Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bettor-just-missed-16-team-132431005.html

^^^ That dude we were chatting about did the buy out. $133k. You guys were pretty close.

I don't know how that guy could live with himself if he let it ride.    When you are putting $10 16-leg parleys - you're not a high roller who can shrug off a 133K loss.   Good for him.

Edited by Broncofan

I will be upfront, this is not a great game to bet on - but I won't be able to watch it without a little stake in it.   So caveat emptor.

My plays:

CMC over 133.5 total yards - I think he'll beat the rushing props, but he could hit the home run screen too, so I'm just taking the combined over.

DJ Moore over 5.5 catches +110 - plus money, I'll take for the #1 target guy.  I know the narrative is that CAR will be so far ahead, they'll be in shut-down mode in the 2H.  Thing is, the damage is likely done by then if that's the case.   Yards are fine too (O64.5), just this has + money.

Dan Arnold over 2.5 catches, +110 - same deal, rather take the plus money prop over yards (O24.5 yards at -110)

Brandin Cooks over 5.5 catches - same deal (O66.5 yards).

Very small TD props on Cooks (+187/+1800), Dan Arnold (+275/+3500 2+) and a sprinkle on HOU's TE P-Brown (+600/+11000 2+ lol).

I'm halving my usual single-game stake, so it's only 1U instead of 2U on the props, and only 0.4U/0.2U on the 3 TD props, instead of my usual 0.6/0.3 stake, so a total of 5.8U on the line tonight.  BOL!

Edited by Broncofan

I took CAR -7 earlier in the week but I still like it at 8

Teasing them with the over in the cards/jags game and baltimore. Baltimore should handle business and cards jags should be a high scoring game. 

I also took over carolina 26.5 points. Houstons defense is not good and will give up a lot of yards in the air

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

I took CAR -7 earlier in the week but I still like it at 8

Teasing them with the over in the cards/jags game and baltimore. Baltimore should handle business and cards jags should be a high scoring game. 

I also took over carolina 26.5 points. Houstons defense is not good and will give up a lot of yards in the air

Yeah Davis Mills should turn the ball over a few times tonight which will give the Panthers more chances to score. 

I also teased the Jaguars/Cardinals and Ravens/Lions games, the only concern I have is that Lamar missed practice today and is now questionable for the game. 

Carolina should score tonight but I disagree about Houston's defense. They completely shut the Jaguars down and then Lawerence put up garbage time stats when the game was over and Baker Mayfield only had 213 yards/1 TD against them last week. They don't have a ton of big names but Lovie Smith is a good DC and they've forced 5 turnovers through 2 games. The Panthers only scored 19 against the Jets and 26 against the Saints, it was their defense that dominated both of those matchups.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Not victory lapping at halftime, you said Houston's defense sucks, that hasn't been the case at all.

I said they were not good and that Carolina should move the ball in the air. Is Houston's defense good?? Darnold threw for over 300 yards. 

You absolutely were victory lapping at halftime, and Carolina was very close to hitting their over team total, which I played for about 25% of my Carolina -7 and -8 bets. Not to mention cmc got hurt pretty early in this game 

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I will be upfront, this is not a great game to bet on - but I won't be able to watch it without a little stake in it.   So caveat emptor.

My plays:

CMC over 133.5 total yards - I think he'll beat the rushing props, but he could hit the home run screen too, so I'm just taking the combined over.

DJ Moore over 5.5 catches +110 - plus money, I'll take for the #1 target guy.  I know the narrative is that CAR will be so far ahead, they'll be in shut-down mode in the 2H.  Thing is, the damage is likely done by then if that's the case.   Yards are fine too (O64.5), just this has + money.

Dan Arnold over 2.5 catches, +110 - same deal, rather take the plus money prop over yards (O24.5 yards at -110)

Brandin Cooks over 5.5 catches - same deal (O66.5 yards).

Very small TD props on Cooks (+187/+1800), Dan Arnold (+275/+3500 2+) and a sprinkle on HOU's TE P-Brown (+600/+11000 2+ lol).

I'm halving my usual single-game stake, so it's only 1U instead of 2U on the props, and only 0.4U/0.2U on the 3 TD props, instead of my usual 0.6/0.3 stake, so a total of 5.8U on the line tonight.  BOL!

1-0 with CAR-7 -125,  2-2 with player props (Cooks / Moore O5.5 rec at +110 each; Arnold missed by 1 catch, CMC injury quick L there), and 0-3 on the TD props (but with much lower stakes), so overall, a -0.6U net night.   At least it kept things entertaining lol.