Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

25 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I’m 1000 percent sure Mahomes plays if he can weight bear.   But remember that’s not a given with HAS.   We just saw Ryan Tannehill play vs. LAC with the injury then miss 3 games which were must-win & let Josh Dobbs / Malik Willis play.   Including the sudden death game.     

If there’s any way Mahomes can play he’ll do it.  But HAS isn’t a 100 percent guarantee you’re ready.   Until I see him moving around still have to factor in some uncertainty.    Vegas likely is (along with heavy CIN action obv).  

My biggest concern with any KC props is Mahomes starting the game and then exiting early due to his injury.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My biggest concern with any KC props is Mahomes starting the game and then exiting early due to his injury.

Yeah that’s a very real risk too.   It’s almost easier to take props if you know Mahomes is out.   Ironically I think Kelce might have a better chance to hit his props with Mahomes out (because it’s likely to go down yet he’s still the top target). 

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I just saw that Mahomes is practicing today, maybe we can get a video leak and see how he is moving

It won’t matter because it’s sudden planting, change of direction, or getting contact near the ankle that matters.   Showing light jogging isn’t doing much and frankly it’s kinda dumb.  There’s only risk.  It’s apparently because Mahomes wants this - someone in their staff needs to step in here: 

So he's getting treatment on it round the clock...and he wants to test it each day.  Jeez someone in the training staff / medical staff needs to step up here.   RICE therapy (with aggressive US/TENS/etc.) works for a reason.  Besides the fact he doesn’t really need the reps - and Henne benefits far more.   Not only for it Mahomes misses the game (unlikely) but if he misses time in game (higher risk).   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I managed to watch the first half of the Chiefs/Bengals game from Week 13 and man, I didn’t realize how much Mahomes actually moves around. He was running around to escape pressure the whole time.

He has been in the league for several years, and you are just now realizing this? Lol. I saw some data on him that he actually runs in a circle faster than he does in a straight line when he is on the field. Nuts. 

I was hoping I would be able to tease KC up to 3 once they hit +3. Shame I wont be able to do that anymore.

I am not sold on Mahomes being healthy based on the video of him moving vertically. Lateral movement is the hard part with regards to high ankle sprains from my understanding. 

• Like 1

Light jogging and dropping back quickly, landing and driving off your plant leg are entirely different things. If he is fine, I'd be very surprised and even if it feels good, what happens the first time it's hit? Have to be one of the quickest turnarounds for a high ankle sprain lol. 

Still moving better than I thought he would be at this time.

13 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

It’s either way less severe initially diagnosed, or he’s gritting his teeth for the cameras. Looks fine to me.

Going straight is the easy part.    In-game if he had an open lane in front of him, he could probably go at 70-80 percent.    But stopping, planting & change in direction / lateral movement (or spin moves) are all where the HAS prevents him from being the Mahomes we know   

Barring a setback though, it eliminates the “won’t play” scenario (which was 10-15% risk).    But there will still be limits on what he can do.    That’s the cat-and-mouse game here.    Knowing he’ll play though will likely flatten out the 1-sided action we’ve seen so far.  

Obv it’s getting a ton of attention.  Mark Adickes was just on XM and echoed the above.   FWIW he actually thought he saw a small limp (I think that’s moot either way lol).  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

Decided against Mckinnon rec props.. the videos of Mahomes I've seen aren't all that convincing to me, and you guys made a good point about Cincy focusing on shutting down that short stuff. 

Waiting on a line to come out for Sli Mitchell.. I think SF will run it a bunch and force those LBs and DBs to tackle. Eli looked good in that 4th quarter vs Dallas, I'm not too worried about the questionable tag

Edit- well scratch that too. Niners are worried enough that they may have Coleman suit up at RB

Edited by adamq