Week 12 - Rams vs Ravens - MNF

RamRod

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You weren't asking a question, Showtime. You were trying to make a point that isn't accurate.

I don't know the Rams cap situation.  That's why I asked that question when he said they can retool.  I was assuming they wouldn't have much for a retool after all the money they dished out already + Ramsey, Cupp and whoever else needs a new deal.

Just now, showtime said:

I don't know the Rams cap situation.  That's why I asked that question when he said they can retool.  I was assuming they wouldn't have much for a retool after all the money they dished out already + Ramsey, Cupp and whoever else needs a new deal.

My apologies, then. It was worded in a way that made it seem like a rhetorical question, not an earnest one. Yes, we have cap space to sign a FA or two.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not as much as Id like, but youre right, still plenty to make the necessary adjustments. 

He still showed a few of the amazing throws tonight that we saw all last year into some impossible coverage. It just feels like most of the plays called, that guys just aren't open for him. Hopefully its more about a banged up OL not giving the time, and less about McVay trying to force an offense that most good Defensive coaches have adjusted to.

It's part that, it's part that he falls into some of the same traps that Philip Rivers falls into - and it's not something, honestly, that pretty much all QB's fall prey to, Rivers (and Goff) just seem to show a higher occurrence - which is predetermining his target when he's pressing (typically when put in a position where he's having to overcome a multi-score deficit).  Part of this could/should be solved by an adjustment by McVay, but I don't think it's something that would be achievable in a single week of practice; it would take at least a bye week to implement and even at that you wouldn't be able to accomplish it fully.  There need to be hot reads drawn into the plays for the secondary receivers (read: "not Kupp") and quite possibly more option routes written into plays for players that aren't Kupp (I'd probably put more of the focus on Cooks and Everett, but I can see the logic in using Woods in this capacity).  Goff looks like he's taken several beats too long to try and find a window to Kupp when he gets pressured quick (he's not doing a good enough job of looking-off Kupp's defender either), and particularly last night that seems to result more often than not in him either eating a sack, forcing the throw to Kupp anyway, or being late to move off of Kupp and throw the bail-out checkdown to Gurley (who by that point usually has a swarm of opposition players dead on him by the time the ball gets there).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Yea, and he also threw two picks and missed on several other throws....during garbage time at that. When Baltimore was playing off the ball and not even bringing pressure. They didn't need to. Had they brought pressure Goff would have folded as usual.

Um... the Ravens were blitzing all the way into the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.  Or did you miss the fact that they were sending corners in on pressure?

On 11/25/2019 at 7:58 PM, Rrrrrrrams said:

goff sucks so bad he can't even get garbage yards.

We never saw traditional "garbage time" in that game.  One of the things implicit in garbage time is for a team to play prevent and only rush 3 or 4; the Ravens weren't doing that.  And, honestly, given the fact that it's the exact type of mentality that has benefited the Pats to so much playoff success in the past, I don't blame Harbaugh and Martindale for keeping the foot on the accelerator.  Houston, Kansas City, and (once they get it together, which they will... because their evil always will out) the Patriots all have offenses that can snap-turn a multi-score lead into a tie or worse in a matter of 3-4 minutes of gameplay of less, particularly if you let up and go passive on them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

No way bro. This isn’t as bad as the last 14. For years we wanted a offense. For years we wanted to score more than 10 points. It’s bad but not that bad.. Honestly, with donald and Jalen we’ll be in good hands. I just think we need from Wade and get some fresh blood in.. We need to add another linemen next to donald. 

I fully trust Mcvay and Goff.. This year will be a great learning curve for them. Make them hungry af. 

During that 14 year stretch of hell, there was a numbness to how bad we were. Our focus would shift towards the draft/FA by Week 8. I was accustomed to sucking.

But having expectations and then falling short of them, to me, sucks more. It's more frustrating, you're more emotionally invested because you're expecting different outcomes every week and you know what "should" happen. But that's just me.

On 11/26/2019 at 5:57 PM, stl4life07 said:

You are the one of few that actually make sense on here. McVay even says it how he puts the offense in bad situations.

