Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's a solid bet. The Bears run defense shut down Joe Mixon last week and they're at home. While the Browns secondary got torched by Tyrod Taylor before he got hurt. 

Eh, Chubb is the better RB and has the better offensive line. With that said, CHI -7 is another solid ATS opportunity to jump on. Fields is the obvious risky wildcard but I'm willing to bet on him giving the offense a spark and keep them within that touchdown. Plus I'm always leery when CLE are big favorites; I get they're not the SOB (Same Old Browns) but I don't think they've done enough to warrant being consistent big favorites against teams that aren't complete jokes.

Edited by biggie.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Eh, Chubb is the better RB and has the better offensive line. With that said, CHI -7 is another solid ATS opportunity to jump on. Fields is the obvious risky wildcard but I'm willing to bet on him giving the offense a spark and keep them within that touchdown. Plus I'm always leery when CLE are big favorites; I get they're not the SOB (Same Old Browns) but I don't think they've done enough to warrant being consistent big favorites against teams that aren't complete jokes.

Chubb/Hunt are definitely better but the Bears completely shut down the Rams and Bengals running games. The biggest difference in those two games was that Stafford destroyed their secondary while Burrow folded. But betting on a rookie QB is always risky, I think the only rookie QB to win this season is Mac against another rookie. The Bears can open up their offense a lot with RPO's and take more chances down the field though.

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Early eyeing Falcons ML. Both teams stink but it’s Matt Ryan and a bad team vs Daniel Jones and a bad team.

I like Sea -1.5 early on as well.

The Falcons/Giants game is one of the few I look at and honestly have no idea how it will go. Will Daniel Jones play like Lamar Jackson again? Will Matt Ryan rebound? It's anyone's guess, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Early eyeing Falcons ML. Both teams stink but it’s Matt Ryan and a bad team vs Daniel Jones and a bad team.

Full disclosure my big preseason bet is Falcons under 7.5 wins. 

NY didn’t look too bad on Thursday and have that extra rest going into Sunday. I think Barkley shows out this game. 

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Ryan is very slightly better than Jones based on what I have seen (Ryan week 1, Jones week 2).

The Giants team is better than the Falcons team, imo. 

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ryan is very slightly better than Jones based on what I have seen (Ryan week 1, Jones week 2).

Giants are unbettable. It's only a matter of time before they completely quit on Judge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Daniel Jones 5 best games have come against WFT.

With Daniel Jones, the Giants offense...

Against WFT (4-1): 27.6 PPG

Against everyone else (4-19😞 18.1 PPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I actually like the Giants there for some reason. I feel like this is Barkley’s breakout week. 

Love the over in that one. The Falcons can’t stop anybody and Ryan is good enough to play catch up and keep it someone competitive. 

9 hours ago, biggie. said:

Spread is now Buffalo -7.5, which is still way too high.

I keep seeing this but washington's defense scares me. Their DL has not played up to expectations. They are not super deep and they are playing a ton of snaps. Young doesnt have too many pass rushing moves and tackles are figuring him out. He doesnt know how to counter what they want to do. When he wins its on pure athletic ability and not technique. He has a looooong way to go and I don't think people are acknowledging it enough. 

WFT's secondary got lit up by the giants last week and by a QB rushing the ball. Allen doesnt look like the same player he did last year.... yet.  Daboll is an excellent coach. They have good weapons that should win enough matchups to put up points. 

Bills defense is back to where it was two years ago. Might even be better than that with the young edge rushers they have. McDermott is an excellent coach.

I really like hieneicke, thomas, gibson, terry. I am big fan of Scott Turner. WFT has extra time to prepare, but Bills were one of the favorites in the AFC to start the year and I think its too early in the season to think that the regression is as significant as you/everyone seems to think.

I dont think its a bad bet, but I think you are playing with fire and there are so many other, better things to bet on from my perspective

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I actually like the Giants there for some reason. I feel like this is Barkley’s breakout week. 

Love the over in that one. The Falcons can’t stop anybody and Ryan is good enough to play catch up and keep it someone competitive. 

Think it will really come down to QB play but still a very tough game to call.