Raiders sign LB Preston Brown; Dwayne Harris to IR

RaidersAreOne

Harris will probably never play another down for the Raiders. Will always be remembered for that TD against the Broncos.

Was expecting Preston to sign once the Bengals let him go. Just made the most sense cause of the fit. Hopefully he takes Morrow snaps. Morrow is so athletic, but misses so many tackles and can’t have that when ur a bad defense. 

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Harris will probably never play another down for the Raiders. Will always be remembered for that TD against the Broncos.

Was expecting Preston to sign once the Bengals let him go. Just made the most sense cause of the fit. Hopefully he takes Morrow snaps. Morrow is so athletic, but misses so many tackles and can’t have that when ur a bad defense. 

Preston Brown can’t cover anything. He’d be a downgrade from Morrow.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

More chasing from the LB core. But I guess Marshall wanted no part again.

It's safe to assume Marshall is done. As for Brown, he's probably not any worse than Compton and i don't think he'll play a huge role. Goal line stuff.

Brown is good against the run, slow and can't cover the pass. So likely being brought in to shore up the middle on run downs and subbed out in Nickel packages for Morrow.

If the Raider used every pick in the 2020 draft on LB I honestly wouldn't hate it. Worst unit by a wide margin. Not 1 decent starter in the group.

• Like 1

I'm so ready for Lee to come back. Idk what to expect from him but Morrow and Whitehead aren't cutting it. Morrow needs to take a seat and watch imo. He has the ability to be better, and I like his aggressiveness but it is biting us right now.  Not saying he shouldn't get reps but sometimes he kills us and some time to reflect and watch tape and focus on angles could do him some good. Maybe Brown can help him in that regard. No clue on Whitehead since emerged as a leader. I'd like to move on after this year but it seems unlikely

• Like 1