Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Before I go over my Sunday card, my SNF plays:

Najee Harris O4.5 catches +100 (now -110), O80.5 rush yards - think we see a ton of Najee tonight.

Keenan Allen O6.5 catches +120 - always an issue if there's injury, etc. but the Steelers scheme lets Allen eat.  

For TD props, going back to the prime time TE plays which have done well:

Pat Friermuth +250 / +2000 2+ (0.8U / 0.4U) & Donald Parham +500 / +6000 (0.6U / 0.3U) - both get regular looks in the RZ.   Prime time TE's seem to do better, so YOLO, let's keep it going.

That puts 5.1U on the line for tonight....now on to the Sunday recap next post.

Well, a crazy SNF also proves VERY profitable - Harris O4.5 catches +100, Allen O6.5 catches +120 both hit, while Harris O80.5 rush yards misses badly.    Still, at plus money, a nice tidy 1.2U profit on the props.

TD-wise, Parham never really comes close, but TE's overperforming on prime time TD-wise continues, and Friermuth +250 at 0.8U hits, giving a nice 1.5U profit as well.

That 2.7U profit means I'm now up to +8.1U for Week 11, not counting MNF (and it doesn't count the 2 extra ATS games I bet last-minute, where I took the unders, but I didn't post, so I don't count it here, but the $ is still good lol), so a great bounceback after 2 of last 3 weeks being red in the ledger.   Let's finish strong for MNF!

2021 - WEEK 1 - WEEK 11 NOT INCLUDING MNF:

ATS 33-27; 9-11 with RACE to 15/20/25/30 (underdogs only), net +35.1U profit (taking dog ML & RACE's really pays off even with barely going over 50 percent ATS).

Player props - 105-95, +21.3U profit (thank you 8U on D'Ernst Johnson Week 7 TNF vs. DEN at +money, J-Taylor on SNF @ SF, and Damien Harris on TNF @ ATL for another 4U each)

TD - 14-39, but playing all longshot TD props, with Corey Davis +3300 2-TD hitting Week 1 & now Pat Friermuth +2500 2-TD, makes this +28.3U so far 

Net balance:  +84.7U

(Week 1 - +43.8U     Week 2 - -1.6U.    Week 3 - -1.3U     Week 4 - +12.2U   Week 5 - +9.0U  Week 6 - +8.2U   Week 7 - +15.7U  Week 8 - -18.6U <ouch>  Week 9 - +13.8U Week 10 - -4.6U Week 11 - +8.1U

For MNF, I have no desire to get involved with a 10 pt spread, also with the OL woes NYG has, vs. TAM missing Vita Vea and the impact he has, especially with a banged up secondary.  

What I will back are 1 team total (I'll file this under ATS); 4 player props and stick with the tried-and-true formula of going TE-heavy for prime time TD props....

ATS (In this case, Team Totals)

NYG O20.5 +150 - the TAM D without Vita Vea is a LOT more vulnerable.  Rather than take NYG O17.5 at -110, I'd rather just go for the + money and hit 21+.    Obv more risk, but also more reward.

PLAYER PROPS

Tom Brady O2.5 passing TD's +115 - pretty simple equation, TB's implied total is 31 pts, so 4 TD's, so you're giving me plus money for 3 passing TD's?  Sign.  Me.  Up.

Danny Jones O20.5 rushing yards - with any team that has a strong pass rush, this gives Danny Jones a chance to run it 5-6x. Might only take 2 scrambles to get this in his case.    

Mike Evans O65.5 receiving yards - O4.5 catches is -160, so I'll take the yards instead.   Shadow CB James Bradberry is actually someone to target - which sounds crazy, but it's true.   So I'll go here.

Kadarius Toney O4.5 catches +135 / O41.5 rec yards - this is the "squeaky wheel" theory, given the press was up in arms over Toney's 1 target last week.  It also helps that Sterling Shepard is out, so Toney is the natural fit to take over Sherpard's slot role.   That of course is still subject to Jason Garrett - which is why I'm not committing more than the usual 1U play but I’ll take both catches & yards props lol. 

