless he gets hurt...cmon.

I know he hasn’t played welll but he just signed an extension and has pretty damn good over his career...settle down.

he has been terrible this year, and this is what they are playing now.  It's a wakeup call to him if they let him sit a few games, but it won't happen.

3 hours ago, Livewire said:

Imagine being this stupid. Dumbest coordinators in the league

How about you just put the best players out there. Bush was in the running for RDPOY. But hey, trying to confuse opposing QBs is the better play. I can see the QBs now...."OMG! VW is in for Bush. What are they trying to do to me!". Ridiculous. 

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

How about you just put the best players out there. Bush was in the running for RDPOY. But hey, trying to confuse opposing QBs is the better play. I can see the QBs now...."OMG! VW is in for Bush. What are they trying to do to me!". Ridiculous. 

Yeah, I am having a hard time understanding that logic.

Someone smarter than me needs to help me understand why giving Bush the green dot is so troubling. Isn't that portion of the deal just relaying from the sideline? Relaying the call really isn't that difficult. I would think that  all communication after that point could be handled by a collection of players, not just one with a special sticker on his head. 

I just have a hard time thinking what Barron brings to the table vs Bush wearing the green dot is that big of a gap in understanding and relaying of a message. And no where near worth the gap between ones talent to the other.