Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

On 2/26/2020 at 5:43 PM, Broncofan said:

Some interesting bets with Combine Week here:

-Henry Ruggs 40 time at 4.33 - take the under, unless he blows a tire

-Ceedee Lamb 40 time at 4.54 - take the under

-Jacob Eason 40 time at 4.88 - take the over

-Ceedee Lamb faster 40 than Justin Jefferson & Tee Higgins

-JK Dobbins 40 time faster than 4.51 (he tested 4.42 in his freshman year IIRC)

Ruggs 4.28 1st run (but those odds no profit) 

Lamb 4.51 1st run - Higgins bowed out, Jefferson 4.46

Eason 4.90 both runs 

Too bad Higgins passed that would be 4/5 with Dobbins left tomorrow.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, N4L said:

Battle hawks -4 seems terrific this weekend, but also - feels like a trap 

I also like the over in the Tampa LA game 

I agree. St. Louis is good but not the same team on the road, and I think DC is about to pull itself back together.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 10:19 PM, y*so*blu said:

I agree. St. Louis is good but not the same team on the road, and I think DC is about to pull itself back together.

Good call. I ended up hitting +6 for DC pretty hard because of this, and I also played them on the ML +185 so THANK YOU @y*so*blu. I also hammered the second half under as well. 

Over in LA/TB was the biggest bet of the weekend. Did a small parlay with LA -2 as well 

Yesterday I hit NY +6 because I think I saw @HoboRocket pick them to win outright. Good stuff!  I also took Houston -2 after they were down 2 TDs

Hell yeah, thanks guys 

• Like 2

On 3/7/2020 at 12:37 PM, HoboRocket said:

I'm going Houston over Seattle 24-22

Gotham over Dallas 25-12

DC over St. Louis 33-28

Los Angeles over Tampa 23-20

Let's see who the winners were:

Houston over Seattle, 32-23

New York over Dallas, 30-12

DC over St Louis 15-6

Los Angeles over Tampa 41-34.

I picked every winner. 

Did I get the scores right? Nope. I was very close with the Guardians game.

The Defenders versus BattleHawks turned into an ugly game, but the Defenders were going to win the whole time. It's easy to forget that they have arguably the league's best roster after Cardale's meltdowns. And they match up very well against the BattleHawks position-by-position, as well as schematically. 

I picked the Roughnecks to win by less because they've looked increasingly human each week. That trend continued, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. 

LA versus Tampa went insane, but no matter whether or not the league's best WR is benched, Josh Johnson is the most experienced QB, has plenty of arm talent, and hasn't really lost any athleticism at the ripe old age of 33. Guys, pick LA over Tampa any day of the week until Taylor Cornelius gets benched. I know Chase Litton was acquired right at the start of the season via trade, but they need to give him a shot as soon as possible. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I am reviving this thread. Thought about making a new one, but man, there was some magic in this thread before. I completely forgot how much good XFL info was posted here. I kinda just followed along and made some good money. Feels like a lifetime ago, even though it was February/March lol 

I also had a great time in December and January 

Last season I had a few big winners early, but went cold for a bit, so I stopped betting and got back to basics and waited for the right game to play 10x on rather than making 10 different bets. Quality over quantity for me. 

Three games really stick out to me this week. 

#1) over 48 in LVR/CAR.

Panthers will probably have the worst defense in the league this year. It's going to be a multi year rebuild on that side of the ball. They were not good last year, and should be worse this year.

Grudens offense is very complicated so another year in the system along along with new toys (ruggs, Edwards) to pair with Jacobs and waller combined with what should be a very solid OL should be better than most people expect. I actually think Carr will start to find his mojo again, gruden knows it's important to build his confidence early, so I think he will have some new tricks up his sleeve to get them rolling. I think Carr's deep ball is severely underrated and against a bad secondary, they could have some huge plays to pair with a very strong run game. 

I like teddy. Joe Brady and Matt rhule are good coaches. Cmc and dj Moore are incredible. Raiders defense has zero film on them, and have a bad secondary, with super unproven linebackers. I don't trust the raiders defense, although I do like some guys on their DL. Not hard to imagine Carolinas offense being aggressive on offense because they know their defense is not good 

I think this game will be a shootout from the jump. First half over could be a very good bet as well. 

#2) Colts -7 

Gotta buy the half pt here. Well worth it though. It will probably move to 8 or 9 by the end of the week. Get it now at 7 if you can. 

Colts are going to dominate the trenches on both sides. They have the veteran QB with better weapons, a better defense, and most importantly, their coaching staff is top 10. Really great culture they have built there. Weird off-season means the better coached teams will be more ready early in the season. I don't trust the jags staff nearly as much, although they arent as bad as some 

Minshew could easily come in the back door late in the game to make it one score, but it feels like Indy will be able to build a nice lead in this one and then just lean on the jags defense with the best OL in the game along with a vet QB

#3) bills -6 

Again, top 10 coaching staff going against a lesser one. Really don't trust gase. Darnold is a turnover machine going against a top 5-10 defense. Bills should be able to run the ball down their throats. 

I played these all straight and also parlayed the colts ML, bills ML, and the over. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

#3) bills -6 

Again, top 10 coaching staff going against a lesser one. Really don't trust gase. Darnold is a turnover machine going against a top 5-10 defense. Bills should be able to run the ball down their throats. 

I played these all straight and also parlayed the colts ML, bills ML, and the over. 

If last year is any indication then you're sadly mistaken. Jets will "upset" the Bills.

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If last year is any indication then you're sadly mistaken. Jets will "upset" the Bills.

What are you going on about?? 

Last year the bills beat the Jets week 1. It was a comeback win but they thoroughly outplayed the Jets from start to finish. Only reason the Jets had the lead was 4 unlucky turnovers by the bills. Two tipped passes and one fumbled snap. Those are generally considered unlucky. They were moving the ball well the entire game. I just rewatched this game the other day. 

Week 17 the bills had nothing to play for and rested a lot of guys. Matt Barkley was their QB. 

Bills have the better defense, the better quarterback, and the better coach. They are also at home

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Jags ML vs Colts

you’re welcome

Lol I'd love to hear more about this one

• Like 1