Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

Wasn't confident about tonight too much. Went with Chiefs -9 and took the over of 54 mostly because both teams offenses played well in the openers last year.

Props

First TD Hill +650

Will Fuller V +190 and Mecole Hardman +190 Anytime TD (just hoping one hits)

First play of the game - pass +155

Under 3.5 FGs +110

10 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

The Browns ML is my emotional hedge bet, either the Ravens start out 1-0 or i hit on +285. There wasn’t any logic besides that in that pick.

no offense, but I really hate this mindset. I want to make bets that will cash, not because I have emotion on one side or the other. especially with an 'emotional hedge'. 

for example, I think cardinals ML is a good bet. Cardinals very well might beat the niners this week straight up. I am not going to take that bet because there are other games I like more (and because I am a 49er fan) but that is a bet that I think is 50-50 to win but is plus money, and therefore worth the risk. 

just my .02, obviously you are free to bet your money how you want lol

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

no offense, but I really hate this mindset. I want to make bets that will cash, not because I have emotion on one side or the other. especially with an 'emotional hedge'. 

for example, I think cardinals ML is a good bet. Cardinals very well might beat the niners this week straight up. I am not going to take that bet because there are other games I like more (and because I am a 49er fan) but that is a bet that I think is 50-50 to win but is plus money, and therefore worth the risk. 

just my .02, obviously you are free to bet your money how you want lol

Yeah don’t really know what to tell you, not too hung up on that $20 lol if it hits cool, if not even cooler...don’t think you need to analyze my mindset too much im a pretty casual better lol i’ve done well when i do bet tho

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah don’t really know what to tell you, not too hung up on that $20 lol if it hits cool, if not even cooler...don’t think you need to analyze my mindset too much im a pretty casual better lol i’ve done well when i do bet tho

its just a friendly discussion lol 

I dont want to come off as a know it all, just hoping that some of the insights I am sharing can help others formulate strategy 

I hope for your sake the browns win lmao

• Like 1

16 hours ago, N4L said:

its just a friendly discussion lol 

I dont want to come off as a know it all, just hoping that some of the insights I am sharing can help others formulate strategy 

I hope for your sake the browns win lmao

Yeah, me too...for Ray's sake...no other reason. :)

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 7:16 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Tomorrow I will dabble in one or more of the following:

- Patrick Mahomes over 2.5 passing TDs +140

Easy money.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:44 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Darren Fells TD +275

Fading this hard. Akins was clearly the superior player and was gifted more opportunity. I barely saw Fells at all In the 2nd half.

- Will Fuller TD +187

I feel like this is a good bet any other day. Is clearly the new #1 in Houston. With his talent and volume he’ll be scoring on a bi-weekly basis.

Kenny Stills TD +300 

Fading this as well. I went in on Stills for a few reasons. One, I think he’s a good player and pretty underrated. Two, I thought the Cooks quad injury would open the door for more Stills PT/targets. I sort of forgot about Cobb being added to the receiver room. He looked more like the first slot choice, which was disappointing. Stills had a few opportunities and just didn’t play very well.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:16 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Travis Kelce 2 TD +500

This looked good as Kelce scored early. He had a another chance to score as well on another RZ trip that was well covered well by Houston. Reid showed last night that Kelce is the first option down in the RZ. One to keep an eye on against weaker defenses or potential shootouts.

Overall, I expected Houston’s passing attack to look more potent than it did. I thought Mahomes and Watson would be exchanging passing TDs in a high scoring affair, but the COVID rustiness was apparent from the jump (for both sides). I also didn’t anticipate David Johnson looking so good and Houston finding their offense on the ground. Live and learn.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Nice! What was the winning ticket?

Everything hit haha, Mahomes over on TD's, CEH over on rush yards and total yards, DJ on receptions, rush yards, total yards, Kelce on catches and a TD. Only one that lost was CEH catches over. I also bet the over so was a rare 9-1 night

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 5:59 AM, ET80 said:

Check out the props on Jordan Akins (I don't personally know what they are). I think if anyone has a good game, it's him - most TEs take a while to figure everything out, three years on average. Akins is in year three, he's the "move TE" that BoB leaned on when Aaron Hernandez was in New England, he's got existing rapport with Watson. He's really athletic, too fast for most coverage LBs and too strong for most DBs. 

I'm of the mindset that Akins will absorb a lot of the targets that went to DeAndre Hopkins, and he'll make good on it.

This was great info and we should all go back a page and like this post 

• Like 2