LONGHOT TD

Cameron Brate +400 / +5000 2+ (0.6U/0.3U)Gronk might be back, or he might not.   Either way, Brate gets at least 4-5 snaps in the RZ, and usually at least 1-2 targets.   At those odds, and with AB still gone, that's worth taking.  If Gronk is inactive this line goes way down so I’ll take it now; if Gronk is active I’ll  have the option to cash out b4 game starts.  EDIT:   Gronk is back apparently, so taking this off the board.

Kadarius Toney +260 / +2400 (0.6U/0.3U) - if I'm going to take Brate off the board, and I'm going to take a NYG 21+ pt prop, why not back the best matchup that's at +260.   All aboard the Toney train (don't F me over J-Garrett)

Kyle Rudolph +650 / +10000 2+ (0.4U /0.2U) - I know, I know - Evan Engram is their top TE.  The thing is, he's not really inline, and that's still Rudolph - so when they go 12 formation and go play-action, Rudolph gets his share of EZ targets.    At that price, I'll take a super-small stab, for 1.5U total between both TE's.

That's a total of 7.5U at risk for MNF, looking to build on what's been a steady week (thanks to the ML/RACES, and a strong SNF). Let's finish strong!

Edited by Broncofan
Added NYG O20.5 +150, Toney TD props & removed Brate TD prop with Gronk likely back - don't screw me over Jason Garrett!

22 hours ago, Broncofan said:

For MNF, I have no desire to get involved with a 10 pt spread, also with the OL woes NYG has, vs. TAM missing Vita Vea and the impact he has, especially with a banged up secondary.  

What I will back are 1 team total (I'll file this under ATS); 4 player props and stick with the tried-and-true formula of going TE-heavy for prime time TD props....

ATS (In this case, Team Totals)

NYG O20.5 +150 - the TAM D without Vita Vea is a LOT more vulnerable.  Rather than take NYG O17.5 at -110, I'd rather just go for the + money and hit 21+.    Obv more risk, but also more reward.

PLAYER PROPS

Tom Brady O2.5 passing TD's +115 - pretty simple equation, TB's implied total is 31 pts, so 4 TD's, so you're giving me plus money for 3 passing TD's?  Sign.  Me.  Up.

Danny Jones O20.5 rushing yards - with any team that has a strong pass rush, this gives Danny Jones a chance to run it 5-6x. Might only take 2 scrambles to get this in his case.    

Mike Evans O65.5 receiving yards - O4.5 catches is -160, so I'll take the yards instead.   Shadow CB James Bradberry is actually someone to target - which sounds crazy, but it's true.   So I'll go here.

Kadarius Toney O4.5 catches +135 / O41.5 rec yards - this is the "squeaky wheel" theory, given the press was up in arms over Toney's 1 target last week.  It also helps that Sterling Shepard is out, so Toney is the natural fit to take over Sherpard's slot role.   That of course is still subject to Jason Garrett - which is why I'm not committing more than the usual 1U play but I’ll take both catches & yards props lol. 

LONGHOT TD

Cameron Brate +400 / +5000 2+ (0.6U/0.3U)Gronk might be back, or he might not.   Either way, Brate gets at least 4-5 snaps in the RZ, and usually at least 1-2 targets.   At those odds, and with AB still gone, that's worth taking.  If Gronk is inactive this line goes way down so I’ll take it now; if Gronk is active I’ll  have the option to cash out b4 game starts.  EDIT:   Gronk is back apparently, so taking this off the board.

Kadarius Toney +260 / +2400 (0.6U/0.3U) - if I'm going to take Brate off the board, and I'm going to take a NYG 21+ pt prop, why not back the best matchup that's at +260.   All aboard the Toney train (don't F me over J-Garrett)

Kyle Rudolph +650 / +10000 2+ (0.4U /0.2U) - I know, I know - Evan Engram is their top TE.  The thing is, he's not really inline, and that's still Rudolph - so when they go 12 formation and go play-action, Rudolph gets his share of EZ targets.    At that price, I'll take a super-small stab, for 1.5U total between both TE's.

That's a total of 7.5U at risk for MNF, looking to build on what's been a steady week (thanks to the ML/RACES, and a strong SNF). Let's finish strong!

Well, should have left the original card as it was, the 3 additions all went poof....

