FF King of The Forum I: Final Three

FinneasGage

@Nazgul, since your vote is already locked in, the whole point is they’re not likable or redeemable characters.  Seinfeld, Always Sunny, Curb Your Enthusiasm and ten thousand other shows since Seinfeld have done this.  The characters would be given more depth if we had more than 2 days and/or 600 words to do it.  And it’s 4 episodes.  The show would evolve and change.  By about episode 6 they’d realize the trend they’re in and they’d work on changing themselves.  They’d start to question what was happening in the fantasy portions.  They’d even get into fights with Cage/Travolta as they try to face the reality of their addictions and problems.  

Until that point came, nobody can sit there and tell me that Devito and Howard digging in porta potty **** for a phone they didn’t drop or savagely going at a holiday ham etc wouldn’t be some of the funniest television in years.  Just think of a TV series marketed as Travolta/Cage as these extremely hateable rich ***holes who never earned a thing in their life only for the twist at the very end to be they actually look like Devito and Howard wanting to be wealthy and attractive and being so miserable they convince themselves they are only to slowly come to accept who they actually are and work towards being better people.  

I know which show is better and I don’t care about Finn and his stupid goat love.

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Nazgul, since your vote is already locked in, the whole point is they’re not likable or redeemable characters.  Seinfeld, Always Sunny, Curb Your Enthusiasm and ten thousand other shows since Seinfeld have done this.  The characters would be given more depth if we had more than 2 days and/or 600 words to do it.  And it’s 4 episodes.  The show would evolve and change.  By about episode 6 they’d realize the trend they’re in and they’d work on changing themselves.  They’d start to question what was happening in the fantasy portions.  They’d even get into fights with Cage/Travolta as they try to face the reality of their addictions and problems.  

I understood the gimmick and the comparisons you were going for.
I just didn't think it was cohesive. Nor did the characters seem likable (like at all). I couldn't find any redeeming qualities from the brief descriptions.
Despite saying that they weren't intended to have those qualities... they still would need them. They needed to be relatable in some way.
I was hoping for some actual thought-out premises. Instead I got Misogynist Idiots vs. Dopey Goat. This wasn't exactly of contest of wits.

Take the vote and run with it here. But know that it wasn't a good idea.

Edited by Nazgul

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Until that point came, nobody can sit there and tell me that Devito and Howard digging in porta potty **** for a phone they didn’t drop or savagely going at a holiday ham etc wouldn’t be some of the funniest television in years. 

And no. This television would absolutely suck. Don't be ridiculous.