FF King of The Forum I: Final Three

FinneasGage

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Better than Lord of the Rings and stupid hobbits.  For the record it wasn’t my idea.  It’s still funny though.  And you’d watch it.  

I wouldn’t, and no, it’s clearly not better than the Lord of the Rings. Jury is still out on The Hobbit though.

8 hours ago, Nazgul said:

And while it could potentially be humorous in premise - execution seems destined to fail. Not to mention these themes of drugs, belligerence, and dubochery are certainly not going to be popular with women, nor are these themes suitable for basic television. With a limited audience and on a paid-for channel, Miserable Old Losers is sure to not be picked up.

I would argue that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia hit on these themes (pretty frequently at that) and its on its 14th season. Granted, you can't watch it on "rabbit ear" TV but FX is pretty much part of any cable package nowadays. 

There's a niche for these sort of shows - painfully awkward and very inappropriate comedies. This was the intent, we're not aiming for something everyone will watch, but those who DO watch it will have a cult-like following to it. 

Just now, Malfatron said:

that is true. a very crucial detail

Idris Elba would have probably declined, but that's a small detail. I have an in with Alfonso Ribeiro, he would have taken on the pilot at least.

Clint Howard and I had a falling out a few years back... So that's a tough sell.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I would argue that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia hit on these themes (pretty frequently at that) and its on its 14th season. Granted, you can't watch it on "rabbit ear" TV but FX is pretty much part of any cable package nowadays. 

There's a niche for these sort of shows - painfully awkward and very inappropriate comedies. This was the intent, we're not aiming for something everyone will watch, but those who DO watch it will have a cult-like following to it. 

Yes, but this idea was far far far far worse than Always Sunny.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Better than Lord of the Rings and stupid hobbits.  For the record it wasn’t my idea.  It’s still funny though.  And you’d watch it.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg7KXN1XlOIkdA8hHIRnb

Say that 1 more time and its on

2 hours ago, Nazgul said:

I wouldn’t, and no, it’s clearly not better than the The Hobbit. Jury is still out on The Lord of Rings though.

FIFY

15 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

Yes, but this idea was far far far far worse than Always Sunny.

Let's not act like S1 was some tour de force for Sunny - that show didn't find it's footing until midway through S2 when Frank was fully integrated into the lineup.