Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

14 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Did two props last night. Small $5 on Conner fir first TD but nadda on that. Also got Daniel Jones for $15 on Over 1.5 TDs and cashed that in.

I also had Steelers as part of a ML parlay earlier with the Bills and Ravens that cashed. 

Went 10-5-1 in my spread pick em. Good enough for ... 3rd place. 

Did a not too small player prop parlay (there was a comma involved) that hit on Drew Lock o/u 21.5 completions as the final leg. That was stressful 😆

• Like 1

Just now, Titans_Matt said:

Colts are a 3 point favorite against the Vikings

vikings are a poor road team and the Colts have the OL to manhandle their depleted DL. Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce are all gone/ not playing on Sunday. Add to that a set of very young CBs and its a bad combo on a fast track in Indy. 
minny is also 3-8 vs the spread in their last 11 games as an underdog
Good luck and remember: never take betting advice from packer fans on the internet

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I did Bills +0.5/Chiefs-3/Cards-1

Miami worries me. They’re way better than what the public perceives. Flores is a top-notch coach. Division game, Buffalo on the road, flying out east. I can see Miami taking this one. Staying away.

Edited by SmittyBacall

17 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I did Bills +0.5/Chiefs-3/Cards-1

Can you explain the +0.5 to me? Wouldn't taking them straight up be slightly better odds and if they lose, it's going to have to be by more than 0.5. The only thing that really covers is a tie right?

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Would you take Cinci +6 ?

I did, but not a ton on it. 

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Can you explain the +0.5 to me? Wouldn't taking them straight up be slightly better odds and if they lose, it's going to have to be by more than 0.5. The only thing that really covers is a tie right?

I did, but not a ton on it. 

Spread was Bills -5.5. My teaser bought 6 points for all three games, so it dropped the Bills spread to +0.5. So basically that part of the parlay bet hits if the Bills win or tie.

• Like 1

As much as I love Burrow - the CIN OL losing another starter and down Atkins & Mike Daniels even with DJ Reader in there I’m going CLE -6.    The CLE RB’s should go wild.  

There’s some over-reaction on bettors with the line IMO because of Week 1 - BAL is a horrible matchup for CLE.     The LAC O game plan and Tyrod were awful, and mask that CIN is still overall a team that likely loses a lot of games this year.    Burrow just gives them hope better days aren’t far away.   

CLE’s strengths & CIN’s weaknesses combined with the injuries and short week make for a CLE -6 play that ppl will find unappealing - but that’s the point Vegas oddsmakers are hoping for IMO.   

Edited by Broncofan

29 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As much as I love Burrow - the CIN OL losing another starter and down Atkins & Mike Daniels even with DJ Reader in there I’m going CLE -6.    The CLE RB’s should go wild.  

There’s some over-reaction on bettors with the line IMO because of Week 1 - BAL is a horrible matchup for CLE.     The LAC O game plan and Tyrod were awful, and mask that CIN is still overall a team that likely loses a lot of games this year.    Burrow just gives them hope better days aren’t far away.   

CLE’s strengths & CIN’s weaknesses combined with the injuries and short week make for a CLE -6 play that ppl will find unappealing - but that’s the point Vegas oddsmakers are hoping for IMO.   

I actually agree with this, though I’d hate to admit it. I’m staying away from the spread and sticking with props. If Atkins were back I would be singing a different tune, but we’re really thin on the interior. Also, I don’t think the OL injury is a big deal. It’s a lateral move.