Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

On 11/19/2019 at 12:23 PM, Split the Sticks said:

Hedge Betting. When your team is the favorite but you really fear a loss, you bet the opponent.

Example: Pats host Cowboys and this game makes me nervous. If I bet Pats and they lose, I'll be double-tic'd. The way I may get around it is, take the points.
Now, if pats obliterate the Boys, I'm happy to pay the small sum. If the Boys upset the Pats, at least I get some beer $$ so I can cry!
And if the Pats win by 3-4 points, I get BOTH! What a bargain.

Note: Never Hedge bet when your team is underdog.

Absolutely.

It's like the Browns being 7 point underdogs and you betting them...and then they lose by 10. Then, you're double whammied and angry.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I would take the Rams +3.5, i think they beat us outright. Winning 7 in a row in the NFL is just too hard to do. Sprinkle the money line

To me, the hard part is, I could see that happening from a W/L standpoint, but I could also see the Rams win on a last second field goal 24 to 21, 30 to 28, etc. Then, your team loses AND you're out on the bet. That extra .5 is a killer. If it were 3, I may take it...3.5 is just one of those that doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

To me, the hard part is, I could see that happening from a W/L standpoint, but I could also see the Rams win on a last second field goal 24 to 21, 30 to 28, etc. Then, your team loses AND you're out on the bet. That extra .5 is a killer. If it were 3, I may take it...3.5 is just one of those that doesn't sit well with me.

only take the football number. that .5 is a disgraceful 

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah that's a great point

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Absolutely.

It's like the Browns being 7 point underdogs and you betting them...and then they lose by 10. Then, you're double whammied and angry.

Yup. 

Here's some good examples for folks in here who tend toward hedging, if they are so inclined.

Texans fans, take Indi +3.5
Eagles fans, take Seahawks +2.5 
Titians fans, take Jax +3 
Pats fans, take Cowboys +6.5
9ers fans, take Packers +3  * my favorite

oh, and just wager enough to give you a bunch of beer money for you and your buds if your team loses  lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

FYI, rain is in the forecast for Seattle at Philly.  Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are historically bad playing in the rain. If rain is certain, I'd recommend taking Philly. Make take some prop bets on Russell struggling (TO, INT, Pick 6 etc)

Gotta wait until closer to gameday before you do all that. Forecast this far out doesn't mean much. If I was a Hawks bettor, I'd be more worried about the Eagles D that has risen from the dead since Week 8. 

Not sure why yall aren't trying to hammer the Ravens line. They are a much better team than the Rams.

Rams will probably be without Robert Woods again. Goff has struggled mightly and we know the Ravens Pass D is running on all cylinders now. The Ravens run D is solid especially with Brandon Williams in. They had that one hiccup, but I don't see that happening again.

On the flipside, the Rams really haven't had to play any QB as good as Lamar outside of Wilson and they lost that game. The Seahawks D isn't nearly as good as the Ravens D and we've already seen that. I don't think this game is particularly close.

3 hours ago, indifference said:

i really LOVE Ravens -3, SEA +2 and -3 OAK.

Just dont see the jets defense stopping the pass and their offense doesnt really score much.

Raiders historically play poorly on the east coast and they tend to play down to competition like we saw last week. I'm taking the Jets and the points in this one. The Jets run D is pretty good and that limits something that the Raiders do well with Jacobs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indifference said:

i really LOVE Ravens -3, SEA +2 and -3 OAK.

Just dont see the jets defense stopping the pass and their offense doesnt really score much.

I'm thinking the opposite on the Jets tbh, the Raiders don't really have the firepower to blow anyone out as we've seen even in their W's this season, and the Jets have looked way more competent as of late. Jets +3 with the Raiders coming east for a 1pm game is easy money to me. 

• Like 2