Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

13 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Bet it and just forget about it and check the score in a couple hours. Will be a nasty game to watch 

As a Giants fan, that is sadly not an option. Good news I will be properly toasted which should dull the pain a bit.

Not fully anticipating a loss, but win or lose, it won't look good.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Antonio Brown OVER 53.5 receivcing yards. I have him projected at 5rec 61 yards.

Also, I'm hearing whispers that big bettors are hammering Denver -2.5. Take it FWIW.

we saw what happened in the preseason against a good DL. Denver is bringing Chubb and Miller against the Giants OTs, that's a bad matchup. 

• Like 2

Bets I'm placing today:

New England (-2.5) vs Miami

Seahawks (-3) at Indianapolis 

Philadelphia (+3.5) at Atlanta 

Bets I'm considering

Giants (+3) vs Denver

Ravens (-4.5) at Las Vegas

Cleveland (-6.5) at Kansas City

Minnesota (-3) at Cincinnati 

Arizona (+3) at Tennessee

Jacksonville (-3) at Houston

WFT (Pick em) vs Chargers

Currently have this 4-team, 7-point Teaser teed up to submit (+200). Figured I'd ask for feedback here before making it official: 

Packers +3 vNO
Broncos +4 vNYG
Eagles +10.5 vATL 
49ers PK vDET

I just think no way Winston beats Rodgers head2head on a neutural field. I love the Broncos straight up here with how little the Giants offense has gelled, so +4 is solid. Most Falcons starters haven't played a single snap of preseason football so I can't imagine a double digit win. And the 49ers PK just feels like easy oney. 

Any time I do a parlay/teaser, I try to identify the weak link of the bunch. For this round, that's gambling on a Nick Sirianni team that we know very little about. If I were to sub out the Eagles, I'm also considering WFT +7 and Rams -2 against Andy Dalton.

45 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Currently have this 4-team, 7-point Teaser teed up to submit (+200). Figured I'd ask for feedback here before making it official: 

Packers +3 vNO
Broncos +4 vNYG
Eagles +10.5 vATL 
49ers PK vDET

I just think no way Winston beats Rodgers head2head on a neutural field. I love the Broncos straight up here with how little the Giants offense has gelled, so +4 is solid. Most Falcons starters haven't played a single snap of preseason football so I can't imagine a double digit win. And the 49ers PK just feels like easy oney. 

Any time I do a parlay/teaser, I try to identify the weak link of the bunch. For this round, that's gambling on a Nick Sirianni team that we know very little about. If I were to sub out the Eagles, I'm also considering WFT +7 and Rams -2 against Andy Dalton.

There are a lot of great teaser options this week. Both the Packers and Eagles would scare me. I have a 5 teamer:

49ers -1 - same thought as you, this is stealing

Rams -1 - I just don't see the Rams losing this one. Bears offensive line is so overmatched. Will take a few turnovers or a very rusty Rams offense, which is in play in week 1.

Seahawks +3.5 - I love getting past the 3 number with Seattle. Colts have several key guys hurt/coming off injury and Seattle is the vastly superior team

KC -.5 - Andy Reid/Patrick Mahomes at home in September. I trust it against a really good Browns team.

Steelers +12.5 - Bills are a really good team but I think Pittsburgh can keep it close. 

18 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

There are a lot of great teaser options this week. Both the Packers and Eagles would scare me. I have a 5 teamer:

49ers -1 - same thought as you, this is stealing

Rams -1 - I just don't see the Rams losing this one. Bears offensive line is so overmatched. Will take a few turnovers or a very rusty Rams offense, which is in play in week 1.

Seahawks +3.5 - I love getting past the 3 number with Seattle. Colts have several key guys hurt/coming off injury and Seattle is the vastly superior team

KC -.5 - Andy Reid/Patrick Mahomes at home in September. I trust it against a really good Browns team.

Steelers +12.5 - Bills are a really good team but I think Pittsburgh can keep it close. 

Assuming you're doing a 6-point teaser, I'm only getting Rams -3 (so -2 on a 7-point teaser). If you can get them at -1 on a 6-point teaser, that seems like great value. There's just enough uncertainty with it being Stafford's first game and what that rushing offense will look like, that I'm shying away from it. They should of course win comfortably, but I'm trying to target low uncertainty in the early goings. 

Few teams have less uncertainty than the Pack this year, and I think the line is being suppressed by the Saints name value & offseason drama for Green Bay. I think in most cases, a Jameis Winston led team on a neutral field with a lot of roster turnover vs Rodgers on virtually the same team is looking like more of a -7 line. To get the Packers +3 in this scenario just feels like a safe cushion. Maybe I'm wrong. 

I do like the Seahawks a lot this week, but I am also a fan of the team, so I try to remove my potential bias as much as I can. Even said, this team against what I can only assume is a rusty Carson Wentz is enticing. 

My annual, let's get rich off $20 parlay. $121,977.10 payout. Let's goooo

Tampa Bay (ML) vs Dallas

Carolina (ML) vs NYJ

Jacksonville (-3) at Houston

Washington (ML) vs LAC

Seattle (-3) at Indianapolis 

Minnesota (-3) at Cincinnati

San Francisco (ML) at Detroit

Kansas City (ML) vs Cleveland

New England (-2.5) vs Miami

NYG (ML) vs Denver

Green Bay (-4) at New Orleans

LAR (ML) vs Chicago

Arizona (ML) at Tennessee 

Philadelphia (ML) at Atlanta

Buffalo (ML) vs Pittsburgh

Baltimore (-4.5) at Las Vegas

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

the 49ers PK just feels like easy one

49ers vs Lions is a massive  advantage to SF.
Both the roster and the coaching staff in SF will run circles around an over-matched Dan Campbell and his trusty sidekick Anthony Lynn. SF has played vs Goff 7-8 times already, so they know how to defend him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

just think no way Winston beats Rodgers head2head on a neutural field.

I really like New Orleans here. Jenkins at LT and the two rookies on the interior for GB is alarming and I think the Saints were being held back by Brees’ inability to throw downfield.

Side note and I wouldn’t risk money based on it but I’m a believer that the lasik surgery is really going to help Jameis. The fact that he’s been able to make it as far in football as he has without wearing contacts is insane to me.