NYG O20.5 - enter Jason Garrett and Bad Danny Jones (which TBH is pretty much 2/3 of the time now).  Toney O41.5 yards was a brutally bad beat - Golladay didn't even try to block a bubble screen that cost him 6+ yards, and Toney actually cost himself 3 yards with trying to fight a tackle.   Same deal with TB12 O2.5 TD's, as he had a 3rd TD dropped in the EZ, and then a RZ completion to the 2 called back by penalty on back to back plays.    Rudolph & Toney TD props were outright losers, no real chances.  

Fortunately, Toney O4.5 +135 & Evans O65.5 won, so it's a bad night, with a -2.2U loss for MNF - could have been OK, but that's gambling.  Still won't complain about a 5.9U Week 11 profit.   

On to Turkey Day (with all the injuries, going to need to think on gamescript and the matchups)...

2021 - WEEK 1 - WEEK 11 NOT INCLUDING MNF:

ATS 33-28; 9-11 with RACE to 15/20/25/30 (underdogs only), net +34.1U profit (taking dog ML & RACE's really pays off even with barely going over 50 percent ATS).

Player props - 107-97, +21.6U profit (thank you 8U on D'Ernst Johnson Week 7 TNF vs. DEN at +money, J-Taylor on SNF @ SF, and Damien Harris on TNF @ ATL for another 4U each)

TD - 14-41, but playing all longshot TD props, with Corey Davis +3300 2-TD hitting Week 1 & now Pat Friermuth +2500 2-TD, makes this +26.8U so far 

Net balance:  +82.5U

(Week 1 - +43.8U     Week 2 - -1.6U.    Week 3 - -1.3U     Week 4 - +12.2U   Week 5 - +9.0U  Week 6 - +8.2U   Week 7 - +15.7U  Week 8 - -18.6U <ouch>  Week 9 - +13.8U Week 10 - -4.6U Week 11 - +5.9U)

I'm considering taking the Lions ML this week over the Bears. Swift has really started to breakout and they just tied the Steelers then almost beat the Browns. Fields is out for Chicago and Nagy will be fired after the game so they have a ton of bad energy around their team right now coming off of 5 consecutive losses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm considering taking the Lions ML this week over the Bears. Swift has really started to breakout and they just tied the Steelers then almost beat the Browns. Fields is out for Chicago and Nagy will be fired after the game so they have a ton of bad energy around their team right now coming off of 5 consecutive losses.

I like it too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I like it too. 

Fwiw if Detroit gets Goff back while he brings the TO potential - he at least can make some throws.    Tim Boyle can’t play.   Kinda crazy that as bad as he plays - Goff is a major upgrade.  

Given that all the news on Goff is hopeful it’s a good ML play.  Since the line seems to have stayed at -3 when no news on Goff was out,    If Goff gets activated I’d think the ML goes to pick ‘em .   If he doesn’t play the line probably stays.   So DET ML is a decent play for sure.  

Edited by Broncofan

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Given that all the news on Goff is hopeful it’s a good ML play.  Since the line seems to have stayed at -3 when no news on Goff was out,    If Goff gets activated I’d think the ML goes to pick ‘em .   If he doesn’t play the line probably stays.   So DET ML is a decent play for sure.  

Yeah hopefully Goff plays, if he does I think Detroit can pull it off. The Bears are in a disarray right now.

OK so with all the injuries, not a lot of player props are out, but I'm definitely looking at 2 Turkey Day ATS & 1 RACE play, and 3 (maybe 4-5) ATS/ML plays, with a couple of RACE's:

TURKEY DAY

ATS/ML & RACE (0.5U per RACE)

DET ML +150, RACE to 20/25 (+200/+375) vs. CHI - as mentioned before, this is all about whether Jared Goff plays.   If he does, not that he's even good...but he gives the DET O a real shot, given how depleted CHI's D.   This is basically DET's Super Bowl, we know they play so well on Turkey Day.  Campbell will be fearless  

BUF -6 @ NO - I know, I know, bad Josh Allen kills this prop.   The thing is, with NO now likely out 3 T's, the NO O won't be able to replicate the same kind of ball control game that puts Allen into bad spots.   I honestly think this is a 10+ pt win, so I'll lock in -6 now, to reduce the chances of a backdoor L.