People forget that Goff was the 1st overall pick for a reason. He was being talked about being a top pick in his sophomore year at Cal. There is a reason why the Browns wanted Goff and when they saw the Rams move up to get him they moved out of the 2nd spot and passed on Wentz. They had no desire to take him. I like Wentz but if you want to talk about not being sold on a QB that would be him. He has gotten worst since he MVP caliber season, can’t stay healthy, and the locker room don’t believe in him. But the media and fans will still believe in Wentz and not even give Goff a chance. 

Btw I think it’s cool you played QB and coached two QBs. I coached briefly in HS but the TEs and WRs coach. It was a good experience. 

I find that very funny too. Clearly, many teams were high on Goff. I remember when he came out, people compared him to Manning and Ryan. I thought he fell in between the both of them, in terms of potential.

Wentz blows easy throws badly. Wentz blows throws in a similar fashion to how Mitchell Trubisky blows throws (nowhere near the WR). I've have not seen Goff blow throws that bad.

People think Wentz is going to be okay, because they have a Low IQ and listen to everything the media says. For instance, the media will state (I am paraphrasing) -- Goff has weapons, so he is the problem; on the other hand, Wentz has no weapons; therefore, Wentz is not the problem. The people that are not too intelligent will eat this argument up, because they are the guys that throw and catch the football! In reality, the offensive and defensive lines as a unit matter more than any single position or unit on the team. The classical saying that football "is the battle of the trenches" exists for a reason.

Upon watching both team, one should immediately conclude that the Rams have an inferior offensive AND defensive line than the Eagles. Aaron Donald is a special player, but you can scheme around one elite player on the defensive line. On the other hand, it is difficult to scheme around a 3-7 above-average to great players on the defensive line (notice how I didn't use the term Elite).

Yeah, I enjoyed coaching at the High School level for the 3 years that I did; I couldn't chase my dream of being a coach, because the salary for a coach does not move one out of their parents home. To make real money, I would had to be a HS teacher. I was not going to spend $20,000-$120,000 obtaining a degree in teaching; so, I made my way to law school, now I practice law.

Edited by ChicagoRaider14
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

I find that very funny too. Clearly, many teams were high on Goff. I remember when he came out, people compared him to Manning and Ryan. I thought he fell in between the both of them, in terms of potential.

Wentz blows easy throws badly. Wentz blows throws in a similar fashion to how Mitchell Trubisky blows throws (nowhere near the WR). I've have not seen Goff blow throws that bad.

People think Wentz is going to be okay, because they have a Low IQ and listen to everything the media says. For instance, the media will state (I am paraphrasing) -- Goff has weapons, so he is the problem; on the other hand, Wentz has no weapons; therefore, Wentz is not the problem. The people that are not too intelligent will eat this argument up, because they are the guys that throw and catch the football! In reality, the offensive and defensive lines as a unit matter more than any single position or unit on the team. The classical saying that football "is the battle of the trenches" exists for a reason.

Upon watching both team, one should immediately conclude that the Rams have an inferior offensive AND defensive line than the Eagles. Aaron Donald is a special player, but you can scheme around one elite player on the defensive line. On the other hand, it is difficult to scheme around a 3-7 above-average to great players on the defensive line (notice how I didn't use the term Elite).

Yeah, I enjoyed coaching at the High School level for the 3 years that I did; I couldn't chase my dream of being a coach, because the salary for a coach does not move one out of their parents home. To make real money. I would had to be a HS teacher. I was not going to spend $20,000-$120,000 obtaining a degree in teaching; so, I made my way to law school, now I practice law.

I can understand that haha.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:38 AM, BStanRamFan said:

During that 14 year stretch of hell, there was a numbness to how bad we were. Our focus would shift towards the draft/FA by Week 8. I was accustomed to sucking.

But having expectations and then falling short of them, to me, sucks more. It's more frustrating, you're more emotionally invested because you're expecting different outcomes every week and you know what "should" happen. But that's just me.

Nah. Different strokes and all, but I'd rather fall short of the playoffs with a 9-7 season than go back to the days where we were out of contention by Week 8. That numbness wasn't a good feeling. And I can at least believe that the Rams will be back next year. Back then, I had to work hard to convince myself that we'd be good. And that belief was usually trounced by Week 4. There was nothing good about those days.

• Like 1