Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

3 hours ago, N4L said:

The giants OL is terrible

Washington's DL is fierce

Thursday night game, washington is at home

I am not going to overthink it and I am also going to get ahead of the market and take Washington -4 before it moves even farther 

It's only -3 on DK. Good call!

• Like 1

Favourite Picks this week:

1. ARIZONA ML - I think we see a repeat of last week for Arizona. The Vikings play very similarly to the Titans; they're both run-first teams that have poor pass protection and struggle playing from behind.  Giving up nearly 20 pressures to the Bengals last week, I expect Chandler Jones and co to feast again at home this week. The Vikings D might be better than the Titans, but I still don't expect that to make the difference.

2. NEW ENGLAND ML - Mac Jones was very impressive last week and did not look like a rookie. Zach Wilson on the other hand did. The Jets gave up a myriad of pressures against an average front-7 in Carolina last week, and pass protection will only get worse this week with their best lineman (Becton) on the shelf. The Jets D will put up a fight in the trenches but in the end New England will cruise.

3. LAC/DAL OVER 52.5 - I luckily got it at this line, but would honestly play it up to 54.5. This has the makings of a massive shootout between two of the better young QBs in the league. I like Chargers D, but Dallas' offense proved last week they can hang points on anybody. I expect Herbert to keep pace.

4. WASHINGTON ML - This is almost purely based on the massive advantage in the trenches Washington has. New York comes in with maybe the leagues worst line against probably the leagues best. I'm not worried about Heineke starting, as it's a pretty lateral move from Fitzpatrick IMO. 

5. WAS/NYG UNDER 42.0 - Two top 10 defenses vs two bottom 10 offenses that like to establish the run. Simple.

6. DEN ML - There's nothing redeeming to me about this Jaguars team. Not the offense, defense, or coaching. I think Denver has them beat in all 3 facets. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 5:17 AM, MikeT14 said:

I can't pull the trigger on Washington. DJ is 5-0 against them, and WFT just sucks against the Giants. 

Both of their games were close last season with NY winning the first matchup at home 20-19 and WFT winning the second game at home 23-20. 

Not a great first week for me, but that is the chaos of week 1.

Some of the games that I like this week: 

• Cardinals (-3.5) vs Vikings

• Broncos (-6) at Jaguars

• Packers (ML) vs Lions

• Buccaneers (ML) vs Falcons

• Browns (ML) vs Texans

• Bills (-3.5) at Dolphins

Some of the games I feel so/so but will likely bet on:

• Patriots (ML) at Jets

• Steelers (-5.5) vs Raiders

• Seahawks (ML) vs Titans

• Eagles (+3.5) vs 49ers

Edited by NYRaider

My weekly get cashed out fat parlay ($5, $29,714 payout)

• NY Giants (+3.5) at WFT

• Carolina (+3.5) vs New Orleans

• Cleveland (ML) vs Houston

• Cincinnati (ML) at Chicago

• Buffalo (-3) at Miami

• LA Rams (-3.5) at Indianapolis 

• Philadelphia (+3.5) vs San Francisco

• Las Vegas (+5.5) at Pittsburgh

• Denver (-6) at Jacksonville

• New England (ML) at NY Jets

• Arizona (-3.5) vs Minnesota

• Seattle (ML) vs Titans 

• Tampa Bay (ML) vs Atlanta

• Dallas (ML) at LA Chargers

• Kansas City (-3.5) at Baltimore

• Green Bay (ML) vs Detroit

Edited by NYRaider

Overall betting picks so far this season: 9-7

Hits: Ravens/Raiders (ML), Eagles/Falcons (ML), Cardinals/Titans (ML), Cowboys/Buccaneers (ML), Panters/Jets (ML), Seahawks/Colts (-3), Browns/Chiefs (ML), 49ers/Lions (ML), Bears/Rams (ML)

Misses: Jaguars/Texans (ML), Broncos/Giants (ML), Dolphins/Patriots (-2.5), Packers/Saints (-4), Steelers/Bills (ML), LA Chargers/WFT (ML), Vikings/Bengals (-3)

Against the spread: 1-3

ML: 8-4

On 9/10/2021 at 6:20 PM, N4L said:

He is a full go, so the injury shouldnt matter outside of the re-injury risk.

That is a very short number for our clear cut #1 WR who is the main guy we use to stretch the field. I think its a good bet and I would say you have the green light to fire it off. 

My main concern is gameflow, I expect the niners to rush for 250 yards, and I really think Detroit will be lucky to score 17 points, so I wonder how much passing we will do in the second half, but given how concerned the lions are going to be about our run game, we may elect to soften up the defense by hitting them over the top early in the game. 45 yards could be as little as 2-3 catches for him and he should clear that rather easily.

One thing to note, we will undoubtedly rotate QBs within the same series, and JG has looked real sharp all preseason, while Lance has shown he looks for the big play first. I dont think it matters who is QB because aiyuk will certainly have his number called by kyle throughout the game

Personally, I would rather play the over mostert rushing yards but this is a good bet as well

Dude, Shanny is one of the most brilliant young HCs in the league, but he needs to cool it with how he handles playing time and player development. He sends “messages” to a fault. And yes, I’m bitter - I drafted Aiyuk is multiple leagues and bet on him Sunday. 

• Like 3