LONGSHOT TD (AND 2 "REGULAR TD") PROPS

D'Andre Swift +150 / +800 (1.0U/0.5U) - very rarely do I go with these low odds, but I just see Swift dominating the touches and RZ looks, and again, if Goff is there, he'll pepper him.   

Darnell Mooney +180 / +1200 (0.8U/0.4U) - soaked up an insane 16 targets last week with Allen Robinson out.   Robinson's already been ruled out IIRC, so this is easy - hammer the TD prop (and I'll look for Mooney yardage & catch props too).

Juwan Johnson +600 / +7500 (0.6/0.3U) - this reflects 2 points.   First, NO's D gets exposed with the guys not facing Lattimore.   And while on the surface JJ is a TE, for which NO is traditionally great as - he flanks out wide and in the slot, so he defies the usual TE conventions.   With Trautman likely going to IR, ALL the RZ work for the big body goes his way now.   

This puts 7.6U on the line for Turkey Day so far...will definitely look for Mooney catch / rec yard props & Allen pass TD and rush TD props too once they're posted

Depending on how well (or poorly) Turkey Day goes....will start with 3 ATS/ML & 1 RACE play, and may graduate to 4-5 (with 2-3 RACE plays), but also need key information on injuries before committing....

SUNDAY

TEN +6.5 @ NE - I know, I know, TEN is decimated, NE is on a roll - how on earth do I roll this way?  Again, I'll point out that TEN as dogs are kings....and incredibly disappointing as favorites, and why I've pretty much faded / avoided them as favorites.  If I had REAL conviction, I'd hit the +240 ML and the 20/25 RACE for +250 / +450 lol.   Not there yet, but I'll take a stab at TEN with points for sure.    If Turkey Day goes real well, then I may add RACE to 20/25 as well, but not there yet.

LAC -2.5 @ DEN - Chargers could lose this with TO's, and letting DEN's run game keep the ball away from Herbert & co. on O.  Otherwise, I see a 7-10 pt win, so the risk of a backdoor is low with that 2.5 line.   Don't think any news would make the line shrink, so taking it now before the line hits that all-important 3-pt threshold.

PHI -3.5 @ NYG - I'm disappointed Jason Garrett got fired, because frankly, if he was calling the plays, I'd have taken an alternate spread of PHI -6.5 for +150.    I have a lot more respect for Freddie Kitchens, but the bigger problem as I see it is that NYG's D can't stop the run, or good receivers, and that's before we talk about what Jalen Hurts presents matchup-wise.    Not crazy about 3.5 pts, but again I see a 7-10 pt win, so that reduces the chance of a backdoor L. 

LAR ML +100 @ GB - this is basically a pick 'em, but with the all-important news that LT Elgin Jenkins is out, combined with A-Rod's limited mobility with turf toe, this is an AWFUL matchup now.    Frankly, IMO LAR should be 3 pt road favorites.  So I'll absolutely back LAR here.   I get that LAR got smashed in the teeth the last 2 games - but their finesse based front 7 is not going to be manhandled the same way with GB's OL issues, and on the flip side, GB's weak links on D are going to get exposed by the LAR O.    Now, saying that LAR should be a 3-pt road fave, obv it's no lock, but to get even money when I think they win 60+ percent of the time vs. this present version of GB, gotta take the value.  

PENDING - IND ML +150 vs. TAM, RACE to 20 / 25 (+150 / +250) - PENDING VEA INJURY NEWS - this is simple; if Vita Vea is there, it makes this less appealing, but if Vea is missing, the TAM run D becomes very beatable (NYG's OL is awful, so couldn't take advantage, but better OL's can).    I also think as much as Wentz is prone to massive mistakes, unlike NYG, IND won't be afraid to pepper Michael Pittman when they do need to pass (Pittman's a core DFS play this week).   IND has a pass funnel D, so this could absolutely be a shootout - if Turkey Day goes well, I'll take a bite of IND RACE to 30/35 (+400/+900), given this game could have massive fireworks.     But for now, I'll stick with 20/25 as "safer" RACE plays (if there's such a thing).

