Playoff Week 1: Bye - Snoozing is Not Losing

onejayhawk

Obviously i know that u can't just draft the next Chris Jones, but i highly doubt u can get him under a longterm contract, as he rightfully will demand a huge stack of money and then you need to be aware that we need to pay Mahomes as well and it should be clear who's the #1 priority of them. It would be amazing, if Veach can make it happen, but due to the Clark deal i doubt we can make it happen. Scenarios like franchise tagging Jones and keep him for 1 more year or trade him away could be possible, but unfortunately i don't see a longterm future of CJ95 here with us, so we do need to prepare for a future after him.

Edited by Edge

14 hours ago, Edge said:

Obviously i know that u can't just draft the next Chris Jones, but i highly doubt u can get him under a longterm contract, as he rightfully will demand a huge stack of money and then you need to be aware that we need to pay Mahomes as well and it should be clear who's the #1 priority of them. It would be amazing, if Veach can make it happen, but due to the Clark deal i doubt we can make it happen. Scenarios like franchise tagging Jones and keep him for 1 more year or trade him away could be possible, but unfortunately i don't see a longterm future of CJ95 here with us, so we do need to prepare for a future after him.

The Chiefs can keep him if they so wish. Franchise tag for 2020 would be in the 16 - 17 M$ margin, a long term contract would be even cheaper (check the Frank Clark numbers as a starting Point, approx 6.5 M$ for the first year on a 104 M$ contract). In 2021 the cap will go up SIGNIFICANTLY (wouldn't be surprised to see a 230 - 240 M$ cap) under the new CBA and new TV contracts reflecting a 19 week season (1 extra game, 1 extra bye week per team). Thus I think even a 5 year, 120 M$ contract would be possible to manage. However, I'd rather like to keep it in the 20 M$/year range.

22 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

The Chiefs can keep him if they so wish. Franchise tag for 2020 would be in the 16 - 17 M$ margin, a long term contract would be even cheaper (check the Frank Clark numbers as a starting Point, approx 6.5 M$ for the first year on a 104 M$ contract). In 2021 the cap will go up SIGNIFICANTLY (wouldn't be surprised to see a 230 - 240 M$ cap) under the new CBA and new TV contracts reflecting a 19 week season (1 extra game, 1 extra bye week per team). Thus I think even a 5 year, 120 M$ contract would be possible to manage. However, I'd rather like to keep it in the 20 M$/year range.

We could fit it in the books.   20 Mil is a ton for a guy,  especially when the run defense looks drastically worse when he’s lined up inside.  

Welcome warsawian!

14 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

If Bieniemy gets one of the many HC openings who moves into the OC role? Does Kafka get Elevated? Does Reid bring in Shurmur? Who do we want?

I think Kafka is next in the line and i think he's going to be a good OC as well.