Tyrod Time in LA?

bertuzzi

Can you really put rivers out there after how hes looked especially after the last couple weeks?

is it time to let tyrod finish up the season and bench rivers and see what he can do with those weapons. 

If the giants can bench Eli i dunno why the chargers cant bench this guy who cost them the season with his bad play.

You don’t bench Rivers for a known like Tyrod Taylor.  I get he’s playing bad, but he’s still Rivers.  Plus it isn’t like they have a very good shot at the playoffs where maybe Taylor could make the difference 

I think they should ride it out and move on in offseason.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, iknowcool said:

You don’t bench Rivers for a known like Tyrod Taylor.  I get he’s playing bad, but he’s still Rivers.  Plus it isn’t like they have a very good shot at the playoffs where maybe Taylor could make the difference 

I think they should ride it out and move on in offseason.

This. Benching Rivers for Taylor would be like when NYG benched Eli Manning for Geno Smith instead of Davis Webb; it's completely pointless.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 8

If you're going to move to Tyrod Taylor, you need a full Baltimore Ravens overhaul of your offense to fit his skillset, and you can't accomplish that during a regular season - heck the Ravens didn't even really accomplish that last year when we made the switch AND we had a bye week to install a new offense!

If you're just gonna run the same offense but have Tyrod at QB instead of Phil Rivers, what's the point? That's really stupid, IMHO.

• Like 1

Chargers options:

We want to win - Then you don’t put Tyrod out there, you ride Rivers out. 

We want to get a better pick: You’re already losing with Rivers. 

We want to prepare for life after Rivers: Tyrod isn’t your future. 

We want to see what we have in Taylor: Fire yourselves. 

If the Chargers had a young player that they want to see in real game action, this’d be a debate - but you don’t take a healthy Rivers out for Tyrod Taylor. 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that Coach Lynn does just that and start Tyrod. He has been noticeably critical of Rivers in press conferences lately. Tyrod was strangely  enough given a 2 year deal when he came over, when ideally we should have been working with Rivers on a extension. I think he starts a game somewhere during that contract.

32 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Rivers is still 12th in DYAR after two bad games. Right after Brady. He'll bounce back stat wise. Tyrod Taylor isn't the solution. 

He'll bounce back if Okung comes back and stays healthy, and even then the most important OL for Rivers is still Center. Pouncey going out was the beginning of the end. He's Eli level bad now where he seems to feel pressure when it's no longer there, locks onto receivers instead of going through his progressions, and hurries his throws. It's just horrible that the Chargers never developed a proper OL for Rivers despite the investments in FA and the draft. He was a guy who just needed solid not great protection to make things work. 2013 comes to mind. The beginning of 2014 was also another good example until the Chargers were on their 400th center that year.

1 hour ago, Classic said:

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that Coach Lynn does just that and start Tyrod. He has been noticeably critical of Rivers in press conferences lately. Tyrod was strangely  enough given a 2 year deal when he came over, when ideally we should have been working with Rivers on a extension. I think he starts a game somewhere during that contract.

Lynn should be critical of Rivers given his level of play. But I doubt Tyrod starts before 2020.

1 hour ago, bertuzzi said:

Well id rather watch tyrod play over what ive seen from rivers and don’t believe you need to change the entire offense for it otherwise why is he even the backup for the team.

Tyrod doesn't give the Chargers any sort of advantage over Rivers. People forget that Tyrod wasn't really good in Buffalo or Cleveland. 

If this was a situation where Tyrod is some young upstart you need to evaluate, I can get it. But, we already know what Tyrod is, which is an average QB. No need to bench the best QB in team history to give him a shot.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

He'll bounce back if Okung comes back and stays healthy, and even then the most important OL for Rivers is still Center. Pouncey going out was the beginning of the end. He's Eli level bad now where he seems to feel pressure when it's no longer there, locks onto receivers instead of going through his progressions, and hurries his throws. It's just horrible that the Chargers never developed a proper OL for Rivers despite the investments in FA and the draft. He was a guy who just needed solid not great protection to make things work. 2013 comes to mind. The beginning of 2014 was also another good example until the Chargers were on their 400th center that year.

If I remember correctly the mid to late 2000s he had a good line. Dielman, McNeil, Hardwick, and Goff.