Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Here are a few other props I did: 

Will the game be tied at any point after 0-0? Yes -125

Will the game be tied at halftime? Yes +800. felt like good value at +800

Ehhh if it’s a FG involved, it could constantly be one point game with score changes. I’d avoid both these props personally. 

On 19/11/2019 at 5:23 PM, Split the Sticks said:

Hedge Betting. When your team is the favorite but you really fear a loss, you bet the opponent.

Example: Pats host Cowboys and this game makes me nervous. If I bet Pats and they lose, I'll be double-tic'd. The way I may get around it is, take the points.
Now, if pats obliterate the Boys, I'm happy to pay the small sum. If the Boys upset the Pats, at least I get some beer $$ so I can cry!
And if the Pats win by 3-4 points, I get BOTH! What a bargain.

Note: Never Hedge bet when your team is underdog.

A hedge bet is coverng your losses, so no matter what happens you end up with your money back.

Tough to pull off, like a 3 way trade.

You are just talking about taking the edge off.

Final Bets for Super Bowl Sunday:

$140 on 49ers ML +100 to win $140. 

$75 on Mahomes Over 0.5 INT +116 to win $87. 

$50 Will mention Jimmy was on Patriots +110 to win $55. 

$50 on 49ers +6 1/2  -195 to win $26. 

Three Team Parlay: $150 on 49ers ML +105, Mirsad Bektic -135 (UFC), and Jon Jones -465 (UFC) to win $501. 

Have a few UFC Straight Up Bets in case the 49er lose. 

Edited by BayRaider

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Side note - how do guys like this have a job.   SMH.

Anyways:

SF ML +100

Bosa/Ford for MVP are too good to pass up odds-wise.

I don't believe he thinks BOTH things will happen. He's simply hedging his bet to hit one or the other. If SF wins, it will be a a low scoring (Under 54) and an impressive defense performance by SF (Bosa). I actually like the play as a semi- hedge.

I have KC in all my parlays but put 50$ on Bosa for MVP to win $1750. Bosa could put up a Von Miller like performance with 3 sacks and a FF for MVP.

43 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I don't believe he thinks BOTH things will happen. He's simply hedging his bet to hit one or the other. If SF wins, it will be a a low scoring (Under 54) and an impressive defense performance by SF (Bosa). I actually like the play as a semi- hedge.

I have KC in all my parlays but put 50$ on Bosa for MVP to win $1750. Bosa could put up a Von Miller like performance with 3 sacks and a FF for MVP.

Here's the problem, though - most viewers aren't going to make that distinction.     That's the problem with that type of call.  

I have a Bosa MVP bet as well for similar Bosa $, and less for Ford & Warner given their odds.   I also think KC-SF is too tight to call safely, but that type of board isn't coming with the context you're suggesting. 

Anyways, back to the parley world - to mix in hoops, NO +5 and DEN -2.5 make for fantastic add-ons IMO.    Both are set way too far to their opponent.   

Edited by Broncofan

5 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Feel like you gotta bet over on National Anthem

Is that because of the plus money? I feel like when it's so blatant for one side that Vegas knows it's not actually going to cash so they try and encourage you to bet on it 

Don't bet on the payout for something like that, bet the ticket that is going to cash