Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

I posted in the other thread that I had the chargers +7 

I also parlayed the living **** out of it with bills -3 (along with the under 8.5 in the dodgers game, and a separate one that had the braves ML) so three parlays all with only the bills -3 left to win more than I did yesterday 

So my question is, should I hedge? I mean, we are talking some serious cash here so I feel like I should, but also, the bills feel like the right play.

Would everyone here agree that bufflo is the smart play? 

I also jumped on the Ravens -7 and the Rams -3 yesterday (even though I felt dirty doing it, I have only bet against my team like once before in my life). Feels like both lines are going to move. I hate to make a bet so early during covid but LIS, both lines are going to move and 7/3 are crucial numbers 

Just now, indifference said:

Bengals ML

Redskins ML

Bears ML

Texans ML

4 team parlay - $25 to $1100

I love this week for dogs. I’m most likely going to do another one with diff teams. Bucs, JAX, Falcons, Eagles.

my problem with this type of bet is that by taking so many MLs you are betting on lighting striking in 4 different games all at the same time. 

You would be better off playing them all straight

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

my problem with this type of bet is that by taking so many MLs you are betting on lighting striking in 4 different games all at the same time. 

Every week at least 4 under dogs win. Just have to get the 4 right. I’ve been 1 game away damn near every week. I could do straight but the payout would not be as high.

Edited by indifference

13 hours ago, N4L said:

@ET80 I am eyeing the over in Houston Tennessee. Its 53. What are your thoughts? 

I'm actually thinking it'll be just below that number 35-14, with Tennessee taking the foot off the gas after building a huge lead. This will be a good opportunity for key Titans to get rest after a very short week...

Warren Sharp with his views on the early betting lines. I pulled out the Packers-Bucs just due to the huge swing

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/line-items/week-6-early-line-movement

Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oddsmakers initially set this lookahead at Tampa Bay -3 after the Packers Monday night win over the Falcons.  Bettors bet that down all the way to Bucs -2.5 before oddsmakers took it down prior to Tampa’s Thursday night game against the Bears.  Tampa lost outright as short road favorites.  Oddsmakers reposted it at Tampa -1.5 before reversing course and reposting it at Tampa +1.  Since that point, the early action has continued to come in on the Packers, betting this line all the way up to the Packers -2.5.  That’s a massive 5.5 point swing despite no injuries at all.  The total opened at 52 and has been bet up to 54.5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Or at least take the points.   I know the payout isn't as good, but you need all of them to hit to make it pay.    The other reason - if you are on the last leg of the parley, and you're still alive - you can hedge the fave with the points for equity.    You can't really hedge a fave ML.

Side topic - ppl who put more than 10 percent of their stake on parleys are just donating.   It's OK if ppl want to look for lightning to strike, but you're not going to build your stake if you're relying on parleys.   Put 90 percent on single-game / player props, and 10 percent on parleys.  And even then, it's probably a little too high.   And to be clear, I parley each week.

On that note, only 3 bets stick out so far:

LAR -2.5

ARI -2.5

CIN +9.5 (think IND pulls it out, but no way I give CIN 9 pts).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 9:58 PM, N4L said:

I also jumped on the Ravens -7 and the Rams -3 yesterday (even though I felt dirty doing it, I have only bet against my team like once before in my life). Feels like both lines are going to move. I hate to make a bet so early during covid but LIS, both lines are going to move and 7/3 are crucial numbers 

Ravens are now -10

Rams line hasnt moved much but I expect it to as we get closer to kick off. I actually see a lot of people betting on the niners. I just cant justify it this week. 3 points is not enough points.