FF King of The Forum I: Final Three

FinneasGage

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Wow, where’s my phone for a remote control.  Wow.  Will come especially in handy when I accidentally bring my television remote to my back yard and can’t remember that I put it there.  Also the flashing lights and sounds will make it so much easier when it’s stuck behind a couch cushion that renders the lights completely useless and muffles the sound.  

You're bull****ting if you're saying you've never lost your phone. You put it somewhere in the room and then can't find it. It's a very common problem. Pretty desperate to be ****ting on our ideas so quickly, wonder why you aren't confident in your product.

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Good thing my cable box already has a Find Remote button built in

Cable box? Get with the times old man, we're all cable cutters now.

Just now, rackcs said:

Going to be difficult to get the market on this.

Tile Finder already has this market:

Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that finds everyday items in seconds—like your phone, remote, and keys.

https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/remote-control-finder?utm_campaign=1551449468&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=341491039855&utm_term=-b&adgroup=60107439558&gclsrc=aw.ds&&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuefvBRDXARIsAFEOQ9HYfZLiQNHzKNygXdAnYitGh5idLwNfora4lAceVt4rZDDF6j8JRb4aAmBvEALw_wcB

The Mote Mate

First off; not a fan of the name. I've heard of people call remotes a "remote," or a "clicker" but never a mote. So kind of an odd name that seems to be used simply to call it a "mote mate," which is sort of catchy. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. However, this item seems to only be a blue-tooth remote and it costs 20 dollars. Pretty high price point, tbh. Also, I don't think it has much of a use. It connects to an app. And the only thing the Mote Mate does differently from other universal remotes is that it can be found via a different device - your phone. What if you can't find your phone? Maybe the Mote Mate should come with a "Cell-y Tell-y" add-on where you can GPS track your phone from your remote. Sound stupid? That's because it is - much like the Mote Mate. However, I do like the attempt to upgrade a popular item. That alone could lead to some success.

Fizzy Drops

Instantly I see that this product also costs $19.99. So they can be compared fairly simply on a price scale. I am reminded of Soda Stream with this product; in the sense that it is upgrading a -huge- market. The bottled water / soda industry is absolutely massive. While Soda Stream seems to be a more "at home" item, Fizzy Drops are designed for "on-the-go" use - and inside of that market this product could succeed (My comparisons to Soda Stream here were made before I read the comparison in the pitch - which shows that they are aware of the competition). I do wish that this company provided a price for smaller sizes other than simply 50 pod packs for 20 dollars - as cheaper, 8 packs (as an example) of single flavors would probably sell far better in the long run. 

For me; the win goes to Fizzy Drops. It's an idea that (I believe) could actually have market success if done correctly.

• Like 3

Just now, rackcs said:

You're bull****ting if you're saying you've never lost your phone. You put it somewhere in the room and then can't find it. It's a very common problem. Pretty desperate to be ****ting on our ideas so quickly, wonder why you aren't confident in your product.

No, I am not lying.  I have literally never once lost my phone.  My phone is in three places: on my nightstand when I’m sleeping, in my pocket when I’m awake, on the vanity when I shower.  

My remote is in two places: in my hand, on the coffee table.  

I’m sorry you’re a boomer who can’t keep track of your remote, but nobody with a lick of responsibility needs your product.

And I can get 4 for 20 from your top competition. Why would I go with your brand?  

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I have literally never once lost my phone

the other day i lost my phone and called it. some guy answered and was like yeah it was sitting in my car. i had never been in this guy's car. so i drove to his house and his wife invited me in for dinner. and i was like nah, just kinda wanna get the phone. so then she like yeah ok, but then kept talking for no lie, 20 minutes. then i told her i really gotta go, if i could just get the phone that'd be cool. and then she seemed pissed and went to get my phone and to give it to me. i got in my car and it's fully charged and the case is kinda broke, but i was like whatever and just dipped.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

the other day i lost my phone and called it. some guy answered and was like yeah it was sitting in my car. i had never been in this guy's car. so i drove to his house and his wife invited me in for dinner. and i was like nah, just kinda wanna get the phone. so then she like yeah ok, but then kept talking for no lie, 20 minutes. then i told her i really gotta go, if i could just get the phone that'd be cool. and then she seemed pissed and went to get my phone and to give it to me. i got in my car and it's fully charged and the case is kinda broke, but i was like whatever and just dipped.

Yeah, but you’re not like people.  

I don’t even use a remote, it’s 2019.  When I did, it was on my coffee table.  I’ve literally never lost a remote and I’m not entirely sure how it happens. Where are y’all taking it? It’s a device with a 20 foot range that works for one thing.

On the other hand, I do like tasty and refreshing beverages.

Neither are “winners” imo, but I’m much more likely to purchase the fizzy drops. 

Yall had my money with the fart underwear tho.

• Like 2

I feel like both ideas are pretty good this time.

The kids (or at least they're who I always blame) lose the remote three or four times a week. And instead of digging through the couches and chairs, and doubting everyone who denies knowing where the remote is, pushing a panic button would be nice. Assuming I (the kids) haven't also lost my phone.

I'm not a big pop (that's what it's called) drinker. But it would be nice to have a beverage that isn't water, juice, or milk every once in a while. And rather than fill a beer drawer in the fridge or take up space on a shelf, having a little box of pop balls would be nice. Especially with mixed drinks. And you wouldn't have to buy so many plastic bottles....

I'm picking the Fizzy Drops.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

This is 10000000% jfin.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