PENDING - MIN ML +150 @ SF, RACE to 25/30 (+280 / +450)- I need to make sure everyone important on MIN is healthy, because they'll need everyone on D to just contain SF's run game, and Deebo Samuel / George Kittle.   The big thing here is that MIN's balance with Cook, plus their 3 WR's (Conklin should get easily neutralized by S Tartt's return), presents a real problem for SF's D.   If Kyle Shanahan cooks up a great gameplan like he did with LAR & JAX, the O can roll - but if MIN has an early answer and can get ahead, Shanny's inability to adjust in-game, makes the dog money & race-ing so sweet.  And as we have seen, MIN has issues giving up the lead late, but they're fantastic at getting up and frontrunning, so I have to take a shot on those inflated props.    I really see this similar to the IND-SF game potentially (with SF's O ceiling much higher obv, more talking the MIN O vs. SF D). 

Obviously that's a pretty loaded card - so will want to see how Turkey Day goes before committing to so many plays.  I just see some very appealing dog plays this weekend with major potential massive +money RACE plays, so will be tracking closely; the LAC / LAR / TEN plays I'll lock in right away. 

• Like 1

OK so will change the format for bets, and just list today's plays....please note all DET-based plays will be pulled if Goff is not active, but here goes:

TURKEY DAY PROPS

CHI @ DET

DET ML +150 (now +125), RACE to 20/25 (+200/375) - covered before

D'Andre Swift O4.5 recs +130, O33.5 rec yards - he's become their bellcow since Dan Campbell took over playcalling, and a target hog.   

Darnell Mooney O57.5 rec yards - on the flip side, Mooney's been the guy all year, and got a ridiculous 16 targets last week   His O4.5 is -130, so I'll just roll with the yards.

D'Andre Swift +150 TD / +800 2+ TD's (1.0U/0.5U) - breaking my long-shot parameters given how much use Swift gets, and a CHI D without Hicks or Mack.

Darnell Mooney +180 TD / +1200 2+ TD's (0.8U/0.4U) - same idea here, facing DET's secondary.

Josh Reynolds +650 TD / +8000 2+ TD (0.6U/0.3U) - if Goff plays, this is his past LAR connection, who's also their biggest WR EZ threat, and who's run the most routes & played the most snaps.    Gotta take a stab here.

LV @ DAL

No DAL WR props are out with news on Lamb not yet out yet, so limited card so far...

Dalton Schultz O49.5 rec yards - pretty simple no matter if Lamb plays or not - he's either the #2 or #3 target, and likely the #2 target regardless.    So I'll take a stab here, he passed it vs. a much tougher KC D in the same situation, I expect better results than last week, too.

BUF @ NO

Josh Allen O2.5 pass TD props aren't out yet, if they were, I'd take them if the were +130 or better.    Waiting for now

Dawson Knox O3.5 recs +110 - He's Allen's security blanket, and still gets RZ looks.   I'd project 8+ targets, and 5-6 catches as a floor.   Gotta take the plus money.

Manny Sanders O3.5 recs +140 -  I still think Diggs gets his work, even facing Lattimore - but there's no doubt better matchups will be with Sanders, Knox & Beasley.   Beasley's still dinged up, and when it's man, Sanders thrives - so this plus money matchup is too good to pass up.

Taysom Hill TD +400 / +4000 2+ (1.0U / 0.5U) -  no Kamara, and now it seems Mark Ingram is VERY iffy.   If Hill is inactive, this bet voids, but as long as he's active, have to believe he becomes the GL weapon for running.   At those odds, have to take a strong play here. 

Juwan Johnson TD +600 / +7500 2+ (0.6U / 0.3U) - posted from before. 

SUNDAY

TEN +6.5 @ NE - I know, I know, TEN is decimated, NE is on a roll - how on earth do I roll this way?  Again, I'll point out that TEN as dogs are kings....and incredibly disappointing as favorites, and why I've pretty much faded / avoided them as favorites.  If I had REAL conviction, I'd hit the +240 ML and the 20/25 RACE for +250 / +450 lol.   Not there yet, but I'll take a stab at TEN with points for sure.    If Turkey Day goes real well, then I may add RACE to 20/25 as well, but not there yet.   EDIT:  With news AJ Brown is very iffy, going to have to back off this one.

