FF King of The Forum I: Final Three

FinneasGage

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

His taste in television is as ****ty as your ability to write television.  And Seth McFarland has never been funny in his life.  I can see why you like him.

I wrote the source materials racks wrote the treatment 

And he did a damn good job

As someone who frequently gets blowjobs in Hollywood, I would know

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

His taste in television is as ****ty as your ability to write television.  And Seth McFarland has never been funny in his life.  I can see why you like him.

Team Smug is declared the winner of this challenge, due to outlandishly untrue comments by Outpost. He will be automatically killed as a result as well...the next challenge will be posted momentarily 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Team Smug is declared the winner of this challenge, due to outlandishly untrue comments by Outpost. He will be automatically killed as a result as well...the next challenge will be posted momentarily 

Al Qaeda tried to kill Seth and now Outpost does the same, both have and will fail 

@FinneasGage

I will not be judging any of these on actors / directors chosen. My grading criteria will revolve solely around on if this premise would work for TV if it has a cohesive storyline, and the strength of its core characters.

Poems of Mud
MoL: Miserable Old Losers

Reading through the synopsis of the first four episodes, it's clear that this storyline seems to work in a standalone format only. That is to say that their doesn't appear to be a story that evolves over the course of the season. This kind of television has worked before, such as in early season's of Supernatural with its "Monster of the Week" revolving door episodes. It's clear that this show revolves around the imaginary persona's of Mission / TLO (and not anyone else really from the Smug Squad, for some reason). Immedietely from Episode 1, the characters appear repulsive and without redeeming qualities. Instead of the successful "Monster of the Week" on Supernatural, a defining theme here in Miserable Old Losers seems to be a "Hook Up of the Week." And while it could potentially be humorous in premise - execution seems destined to fail. Not to mention these themes of drugs, belligerence, and dubochery are certainly not going to be popular with women, nor are these themes suitable for basic television. With a limited audience and on a paid-for channel, Miserable Old Losers is sure to not be picked up.

Smug Squad
The Adventures of Smug Goat

In The Adventures of Smug Goat we get the characters of a Goat, God, and a Lion. The show opens up with a biblical Noah's Ark themed episode where Smug Goat must repent for crimes he apparently didn't commit by building a large boat. For some reason, a Home Depot is involved. I am instantly.... bored by all of us. I feel like the premise is rushed. As a viewer, I would hope to see the reasons (that is to say; the crimes) that are being repented for. This Ark could have been built throughout the season with a cliff-hanger of the flood beginning. Instead the Ark is built in a single day (like Rome, apparently, in this timeline). One of the three characters on the show, Cecil dies from an arrow to the heart and seemingly never find out who attacked Cecil, why they attacked Cecil, etc. This show is doomed by its simple world. All-in-all, this story ends after only four episodes and doesn't seem to have a clear reason for existing at all. This idea wouldn't even receive a passing grade in a middle-school English class.

While none of these ideas had the "Wow!" factor - only one of them could possibly be redeemed with some extra work and some (major) changes to its intended audience and week-to-week story. So, in a landslide, the winner for me is MoL: Miserable Old Losers.

• Like 5