Survival School Mafia - Forge and MWil survive!

Dome

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My meta is generally pretty easy for most people to read.

Correct.

No, it's more like trying to play the "long game" here. I've essentially boxed myself into a Catch 22 situation from a meta standpoint. If I am not extremely active, don't engage/defend myself at every opportunity, or push people from word go, people assume that I'm scum...and rightfully so up to this point. There are a whole host of things that I generally do as well, such as soft claim, try to subtly out my ability without being subtle whatsoever, tunnel on people early, etc.

From here on out, I'm trying a bit of a different approach for a few reasons:

1. So that I don't telegraph my moves too early when Town so that I can help longer and don't put a huge target on my back to either get hit, blocked, or manipulated (see Dome's pirate game with the janitor mechanic when Nacho janitored you).

2. So that I don't clog up the thread and distract others from other key interactions that will out potential scum. I have a tendency to verbally vomit in thread and think out loud (see: our scum chat last game, and any town game that I'm in basically), and people like Orca, Pickle, and Nacho seem to think that when I go against myself, I'm somehow lying (I'm not...I'm just trying to get things down in writing/paper so that I can process them later). While doing this is extremely beneficial to me, it's a distraction to Town many times.

3. When I am scum, admittedly, I will be a tougher read.

I don’t recall anyone saying you have a bad town meta, so why the need to change? 

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Theories and soft claims are two different things. Hinting at an ability isn't thinking out loud.

I'll try to explain:

In Dome's Pirate Mafia, I successfully vig janitored Butters, the Godfather, on N1. I also knew that Nacho was scum, and he picked up on my soft claim earlier in the day. Nacho was the scum janitor (which I didn't know). I said after the moves deadline "Goodbye Nacho", and then the next morning, Touch (civ) was dead, I had been PM'd that my move failed, and then I thought out loud for several pages about whether I was actually blocked or redirected, finally realizing that Nacho was the scum janitor and another faction member had in deed blocked me to set me up. Orca and Pickle both were Town and then targeted me and called me a "liar" and that I had softed (not my intention) and then lied that I was redirected (I merely was musing out loud about what happened).

7 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I don’t recall anyone saying you have a bad town meta, so why the need to change? 

1. To give clarity to others on the differences between my scum hunting, brainstorming, etc.

2. To stop myself from soft claiming

3. To set myself up for games that I'm actually scum, which I am embarrassingly bad at

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

But completely skipped over what I said? 

I responded to Mwil's post before reading anything posted after. 

But even if I hadn't, it was a post written by you, so it probably would have been skipped over regardless. 

10 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

That’s ok. The only way you nail scum is if you’re bussing your teammates. 

1. This got an audible laugh

2. Guess who has more likes?!?!?!?! That 3 hour like ban was temporary...more proof that webby loves me.

• Like 1