LAC -2.5 @ DEN - Chargers could lose this with TO's, and letting DEN's run game keep the ball away from Herbert & co. on O.  Otherwise, I see a 7-10 pt win, so the risk of a backdoor is low with that 2.5 line.   Don't think any news would make the line shrink, so taking it now before the line hits that all-important 3-pt threshold.

PHI -3.5 @ NYG - I'm disappointed Jason Garrett got fired, because frankly, if he was calling the plays, I'd have taken an alternate spread of PHI -6.5 for +150.    I have a lot more respect for Freddie Kitchens, but the bigger problem as I see it is that NYG's D can't stop the run, or good receivers, and that's before we talk about what Jalen Hurts presents matchup-wise.    Not crazy about 3.5 pts, but again I see a 7-10 pt win, so that reduces the chance of a backdoor L. 

LAR ML +100 @ GB - this is basically a pick 'em, but with the all-important news that LT Elgin Jenkins is out, combined with A-Rod's limited mobility with turf toe, this is an AWFUL matchup now.    Frankly, IMO LAR should be 3 pt road favorites.  So I'll absolutely back LAR here.   I get that LAR got smashed in the teeth the last 2 games - but their finesse based front 7 is not going to be manhandled the same way with GB's OL issues, and on the flip side, GB's weak links on D are going to get exposed by the LAR O.    Now, saying that LAR should be a 3-pt road fave, obv it's no lock, but to get even money when I think they win 60+ percent of the time vs. this present version of GB, gotta take the value.  

PENDING - IND ML +150 vs. TAM, RACE to 20 / 25 (+150 / +250) - PENDING VEA INJURY NEWS - this is simple; if Vita Vea is there, it makes this less appealing, but if Vea is missing, the TAM run D becomes very beatable (NYG's OL is awful, so couldn't take advantage, but better OL's can).    I also think as much as Wentz is prone to massive mistakes, unlike NYG, IND won't be afraid to pepper Michael Pittman when they do need to pass (Pittman's a core DFS play this week).   IND has a pass funnel D, so this could absolutely be a shootout - if Turkey Day goes well, I'll take a bite of IND RACE to 30/35 (+400/+900), given this game could have massive fireworks.     But for now, I'll stick with 20/25 as "safer" RACE plays (if there's such a thing).

PENDING - MIN ML +150 @ SF, RACE to 25/30 (+280 / +450)- I need to make sure everyone important on MIN is healthy, because they'll need everyone on D to just contain SF's run game, and Deebo Samuel / George Kittle.   The big thing here is that MIN's balance with Cook, plus their 3 WR's (Conklin should get easily neutralized by S Tartt's return), presents a real problem for SF's D.   If Kyle Shanahan cooks up a great gameplan like he did with LAR & JAX, the O can roll - but if MIN has an early answer and can get ahead, Shanny's inability to adjust in-game, makes the dog money & race-ing so sweet.  And as we have seen, MIN has issues giving up the lead late, but they're fantastic at getting up and frontrunning, so I have to take a shot on those inflated props.    I really see this similar to the IND-SF game potentially (with SF's O ceiling much higher obv, more talking the MIN O vs. SF D). 

Once Lamb news comes out, I'll certainly look to add LV-DAL, but that's all for now.   I'm also playing a 0.5U parley on DET ML / LAC -2.5 / PHI -3 (-130) / LAR ML / IND ML for +4000, so that makes a total of 14.5U for Turkey Day so far. 

LFG & BOL!

Edited by Broncofan
Late addition of Taysom Hill with news Ingram is very iffy

With news that AJ Brown is iffier for Sunday's game,  have to back off TEN +6.5.     With news that Kamara is out (known) & Ingram sounds very iffy (that's new), adding in Taysom Hill +400 / +4000 2+ TD (1.0U/0.5U) to the Turkey Day slate (added above).    Also forgot to add my Juwan Johnson +600 TD / +7500 2+ (0.6U/0.3U) prop that I took before.

Edited by Broncofan