Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

I'm not arguing their defense, it is good. Their offense isn't. There is a reason this is expected to be a real low scoring affair.

The Patriots offense stinks, they've scored 3 TD's against teams I wouldn't consider defensive juggernauts. Michael Carter had success against the Patriots last week, he's not Alvin Kamara. Not to mention the Patriots have a huge game on the horizon next week with Tom Brady coming back to town.

A Rod has a GOD awful track record at Candelstick Park but methinks GB has a decent shot to at least cover the spread.

Then I watch that pass rush and secondary play and go against Goff and yeah I can see Niners putting another spanking down. Just going to stray away from that game. Not sure who the RB for the niners will be

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Patriots offense stinks, they've scored 3 TD's against teams I wouldn't consider defensive juggernauts. Michael Carter had success against the Patriots last week, he's not Alvin Kamara. Not to mention the Patriots have a huge game on the horizon next week with Tom Brady coming back to town.

Looks like ima take the under for the Saints Pats game. 

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

A Rod has a GOD awful track record at Candelstick Park but methinks GB has a decent shot to at least cover the spread.

Then I watch that pass rush and secondary play and go against Goff and yeah I can see Niners putting another spanking down. Just going to stray away from that game. Not sure who the RB for the niners will be

The 49ers top 5 RB are out though.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Both offenses stink. It's going to be a defensive slugfest. The Saints problem is their strengths don't match up with the Patriots defensive issues, which are weak 2nd cornerback and to a lesser extent rush defense. The team with less turnovers will win and the Saints have a turnover prone QB.

But, good luck with your Saints ML/+3 bet. We'll see if it hits.

16 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Both offenses stink. It's going to be a defensive slugfest. The Saints problem is their strengths don't match up with the Patriots defensive issues, which are weak 2nd cornerback and to a lesser extent rush defense. The team with less turnovers will win and the Saints have a turnover prone QB.

But, good luck with your Saints ML/+3 bet. We'll see if it hits.

One team has shown that it is capable of a huge offensive output after capitalizing on turnovers, one hasn't. One team has a QB that is capable of making explosive plays downfield and an All-Pro RB, the other has a rookie and a collection of average backs. One team has a huge, emotional game next week, arguably the biggest of the season, the other doesn't. 

The Patriots defense has been impressive this season but they've also played against Tua/Gaskins and Wilson/Carter. I'm not a huge fan of Winston but in his last season as the Buccaneers starter he led the league in average depth of target, he can make explosive plays down the field. Mac Jones has been the most conservative passer in the league this year and dating back to college we've never seen him play from behind or facing adversity. Big welcome to the NFL moment coming this week. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'd say top 5, but I would really have to dive in more on other teams' safety duos. Not sure about the best, but it is really, really good when they are both on the field. Granted, that latter part is always tricky (especially with Tartt), and they don't create turnovers, but they really don't make a whole lot of mistakes. It's an unsexy but really steady duo on the field. They are a tandem that just gets all the little stuff right 

Maybe it's the homer in me, but you have a pair of 2020 Pro Bowl safeties in the same division. I realize that's not the crown jewel of achievements, but it's certainly an indicator of performance. I suppose I've overlooked just how good the tandem is in SF. 

I'm putting 3U on this 7-point teaser (-135): 

Panthers -0.5 + U50 total points

I just don't see a world where Mills leads a productive offense in his first start against a surprisingly good looking defense. This game feels virtually injury proof as even if Darnold or CMC go down (god forbid), I like their backup situation enough to still favor them over the Texans. 

My only fear is that Matt Rhule wants to put a show on for Thursday Night Football & puts up 35+ points. 

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'm putting 3U on this 7-point teaser (-135): 

Panthers -0.5 + U50 total points

I just don't see a world where Mills leads a productive offense in his first start against a surprisingly good looking defense. This game feels virtually injury proof as even if Darnold or CMC go down (god forbid), I like their backup situation enough to still favor them over the Texans. 

My only fear is that Matt Rhule wants to put a show on for Thursday Night Football & puts up 35+ points. 

The Texans defense has surprisingly been pretty decent this season under Lovie Smith with 5 takeaways through the first 2 games. And the Panthers offense hasn't been prolific through the first 2 games. The only thing I'd be concerned about is Davis Mills turning the ball over and giving the Panthers a short field. And the Giants/WFT combined for 59 points last week with two QB's that were considered to be meh and two defenses that were considered to be pretty good.

29 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Give me Chicago getting a TD. I think their D will keep them in the game and Fields will put some points up 

That's a solid bet. The Bears run defense shut down Joe Mixon last week and they're at home. While the Browns secondary got torched by Tyrod Taylor before he got hurt.