Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

If it's anything like AAF opening, I lean towards the dogs with the points and the unders. No unders have come up yet on Bovada though.

Yeah the only thing I can find is Seattle Dragons (+7) at DC Defenders, Los Angeles Wildcats (+5.5) at Houston Roughnecks, Tampa Bay Vipers (-2.5) at New York Guardians, and St. Louis BattleHawks (+7.5)  at Dallas Renegades. Then championship futures, so no O/U. I like the Dragons ATS, and Vipers ML seem like the only two plays there I like. Might just throw $10 on every game since I'm up this week and to have some rooting interest, but don't want to just blindly throw big money around something I have no idea about. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If it's anything like AAF opening, I lean towards the dogs with the points and the unders. No unders have come up yet on Bovada though.

I generally agree with the Dogs strategy. Gotta see what the unders start out as. Teams are carrying more DBs and WR's than normal NFL teams leading me to believe it will be a trackmeet. Also, I expect tackling to be poor.

Anyone bet NBA in this thread?

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Betting on the XFL with literally zero idea about how these teams will perform is Grade-A degenerate behaviour. I love it.

Our fantasy league commissioner used to bet on the WNBA. I always figured that was a sign of a problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Our fantasy league commissioner used to bet on the WNBA. I always figured that was a sign of a problem.

My wife caught me betting on Japanese baseball once because I was trying to get back in the black that night. It did not go well. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Usually wait till the playoffs. Right now just have a championship futures on Milwaukee.

I use this website for informational purpose (NOT A BETTING SITE) https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/trends/ats_trends/

It is updated daily and provids team records ATS and O/U along with a drop down for variable (Away Favorite, Home Underdog, Rest Advantage, Following a Loss, etc)

I use it and match the scenario to the night match ups. Throw 5-10$ per game and parlay all of them for $hits n Giggles. Usually don't hit the parlay, but more often then not I end up in the positive. 

Tonight I like OKC -12.5, Boston -9.5, Suns +2.5 and Under, Miami ML, and Utah -8.5

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Haha, at least with the WNBA it’s existed for a while, so you can get comfortable with who teams are, track trends, and have some semblance of an idea on who to bet on.

We literally know nothing about these XFL teams aside from their roster. I will be sprinkling based on the ex-NFL QBs I recognize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I use this website for informational purpose (NOT A BETTING SITE) https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/trends/ats_trends/

It is updated daily and provids team records ATS and O/U along with a drop down for variable (Away Favorite, Home Underdog, Rest Advantage, Following a Loss, etc)

I use it and match the scenario to the night match ups. Throw 5-10$ per game and parlay all of them for $hits n Giggles. Usually don't hit the parlay, but more often then not I end up in the positive. 

Tonight I like OKC -12.5, Boston -9.5, Suns +2.5 and Under, Miami ML, and Utah -8.5

Does this take into account players missing games due to injury?

iHeartMedia and VSiN will be partnering with the XFL to do betcasts of their games. As part of the league's effort to embrace rather than deny the reality of sports betting, experts will cover the action "through a wagering lens." So for those who are compelled to bet on a totally unknown league this weekend ... there are people out there just as crazy as you are, and they're here to help. ^_^

Betting lines, championship odds and discussion thereof can also be found on the XFL board.

Edited by y*so*blu

21 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Betting on the XFL with literally zero idea about how these teams will perform is Grade-A degenerate behaviour. I love it.

After the ridiculous NBA lines last night, I’m up huge (why would you give the Blazers +10 so dumb) so I’m playing with house money otherwise I wouldn’t be so keen on betting it.

My key on degenerate gambling behavior is always keep a zero off of what you’re actually betting when telling your wife (I’m just engaged though). If you put $200 on something tell her you put $20 lol 

They just put the O/U up on my site. 50.5 and 51. I can’t decide if the new rules favor the over or the under:

In an attempt to keep game times under three hours, the clock will run continuously until the final two minutes of each half. During the so-called “comeback period,” the game clock will be stopped until the ball is spotted and five seconds have run off the play clock. The clock is stopped on incompletions and plays out of bounds. Teams get two timeouts per half. The play clock will be 25 seconds (the NFL’s is 40 seconds), and an eighth official will be in charge of spotting the ball to speed up play. Halftime will be 10 minutes”

The continuous clock leans under, but the 25 second play clock leans over. We degenerates have a lot to learn here lol

• 3 weeks later...

Some interesting bets with Combine Week here:

-Henry Ruggs 40 time at 4.33 - take the under, unless he blows a tire

-Ceedee Lamb 40 time at 4.54 - take the under

-Jacob Eason 40 time at 4.88 - take the over

-Ceedee Lamb faster 40 than Justin Jefferson & Tee Higgins

-JK Dobbins 40 time faster than 4.51 (he tested 4.42 in his freshman year IIRC)

• Like 2